NBC Sports Edge Forums

Corey Davis Season Outlook 2017

He just got dropped in my 12-teamer without an IR slot (not by me). 

I have him in my other 12-teamer, and I'm holding because I'm able to keep him in my IR slot. That and it's a keeper league, and he can be kept for 9th rd value next year. 

If you have an IR slot, he's a no-brainer hold, but so many leagues don't utilize an IR slot, so I can't blame those owners for dropping him. I wanted to hold onto Coleman, but finally had to just bite the bullet and drop him. It doesn't matter how talented the player might be, eventually you have to make some tough decisions for the benefit of your overall roster. And bye weeks are a killer. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was dropped in my 12 team standard league.  Does my team need to stash him?  If so who should I drop?

QB: Brady

RB:  Gordon, Kamara

WR:  OBJ, D. Adams, D. Parker

TE:  Brate

Flex:  Cohen

Bench:  Pryor, W. Fuller, Lacy, Smallwood, C. Clement, T. West

Just now, JediMasters said:

He was dropped in my 12 team standard league.  Does my team need to stash him?  If so who should I drop?

Yes

23 minutes ago, JediMasters said:

clement and west would never make it to my bench

33 minutes ago, JediMasters said:

Maybe you should ask the assistant coach? 

TOMMY-TUBERVILLE-IS-PISSED.gif

6 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

Is there anyone with more upside available than this guy?

I'm having thoughts of OBJ rookie year, but its turning into a Josh Gordon hold nightmare.

Just confused how he became a maybe then an early out the next week.

I honestly don't know how talented he is or will he have a fantasy relevant impact. I have an IR slot to fill so I put Corey in it because this thread keeps popping up.

I'm ok putting a dart throw on my bench waiver options  jermaine kearse, kendall wright, kenny stills. kenny Britt,etc  are not going to win me a title

Edited by dashoe
20 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

Is there anyone with more upside available than this guy?

I'm having thoughts of OBJ rookie year, but its turning into a Josh Gordon hold nightmare.

Just confused how he became a maybe then an early out the next week.

Yes, they call him Tyler......Tyler Lockett

7 minutes ago, dashoe said:

good luck figuring out who is the legit #2 wr after Baldwin on a weekly basis

Tyler was about to explode at the end of last year, you know this. That unfortunate injury set him back a bit, but he is coming back and getting stronger. He will take that number two slot with vengeance......it is rightfully his to take! 

5 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Tyler was about to explode at the end of last year, you know this. That unfortunate injury set him back a bit, but he is coming back and getting stronger. He will take that number two slot with vengeance......it is rightfully his to take! 

Paul Richardson says, "nawwwwww playa". lol

Corey Davis update

Titans receiver Corey Davis has been ruled out for the third straight game because of his hamstring injury.

Mularkey said he’s “on schedule.”

“When he’s healthy, he’ll come out here and do whatever we feel is going to put himself in a position not to hurt himself again,”  Mularkey said of Davis. “It is still a week to week thing. If he is healthy next week (he’ll practice). It’s a week to week thing.”

http://www.titansonline.com/news/article-4/Three-Quick-Hits-from-Fridays-Practice/0da9e3ef-df5f-454b-9f85-93cb9262f368

Mularkey said @TheCDavis84 [Corey Davis] is ahead of @cyp [Johnathan Cyprien] in recovery from hamstring injury @Titans

https://twitter.com/jwyattsports/status/916346949766471680

I'd love to have him back for week 6 vs the Colts.

I'm very late to the game but for all who don't own him I'd be trying to buy low if you can get him for a guy on your bench you would never start anyway even in a BYE week scenario. Its likely that whoever has him though values him more than that so I think if you want him he has to be a "throw in" as part of a bigger trade that fills that teams immediate needs more and he should be easier to get if their owner has had a slow start or has serious depth issues.

