NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Deshaun Watson 2017 Season Outlook

TX Babe Ruth

31 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Also - that play calling at the end was gutless.  First hand off was fine but give yourself 2 chances on QB options to convert a 1st down.  Waste of an effort.

That’s what I was saying...one score game in a shoot out you don’t take your foot off the gas.

32 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

ROS looks great.  Mildly concerned about a match-up @ JAX opening week of fantasy playoffs but we'll cross that bridge once we get there.  Big issue with the Jaguars is that they have an elite pass rush but also two elite corners and LBs who can cover sideline to sideline.  Match-up nightmare. 

Fortunately, I’m going 7-1 so I should have a bye.  I would still fire him up that week and expect at least 20 points.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On Sat Oct 28 2017 at 12:24 AM, jbshaw said:

Think thats probably overrated.  He's on an unsustainable pace, and the weather is only going to get worse, which is going to be an issue with his mediocre (generous) arm strength when he travels.  His blow up the last month has been among the worst secondaries in the league, and he's gotten away with a lot of passes that should have been intercepted but weren't.  Add both factors, and defenses getting more tape as the season goes on, and I think he comes back to more what I would expect a good rookie to put up.  Which isn't a top 12 QB.  He'll probably end up there because of his explosion, but if you started a new season THIS WEEK, I don't think he's a top 12 guy.  

Great kid.  As someone who lives near Houston, glad the city clearly has a decent QB to hope for the future with.  But I don't think the fantasy train is going to continue chugging at its current speed.

Wasnt sure what to make of the bolded comment when i first read it. I didnt know he had a weak arm.

It looked like he threw that 1st TD pass to fuller about 55 yards in the air.

9 hours ago, datsyuk said:

And to think all of the "experts" suggested I start Andy Dalton over him this week... lol. 

Thank the lord I didn't. Absolute stud in a high octane, no holds barred offense.

I had Dalton plugged in up until Sunday morning when I listened to my gut and made the switch back. Glad I did, Was the difference between a W and an L. 

17 minutes ago, Wynter12 said:

I'm starting Watson next week for sure. Wilson saved me from feeling like a dumbass not starting him this week. Thanks goodness lol 

He has to feast on the Colts, right? 

He is "UNBENCHABLE" vs any team the rest of the season.

Just now, ludawg23 said:

Knowing how fantasy football works, he'll probably have his worst game against the worst defense in the league next Sunday :lol:

:lol: exactly. People/experts panic over Seahawks and Watson has a great game despite interceptions. 

And then we expect a massacre against the Colts and we get a low scoring game. Fantasy has taught me to expect BS like that  lol 

10 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

Knowing how fantasy football works, he'll probably have his worst game against the worst defense in the league next Sunday :lol:

was thinking along these lines myself, inasmuch that the Colts offense may just get swallowed up, maybe a pick six, etc ... allowing Houston to ease off the gas pedal a bit. 

but then i thought back to last week, and how Bortles went for 330/1 against them, in a 33-0 blowout, which was not as close as the score indicates. 

oh.  boy. 

?

37 minutes ago, Wynter12 said:

I'm starting Watson next week for sure. Wilson saved me from feeling like a dumbass not starting him this week. Thanks goodness lol 

He has to feast on the Colts, right? 

If you have both Wilson and Watson I'd trade one... you should be able to get a king's ransom after yesterday.

Take it from Seahawks cornerback Richard Sherman, who via Peter King of TheMMQB.com had this to say to Watson after Seattle’s 41-38 win: “‘You played the best game any quarterback has ever played against us, and we’ve played all the legends. I respect how you hung in there and kept battling and battling.'”

To King, Sherman offered this assessment of Watson: “My God, Houston’s so lucky. By next year, he’s going to be a top five quarterback in this league, and that includes the two big dogs [Tom Brady and AaronRodgers]. He makes you dig to the deepest part of your competitive juices to beat him.”

15 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

was thinking along these lines myself, inasmuch that the Colts offense may just get swallowed up, maybe a pick six, etc ... allowing Houston to ease off the gas pedal a bit. 

but then i thought back to last week, and how Bortles went for 330/1 against them, in a 33-0 blowout, which was not as close as the score indicates. 

oh.  boy. 

?

Yeah at this point no one in their right mind would bench Watson.   It’s coming too easily in too many different ways.    Don’t overThink 

13 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

If you have both Wilson and Watson I'd trade one... you should be able to get a king's ransom after yesterday.

I love having both though :lol: 

But I'm going to  see what low ball offers my league will try to give me for him lol

1 hour ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Where is @jbshaw I just bought some shorts for you....want me to break them in?

Meant that as season long, as he still does have the negatives I brought up. Even last night, he had 3 ints. I somehow (thankfully) wasn't in market for that game despite living closer to Houston than Dallas, so I can't comment on if those are concerning or not, but 4 tds wipes that out wrt fantasy.

With that said, I am now looking up marinades to try to make my shorts more palatable. Tearing up bad pass defenses is one thing. Seattle is another, and changes the calculus going forward.

2 minutes ago, jbshaw said:

Meant that as season long, as he still does have the negatives I brought up. Even last night, he had 3 ints. I somehow (thankfully) wasn't in market for that game despite living closer to Houston than Dallas, so I can't comment on if those are concerning or not, but 4 tds wipes that out wrt fantasy.

With that said, I am now looking up marinades to try to make my shorts more palatable. Tearing up bad pass defenses is one thing. Seattle is another, and changes the calculus going forward.

LMAO, he is a man of his words! 

5 minutes ago, jbshaw said:

Dude i don’t think anybody could have seen him tearing up the league like this-   this fast.    You just went out on a limb a bit more making the fall harder lol.  

Edited by Impreza178