NBC Sports Edge Forums

Deshaun Watson 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, oliminator123 said:

Not hating. Stating facts. People don't like to hear facts nowadays. I admit he is a good fantasy QB. McKinnon will be up and down all season a la last week. 

All that pedaling. You are only looking at those "facts" subjectively to satisfy your own bias. That last interception was meaningless. The others weren't game breaking. The lack of a defense and the ability to contain Wilson were the real issue. And also O'Brien not attempting to convert the 3rd down to close out the game. Potentially leaving Seattle with an extra TO is only going to save them ~15s of game time. Better off trying to win the game. And then letting Wilson easily score that TD in 3 plays was a joke.

But sure... blame Watson.

6 minutes ago, Lamont Sanford said:

We all know NOTHING about QBs. Pretty obvious this year considering the current vs preseason rankings. Watson probably went undrafted in many redraft leagues, certainly wasn’t drafted high, turns out to be arguably the #1 fantasy QB by mid season. Was likely sitting on waivers at some point in redraft leagues, and some owner picked him up on a whim and unexpectedly hit the jackpot. The other owners in the league are  recalling picking up Jay Cutler instead becausehe had a juicy matchup that inevitably backfired.

He wasn't the week 1 starter. There was no reason to draft him in redraft. And no one predicted this kind of production even if he did get the start.

Just now, devaster said:

All that pedaling. You are only looking at those "facts" subjectively to satisfy your own bias. That last interception was meaningless. The others weren't game breaking. The lack of a defense and the ability to contain Wilson were the real issue. And also O'Brien not attempting to convert the 3rd down to close out the game. Potentially leaving Seattle with an extra TO is only going to save them ~15s of game time. Better off trying to win the game. And then letting Wilson easily score that TD in 3 plays was a joke.

But sure... blame Watson.

So 3 interceptions don't hurt the team? Seahawks scored 10 points off his interceptions. Pretty sure those 10 points lost them the game.

Just now, oliminator123 said:

So 3 interceptions don't hurt the team? Seahawks scored 10 points off his interceptions. Pretty sure those 10 points lost them the game.

They hurt, but they aren't the sole reason like you are attempting to claim. Man up already. This is a joke.

4 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

How do you know it was those 10 and not the other 31?

You're putting it a little too simply saying he lost the game because of his three picks.  Did he do more to help or hurt the team?  His turnovers were costly but they were not THE reason his team lost the game.  If he was able to put up the numbers he did and his team still lost it should tell you something about how the rest of the team performed.  Can you blame Watson for the remainder of the points allowed by Houston's defense?  I was only glancing at the game in the background while watching the Skins/Cowboys so I don't know the full story, but how someone can bash Watson with the totality of this performance is beyond comprehension.

15 minutes ago, drumr470 said:

It's all people that are butthurt that they weren't able to snag him off the WW in time

100% true, and hard to blame them. Most owners that picked him up off waivers had no idea what they were getting. Sure, they thought there was a chance he might be good, but just as likely, if not more so, that he’ wouldn’t. Well, turns out they got a league winner. 

So now one team in every league gets a massive, unexpected, boost because they happened to be the one to pick up Watson on a whim, while owners who actually spent time researching, drafting, trading for guys like Brees, Winston, Rodgers, Ryan, etc are somehow struggling at QB. 

It’s a blast for Watson owners, but pretty frustrating for the other 11 owners who now have to try and find a way to offset this windfall. 

35 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

You forget the 3 interceptions that cost his team the game? He can't win games yet. Once he starts winning games he can be considered a top QB.

Read this right here. 

I suppose he didn’t have a hand in winning any of the games where he dropped 40+ fantasy points?

Just stop. You’re embarrassing yourself. 

1 minute ago, billydough said:

Read this right here. 

I suppose he didn’t have a hand in winning any of the games where he dropped 40+ fantasy points?

Just stop. You’re embarrassing yourself. 

Yeah, those Browns and Titans teams he beat sure are juggernauts. 

41 minutes ago, 1st DownSyndrome said:

How them shorts taste?

I meant ROS when I said that, but I'm looking up marinades now. Do it against 4 of the worst secondaries, I'll keep doubting. Do it in Seattle, well, that shuts down a lot of doubt. Picks are concerning, but east to forgive on a 4 td day. Both Texas teams are definitely in good hands for awhile.