NBC Sports Edge Forums

Corey Davis Season Outlook 2017

24 minutes ago, gus030 said:

Drop him then because he's not gonna come back week 7 if they have a bye the next week that would be pointless 

I'll be riding him to glory while you are spot starting match up based average talent in your wr slot

I don't want to wait until week 9, but I obviously will if I have to.  You said the best case scenario is he comes back in week 9.  That's obviously not true.  The best outcome of this would be he comes back week 7 fully healthy and balls out from here until the end of the season.  Is it likely?  Obviously not.  The most likely scenario is he comes back week 9 given the bye in week 8.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, oban14 said:

willing to wait

Or able to wait. If you have your benches full with injured starters you don't want to drop, then you cannot really defend waiting for Davis to get healthy. I need my players this week, not 3 weeks from now, possibly.

10 minutes ago, Skins33 said:

If you're sitting pretty in the standings, I say he's worth the stash, but i wouldnt expect him back until after their bye since he's been declared out early every week lately. 

Yeah 4-1 and i need a spark if someone were to go down... Watched all the targets he had and im sold, dropped ju ju dont care i feel like its hit or miss with the steelers, i think once mariota and davis are healthy we should be gold. 

Alright we can put to rest the theory that they sit him next week even if he is ready.

“I’m pretty sure that’s what it’s going to be for (safety Johnathan) Cyprien,” who will miss a fifth consecutive game with a hamstring injury,Titans coach Mike Murlakrkey said. “I can’t say that about Corey, because we could use his help. When he’s healthy, we’re going to get him in there. We’re not going to – the extra week would be great, but if he’s healthy, we’re going to go with him.”

http://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/nfl/titans/2017/10/12/titans-colts-corey-davis-mike-mularkey/756268001/

Edited by Most Guruist

Well, I have stashed him for 5 weeks but now with Zeke’suspension and bye weeks coming at us, I may have to let him go. I feel pretty sure he won’t play until week 9 and I don’t know how effective he will be at that time. 

My question to you is simple- do you think Corey can still be a BEAST down the stretch or just okay?  Do you still feel he will clearly be Mariota’s number one guy?

15 hours ago, DJSatane said:

This guy gonna end up being out all year long....

I understand he has battled injuries even in college.  So, I don’t know how to answer your question.  The coach want some hi mike to play ASAP but his body is saying something else. 

31 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Well, I have stashed him for 5 weeks but now with Zeke’suspension and bye weeks coming at us, I may have to let him go. I feel pretty sure he won’t play until week 9 and I don’t know how effective he will be at that time. 

My question to you is simple- do you think Corey can still be a BEAST down the stretch or just okay?  Do you still feel he will clearly be Mariota’s number one guy?

I had to let him go for Morris, too. 

1 hour ago, TennisMenace said:

The problem of course is it's week 6 and you know some owner will make the preemptive pickup at week 7 and stash for two weeks.

I know some league settings have IR slots.  Never played with one that does and personally to me, it seems to make it easier for every one.  While it sucks to have to hold an injured guy, in my opinion it makes it more challenging and forces people to make the tough decisions. 

2 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

As a TY Hilton owner I think Corey will be a co-wr1.  Putting up similar numbers ROS, with Hilton taking the edge in yards, equal on receptions, and Davis taking the edge in TDs.  Corey doesn't have the body of work so I don't value them the same but with Corey's talents and situation I think that is how it will end up.  I felt good about starting him week 6 or 7 being his first game back vs poorly performing teams.  Pre-losing Zeke my current starters had good matchups weeks 9, and the Ravens pass D has been decent, so if that was his first game back I was going to sit him and see how the connection between him and Mariota was.  Post losing Zeke I will most likely fire him up week 9 sight unseen (still a ways a way though so that could change).  On youtube there is a good video "NFL Film Breakdown: Corey Davis Debut as a Tennessee Titan" by Voch Lombardi that highlights his route running skills, his ball skills, and his field presence that leads me to believe his target count week one was because of his effort and not a fluke.

1 hour ago, Most Guruist said:

As a TY Hilton owner I think Corey will be a co-wr1.  Putting up similar numbers ROS, with Hilton taking the edge in yards, equal on receptions, and Davis taking the edge in TDs.  Corey doesn't have the body of work so I don't value them the same but with Corey's talents and situation I think that is how it will end up.  I felt good about starting him week 6 or 7 being his first game back vs poorly performing teams.  Pre-losing Zeke my current starters had good matchups weeks 9, and the Ravens pass D has been decent, so if that was his first game back I was going to sit him and see how the connection between him and Mariota was.  Post losing Zeke I will most likely fire him up week 9 sight unseen (still a ways a way though so that could change).  On youtube there is a good video "NFL Film Breakdown: Corey Davis Debut as a Tennessee Titan" by Voch Lombardi that highlights his route running skills, his ball skills, and his field presence that leads me to believe his target count week one was because of his effort and not a fluke.

Wow, you have certainly added doubt to my already confused mind. In my gut, I have stashed Corey because I do believe he can be a stud and I can play him next to my Hogan and Diggs and feel the guy who I’m playing against who is throwing out Antonio Brown, Michael Thomas, and Doug Baldwin does not have much, if any, of an advantage over me. 

Of late, my faith is weakening and this Zeke suspension has Reduced my bench to the bare minimum.  I will continue to think this out. 

Thank you.

ESPNs blurb on Corey Davis says that he could be ready to play against the browns week 7.

If this report is true and your team is doing well... And you have inverse order of standings waiver... I would say now is your last chance