NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Corey Davis Season Outlook 2017

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, theSPANKER said:

Ugh. I only had room between him and John Brown at the end of my bench.  I hope I made a good decision.  

Go with Corey Davis. His upside is 10+ targets a game and red zone looks. John Brown will never be a target monster. 

32 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Chances he plays next week?

I'll believe he plays this week when he lines up on the field. I just don't see the need to rush a guy that injured his hammy and then re-injured (worse than the first) because he was trying to get back. I'm personally looking at a week 9 return. I know others disagree, and that's cool. I just don't want him back in the lineup until he's fully healthy. 

2 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Man. This offense is just loaded. Reminds me of the Mike Williams situation on how he’s going to even eat into the target share.

one can hope. But decker and Matthews showed up tonight. I picked up Davis this weekend but I don’t know how he will do with all these mouths to feed.

Decker and Mathews have their place, but Davis is a special talent.  Remember when OBJ was healthy his rookie year?  Or Calvin Johnson?  He has that kind of talent.

14 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Man. This offense is just loaded. Reminds me of the Mike Williams situation on how he’s going to even eat into the target share.

one can hope. But decker and Matthews showed up tonight. I picked up Davis this weekend but I don’t know how he will do with all these mouths to feed.

He had 10 targets in week 1...Mularkey wants him to be the #1 WR.

17 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Decker and Matthews having a good game (albeit against the Colts) makes me feel even better about Davis. Keeps defenses honest.

Edited by Jwook

Offense looked surprisingly good despite Mariota clearly not looking like himself lacking mobility and staying in the pocket for the entire game. Mariota still played very well despite pocket passing not being his strength which bodes well for Davis. If I had to guess I'd assume Davis plays so he can get some NFL action and test his hammy a little but he is kept on a snap count. I only have 4 WRs and 2 of them are on BYE so I could really use him this week but unless practice reports and talk from coaches are favorable then I probably play it safe and play Fowler or Woods whom I intend to pickup. 

1 minute ago, Jaw1 said:

Offense looked surprisingly good despite Mariota clearly not looking like himself lacking mobility and staying in the pocket for the entire game. Mariota still played very well despite pocket passing not being his strength which bodes well for Davis. If I had to guess I'd assume Davis plays so he can get some NFL action and test his hammy a little but he is kept on a snap count. I only have 4 WRs and 2 of them are on BYE so I could really use him this week but unless practice reports and talk from coaches are favorable then I probably play it safe and play Fowler or Woods whom I intend to pickup. 

Yeah I think he'll at least suit up too.  I think the Titans expect of themselves to win the division and they'll want to have him available if a time calls for it.  I think Mariota was probably out there because they couldn't afford to bleed any more losses and they still almost managed too.  Hopefully these youngsters can play their tails off this season and get some playoff experience and be a force to reckon with for years to come.

2 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Is he gonna be the ODB of this year? I think we could all really use it.

ODB? Not sure who that is, but I guess he could become the OBJ of the second half. :D

He's super-talented, but I'd like to see him string some healthy games together before declaring him as anything or anyone. I'm not really worried about Decker or Matthews. They are veterans but the two don't even combine to equal Davis' talent level. I'm optimistic for the second half of the season, but cautiously so. I have him in every league just in case though. LOL. 

Can ya'll relax with the OBJ comparison? Lol

The Giants didn't have a Matthews, Decker, or a Walker in front of their rookie WR

You want to know why OBJ feasted his rookie year? Look at this list of scrubs:

DiTKWbL.png

And Victor Cruz only played one game with Odell, so he was pretty much out of the picture too

Picked him up for free yesterday. Hoping he can finally be the solid WR2 I've been missing thus far. You don't burn the 5th overall pick on a WR unless you will make him a focal point in your passing game. Decker and Rishard won't go away, but my money is on Davis to lead the Titans in receiving yards and receiving TDs from now on. Week 1 we've seen his floor. Get ready for the ceiling!

7 minutes ago, frog34 said:

Picked him up for free yesterday. Hoping he can finally be the solid WR2 I've been missing thus far. You don't burn the 5th overall pick on a WR unless you will make him a focal point in your passing game. Decker and Rishard won't go away, but my money is on Davis to lead the Titans in receiving yards and receiving TDs from now on. Week 1 we've seen his floor. Get ready for the ceiling!

Or you are the Chicago Bears and draft an injury prone WR like Kevin White.