I'm a much bigger NBA fan than NFL fan and just play FF recreationally in low stake leagues with friends and co-workers but being a Mariota owner and watching him play and seeing his potential made me dig deeper as to why the Titans didn't have a more legit #1 WR which is how I uncovered this guy. As a Mariota owner I realize there is a need for a guy like him and it makes complete sense to me why Titans used a high draft pick on him. It'll be an uphill battle but once healthy if this guy is as good as he is he shouldn't have trouble getting at least 7 targets on this team and could easily work his way into top overall target and receiver conversation which is a role I think is currently held by Walker (obviously a TE and WR function on offense and style of point production would be entirely different). 

Davis' injury coupled with Mariota's injury makes this guy's buy-low market stay strong a little longer and I'd attempt to get him sooner rather than later since the closer he gets to returning the less likely his owners will be to sell and instead wait things out to see how he fares in a return to action. 

There was a guest physician on a fantasy football YouTube show back before week 1 that said in his expert opinion Davis was coming back 3-4 weeks too early when he was slated to play in week 1. He said owners should be very worried. Low and behold he survives week 1 only to reinjure it in week 2. I don’t think we are going to see him back before week 7, and if the Titans have learned their lesson and want to have him for the rest of the season we are probably looking at week 9 (week 8 is his bye). If I’m betting money, I don’t think he suits up until week 9.

I ended up emailing the doctor and praising his analysis because it was so spot on.

Edited by default_account
2 minutes ago, default_account said:

There was a guest physician on a fantasy football YouTube show back before week 1 that said in his expert opinion Davis was coming back 3-4 weeks too early when he was slated to play in week 1. He said owners should be very worried. Low and behold he survives week 1 only to reinjure it in week 2. I don’t think we are going to see him back before week 7, and if the Titans have learned their lesson and want to have him for the rest of the season we are probably looking at week 9 (week 8 is his bye). If I’m betting money, I don’t think he suits up until week 9.

I hope you are right. It would be a disaster to suit him up for week 7, reinjured it, and then the bye week 8.

2 hours ago, default_account said:

I ended up emailing the doctor and praising his analysis because it was so spot on.

I think this scenario definitely makes logical sense for the Titans especially since the same precaution could (and my opinion should) be taken with Mariota. Both are big parts of the future of this franchise and both have hamstring injuries which history shows is dangerous to return before they are healed as is can lead to more serious long term issues. If you look at their schedule it supports this as well since they play Miami, Indy and Cleveland the next 3 weeks up until the BYE. They minimally should have a chance to win all those games without Mariota and Davis so it makes even less sense to rush these guys back. 

Matt Moore isn't anything special but he isn't a complete bum and they have a guy like Decker who should and needs to step up in the mean time. Lacking Mariota and Davis makes this much more difficult but they have a RB duo in Murray and Henry who has the talent to carry this offense while these guys are out. Getting Murray and Henry going will only help open things up for when Mariota and Davis get back. 

Davis and Mariota will also likely be going through the same treatment, exercises and procedures while they come back from hamstring injuries so this is reaching for straws but the guys will probably be spending a lot of time together and have an opportunity to connect with each other more on a personal level and build a stronger relationship which can't hurt once they both get back on the field. 

I own him in dynasty and didn't expect much for this season.  Would be pleasantly surprised w/ WR2/Flex numbers in the last 1/4 of the season. Next year he's got the tools and situation to put up top 10 WR #'s, esp as the old guard starts to move on.  

+1 for holding him out as long as needed so the hammy is 100% behind him.

It's worth it to miss a few weeks now to ensure he moves beyond the injury and can go all out down the stretch. As many have said he is likely to flash with two or three big games in last third of the season and get everybody hyped up for next year. He'll help some teams get into the playoffs as attrition sets in and other WRs miss time.

Dat throw for me. The Titans are not as good as they were forecasted to be so you figure they will play from behind alot. The running game is inefficient, Rishard  is their main guy, Decker is MIA and delanie is not getting into the endzone.  You figure Corey will be the spark plug they need on offense.

better to take a shot on the potential playmaker returning from injury than a guy like zay jones who can't catch the ball.

Whether or not you can afford to stash him is league and team dependent. But if Josh Gordon warrants 30+ pages on the off chance he can be a late season contributor I think Davis is worth a glance. If the Titans are still in it they'll need him and all I see is the potential for heavy targets to a very talented player. I'm holding strong.