NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Corey Davis Season Outlook 2017

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Kevin White didn't have 4 years of outstanding production in college. He was a flash in the pan with great physical metrics but little history.

It's hard for me to imagine that a guy who's especially injury prone managed to amass more receiving yards in 4 years of FBS than anybody else that's walked (run) the earth.

5,007 yards receiving.

How's a guy going to get that many yards if he's fragile?

5278 yards to be exact. Mental...

5 hours ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

I need to hear some practice reports, hopefully soon. Oh that's right, they just played last night. Probably have to wait until Wednesday.

Good. I need to pick him off waivers today and could do without the roto blurbs.

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/titans-corey-davis-ruled-out-week-7/

Davis (hamstring) won't play Sunday at Cleveland, Jason Wolf of The Tennessean reports.

Davis will miss a fifth consecutive contest as a result of a hamstring injury. Because the Titans have a bye week after Sunday's game, the team may have tentatively circled their first game of November for Davis's return. In any case, he'll continue to cede snaps to Eric Decker, Rishard Matthews and fellow rookie Taywan Taylor at wideout.

24 minutes ago, ccsae said:

Where'd you guys hear that he's not playing? The "out" status has been there since last week so not sure if its just not changed yet or if he's really out.

No, Yahoo changed his status to "questionable" and then changed it back to "out" this afternoon. 

I’m not an athlete or man but giving my perspective. I pulled my hammy 2 months ago doing sprints and it’s still isn’t right. These injuries linger and at times I feel it tighten and like it’s going to lock. I can only imagine how and what pros go through. 

On 10/14/2017 at 3:16 AM, Nap Time said:

He already aggravated this injury once (somewhat severely).  When he initially pulled the hamstring they did an MRI on it, which isn't always done.  Given all that, I'd expect the coaches to proceed with caution now.  That points to holding him out through the Week 8 bye.

like I said

7 minutes ago, TX Babe Ruth said:

I’m not an athlete or man but giving my perspective. I pulled my hammy 2 months ago doing sprints and it’s still isn’t right. These injuries linger and at times I feel it tighten and like it’s going to lock. I can only imagine how and what pros go through. 

He's probably had treatment everyday since the injury though.  It's weird, I tried looking up the MRI results and cant find them anywhere.

2 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

He's probably had treatment everyday since the injury though.  It's weird, I tried looking up the MRI results and cant find them anywhere.

Yes, he will have the best treatment but I’m just saying how the hamstrings linger...