NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Corey Davis Season Outlook 2017

3 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I should know better than to get sucked into RotoWorld hype.

It gave me Chris Carson, Joe Mixon, Christine Michael, Greg Zuerlein, and now Corey Davis.

You guys have to be right on one of these eventually, right?

Zuerlein is the #1 K in fantasy in my league. So, I'd say that one hit. Probably means Davis doesn't play again until Week 17.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

Yeah, I'm like many others...counting on him to help me during that final stretch run and the playoffs in both leagues. 

In my keeper league, he's a 10th round keeper next year. <insert fist pump here>

Yeah buddy, 12th round keeper here!

I live in Michigan, and I have been fortunate enough to see this kid play on many Saturdays.  As I watched him slip in our live draft, I continued looking around the room hoping no one would notice his name glaring on the big board.  Zay Jones went off in the 12th round ahead of CD, which blew my mind, so thats when I pulled the trigger. I'm usually timid on rookies, but this year was going to be of open mind.

He is special without a doubt, he is polished for a rookie (dont get me wrong, he still has work to do), he is diligent, he prepares and works harder than everyone else, he wants to be the best, he's quick in and out of breaks, he's smart, he has size and speed, good hands, but most of all he is humble.  Go watch his draft combine presser or his interview after being drafted.  The kid reminds me of Julio in the way he speaks, the way his attitude is... just cool as a cucumber and a team first guy.  He played 4 years of College ball at WMU ( was the only D-1 school to offer a scholarship to him I believe) which I think makes him a little more refined than a guy like Mike Williams who chose to skip his Senior year and missed an entire season to a broken ******** neck.  

I've held him since draft day and he will remain on my team for the ROS.  Its a shame this soft tissue injury has basically Stefon Diggs'd the beginning to his career but the Titans have been smart and held him out.  

I really think this guy is a league winner down the stretch, especially when (not if) Decker gets injured for the year and Davis takes over the majority of those snaps

5 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

It gave me Chris Carson, Joe Mixon, Christine Michael, Greg Zuerlein, and now Corey Davis.

Or you could just do your own research and use Rotoworld as a supplemental tool. Or not. 

8 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Sorry, what do you mean "you guys"? Did anyone press the buttons and select the players into your team?
Did you do your own analysis? Or did you go only by the opinion of some random strangers, half of which are usually trolling anyway?

I love Rotoworld and the discussions here, but in the end I ignore 98% of the opinions, and then make my own mistakes. 

Edited by Boudewijn

2 minutes ago, Grayson2401 said:

Or you could just do your own research and use Rotoworld as a supplemental tool. Or not. 

1 minute ago, Boudewijn said:

Sorry, what do you mean "you guys"? Did anyone press the buttons and selected the players into your team?
Did you do your own analysis? Or did you go only by the opinion of some random strangers, half of which are usually trolling anyway?

I love Rotoworld and the discussions here, but in the end I ignore 98% of the opinions, and then make my own mistakes. 

I hate this community. Everybody has a stick up their a**. 

It's fun following the hype trains; I'm not blaming anyone for anything. It's called a joke. Learn to read into sarcasm on the internet, folks. 99 times out of 100 I ignore everything and anything someone says on these forums, but every year we have a player that gets hyped to heaven by Rotoworld forum enthusiasts. And it's fun to join in. And you get negative nancies like yourselves who ruin the fun. 

4 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

It's fun following the hype trains; I'm not blaming anyone for anything. It's called a joke. Learn to read into sarcasm on the internet, folks. 99 times out of 100 I ignore everything and anything someone says on these forums, but every year we have a player that gets hyped to heaven by Rotoworld forum enthusiasts. And it's fun to join in. And you get negative nancies like yourselves who ruin the fun. 

The dude who can create a UNIVERSAL SARCASM EMOJI will make BILLIONS!!  :lol:

25 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

It's the internet.  Everyone's real life misery is funneled into here because many are too afraid to say or live the life they want in real life.

You gotta get used to it.  And if you fight these jokers too hard you end up getting hacked.

Don't let the internet get to you, cause it will always destroy you if you fight back too hard lol.

23 minutes ago, Beerdown said:

I'm thinking of dropping him for Chris Ivory.  I have Fournette and am a little nervous...and I need to win this week.  (Team in sig)

If that's your team in the sig you are a bum for considering this decision.  If this was AC Forum I'd be trashing you hard, but since it's the CD thread I'm going to stop there.

If you've waited on CD at all, just keep waiting, we are almost to week 9.  

I know I shouldn't have listed to you jokers convince me to pick him up week 5, but here I am and now I'm holding until 9.

5 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

If that's your team in the sig you are a bum for considering this decision.  If this was AC Forum I'd be trashing you hard, but since it's the CD thread I'm going to stop there.

I know I shouldn't have listed to you jokers convince me to pick him up week 5, but here I am and now I'm holding until 9.

I know i shouldnt have believed in the rotoworld idiots for convincing me to roster gurley+hunt+hyde+kamara and now this corey davis guy. i hate these forums!!! :lol:

20 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

It's the internet.  Everyone's real life misery is funneled into here because many are too afraid to say or live the life they want in real life.

You gotta get used to it.  And if you fight these jokers too hard you end up getting hacked.

Don't let the internet get to you, cause it will always destroy you if you fight back too hard lol.

No worries. I used to troll video game forums professionally in my teens. Life was more fun back then when you didn't have the PC police patrolling everywhere, and people could actually take a joke.

Now if you so much as hint at the idea of a player someone owns being less than "amazing" you get an offended group of babies ready to tear your throat out. The same reason why nobody ever trades in leagues.

THANKS OBAMA

Edited by oliminator123

19 minutes ago, dashoe said:

i see 3 players i would drop on ur team to pickup ivory

I dropped Davis.  Not ready to drop Cowboys RBs yet.  I think Davis will still be there after this week.  Will drop Reed after another bad week and Tyrod after this week as well.

38 minutes ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Lol 

21 minutes ago, Beerdown said:

I dropped Davis.  Not ready to drop Cowboys RBs yet.  I think Davis will still be there after this week.  Will drop Reed after another bad week and Tyrod after this week as well.

Wow, you've got 3 WRs and 1 is injured.  You've got 8 RBs.

Your team though, do what you feel is best.

5 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

there was Greg Zuerlein hype?

Mixon is still on the rise. Carson’s downfall was an injury, not talent. 

Christine Michael though.... I’d love to hear justification for that one. 

17 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

there was Greg Zuerlein hype?

Mixon is still on the rise. Carson’s downfall was an injury, not talent. 

Christine Michael though.... I’d love to hear justification for that one. 

Christine Michael was solid for 9 games. Got me through the first half. Cut him immediately after Procise's first game. Anybody who didn't just wasn't paying attention.

He was a solid fling, not one to settle this. Hard to believe anybody thought he was more