NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Corey Davis Season Outlook 2017

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

No worries. I used to troll video game forums professionally in my teens. Life was more fun back then when you didn't have the PC police patrolling everywhere, and people could actually take a joke.

Now if you so much as hint at the idea of a player someone owns being less than "amazing" you get an offended group of babies ready to tear your throat out. The same reason why nobody ever trades in leagues.

THANKS OBAMA

Chump  Alert

I own him in all leagues and will be starting him week nine, and for the rest of the season so long as he is healthy.  He will average two TDs per week and completely shake the foundation of FF to its core.  Nothing you know will ever be the same.

9 minutes ago, oban14 said:

I own him in all leagues and will be starting him week nine, and for the rest of the season so long as he is healthy.  He will average two TDs per week and completely shake the foundation of FF to its core.  Nothing you know will ever be the same.

I cannot tell if you are serious, or trolling. I think the latter.

Mariota looked a lot better last week when he was hobbled than this week. Regardless this team really could use a difference maker on the outside since beside Delanie Walker Mariota doesn't have a go-to guy or a guy who routinely has a mismatch that can be exploited. Corey Davis from a skill set point of view appears like he can fill that role and the opportunity appears there for the taking especially with the run game and defense struggling leading Titans to lean more heavily on the pass. You couldn't tell today since he missed some easy throws but Mariota has been one of the top RZ QBs since he entered the league and Corey Davis will be one of the biggest and most athletic targets in the RZ (Decker is an inch taller but Walker and Matthews are only 6ft). 

2 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

He’s easily the most talented WR on the roster and the first two weeks were promising. Not to mention if Delanie is out for a while those are even more targets that will be distributed, not to mention plenty of redzone looks.

Didn't catch that Walker got injured. Did the ankle injury seem serious? He has the BYE to rest and we won't likely hear much about it during the BYE but if he misses time it should only help Davis to establish himself as a go-to guy and secure a fair number of targets. 

13 hours ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

After looking at how WRs are playing as of late, this guy is looking like the most attractive stash in fantasy. I do think he can churn out WR2 production when he returns. 

corey davis, corey coleman, sterling shepard, on my bench and and doctson on my radar. 

One of these guys has to break out and give consistent wr2 numbers with wr1 upside.

Right? :huh:

9 minutes ago, dashoe said:

corey davis, corey coleman, sterling shepard, on my bench and and doctson on my radar. 

One of these guys has to break out and give consistent wr2 numbers with wr1 upside.

Right? :huh:

Shepard seems like a good bet when healthy, coleman just cant tell, corey davis on a team with no offensive identity, doctson we get to find out tonight but what about kenny golladay? Is he just a 2 week rental for golden tate?

9 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Shepard seems like a good bet when healthy, coleman just cant tell, corey davis on a team with no offensive identity, doctson we get to find out tonight but what about kenny golladay? Is he just a 2 week rental for golden tate?

Rental for me I own Tate, Golladay looks like a better play in std scoring for TD potential. He is still a raw rookie learning the offense.  Corey Davis could be the guy who takes over the pas catching role becuase the other wr's on the team are not getting it done

Edited by dashoe

Gotta hold through the bye if you are in any sort of competitive league or 12 or 14 teamer.  Tempting to drop to help manage byes at other roster spots, but I'd rather drop a marginal RB5 that will never play for me or even a backup QB if my guy is through his bye already.  If you have been looking at him, then surely there must be at least one other league mate looking at him as well.  It would be hard to get him back I would imagine if you wait for next week's waivers.

Just now, CooL said:

Gotta hold through the bye if you are in any sort of competitive league or 12 or 14 teamer.  Tempting to drop to help manage byes at other roster spots, but I'd rather drop a marginal RB5 that will never play for me or even a backup QB if my guy is through his bye already.  If you have been looking at him, then surely there must be at least one other league mate looking at him as well.  It would be hard to get him back I would imagine if you wait for next week's waivers.

Better to drop a kicker if u can pick one up for the late games as needed; if u know ur going to win ur week no need to use a kicker

Even if Corey Davis is healthy enough to play, I don't think you can start him in his first game back. It was a mistake to rush him back when they did in week 1, and they paid dearly for it in weeks 2-8+. I foresee a Mike Williams situation in his first game, and possibly his second. He'll be limited to a certain number of snaps in all likelihood. He's worth stashing, but if he plays in week 9, I don't see him being worth the risk as a starter until he's seen at least 1-2 games.

8 minutes ago, default_account said:

Even if Corey Davis is healthy enough to play, I don't think you can start him in his first game back. It was a mistake to rush him back when they did in week 1, and they paid dearly for it in weeks 2-8+. I foresee a Mike Williams situation in his first game, and possibly his second. He'll be limited to a certain number of snaps in all likelihood. He's worth stashing, but if he plays in week 9, I don't see him being worth the risk as a starter until he's seen at least 1-2 games.

Depends how he does with this bye week. Will have to see how he practices the week he comes back. If it seems like he's practicing full every day, I would imagine he is going to be full go.