NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Corey Davis Season Outlook 2017

5 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Depends how he does with this bye week. Will have to see how he practices the week he comes back. If it seems like he's practicing full every day, I would imagine he is going to be full go.

Agree. If he practices in full, he'll be a full go. TItans need him a real bad way right now.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is nothing close to Mike Williams situation. The Titans have a bunch of 2nd or 3rd receivers on the team, and not a true alpha dog like Corey Davis.

The Chargers have: Keenan Allen, Hunter Henry, and Melvin Gordon as elite pass catching options. It's debatable that Keenan should be an elite WR2 on a team, but he's still a decent WR1 on the team.

Corey Davis is set up for success. The Chargers were stupid for drafting Mike Williams and neglecting the O Line or run stuffing unit.

25 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Depends how he does with this bye week. Will have to see how he practices the week he comes back. If it seems like he's practicing full every day, I would imagine he is going to be full go.

If he's not practicing in full then he isn't going to play at all. I still think his game 1 is going to be very limited irrespective of what he looks like through his bye. This isn't a situation like we see all the time where players get limited practices in and still end up playing a full game. This is a rookie 1st rounder who was already rushed back only to be reinjured. They will take their time with him.

5 minutes ago, default_account said:

If he's not practicing in full then he isn't going to play at all. I still think his game 1 is going to be very limited irrespective of what he looks like through his bye. This isn't a situation like we see all the time where players get limited practices in and still end up playing a full game. This is a rookie 1st rounder who was already rushed back only to be reinjured. They will take their time with him.

Haven't they been "taking their time with him" for weeks now?

Just now, JohnD said:

Haven't they been "taking their time with him" for weeks now?

Yea, right?  

If he plays in week 9, it will be 7 weeks, which is near the maximum amount of time for any grade 2 hamstring strain.  

If it was a grade 3, they would have already shut him down for the season and put him on IR.  

2 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they bring him along slowly though.

Having him slowly build up game snaps would probably be the best thing for him splitting time at WR3.

Might be wary of putting him in your lineup the first week he's active.

They don't have time to bring him along slowly. They are in the thick of it for the playoff race and division. If he's healthy, he is going to play. And he's going to play a ton of snaps.

Book it.

3 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

They don't have time to bring him along slowly. They are in the thick of it for the playoff race and division. If he's healthy, he is going to play. And he's going to play a ton of snaps.

Book it.

Keep in mind everyone else is in midseason form and shape.

He's basically starting at week one again.  Who knows what his conditioning is at this point given that he's probably need to rest his hammy for alot of those weeks.

Titans WR Corey Davis (hamstring) is expected to resume practicing next Monday.

Davis hasn't played since Week 2, but ESPN's Cameron Wolfe believes he has a good shot at returning for Week 9 against the Ravens. The Titans haven't been getting much behind Rishard Matthews at receiver. Davis would provide some badly needed play-making ability.

Ohhhhh snap

1 minute ago, JohnD said:

Titans WR Corey Davis (hamstring) is expected to resume practicing next Monday.

Davis hasn't played since Week 2, but ESPN's Cameron Wolfe believes he has a good shot at returning for Week 9 against the Ravens. The Titans haven't been getting much behind Rishard Matthews at receiver. Davis would provide some badly needed play-making ability.

Ohhhhh snap

Yah, the window to get him for free is over for anyone in 12 team leagues.  You will need to be burning claims this week.  

8 minutes ago, dundeeslugger said:

Doubt he has that much value this year. Probably put up #3-#4 WR type numbers when he actually does see the field. 

You can doubt all you want.  We will have to wait and see.  I'd rather have him on my bench than on someone else's roster and he blows up against me.   

3 minutes ago, RustyMiller said:

If he gets the snaps by the end of the year he could put wr2 numbers.  not saying much since wr is such a wasteland this year.

WR is more of a random position this season, the way NFL QB's spread the ball around any wr can have a great week. No WR from the waiver has even been stud-lite this year

Edited by dashoe

19 minutes ago, dundeeslugger said:

Doubt he has that much value this year. Probably put up #3-#4 WR type numbers when he actually does see the field. 

I very highly doubt this, assuming he returns to full health. He has a very clear path to consistent WR2 numbers and a realistic shot at putting up WR1 numbers if he's force fed targets. 

15 minutes ago, furbz420 said:

I very highly doubt this, assuming he returns to full health. He has a very clear path to consistent WR2 numbers and a realistic shot at putting up WR1 numbers if he's force fed targets. 

He excels at YAC as well.  Those types of receivers tend to get the ball more and have a higher floor than deep threat receivers.

http://www.espn.com/blog/tennessee-titans/post/_/id/23885/titans-get-medley-of-positive-injury-news-including-corey-davis-heading-into-bye

I'm sure this has been shared but sharing anyway. CD is available in both my leagues. I get the #1 waiver for week 9, and he's the upside player I've been waiting to use it on. This (below in red) in particular stands out to me most.  Means, leaguemates will not be hearing about him until next Monday. Good. Fly under the radar CD.

Mularkey gave the Titans off this entire week as an incentive for reaching an undisclosed goal. They'll return to practice next Monday. Injured players must remain in Nashville to get treatment this week.

38 minutes ago, dashoe said:

WR is more of a random position this season, the way NFL QB's spread the ball around any wr can have a great week. No WR from the waiver has even been stud-lite this year

Will Fuller? Obviously the ridiculous TD rate will not hold but hes a WW add i consider to be stud-lite.

With so many QBs going down I am happy to have a share of CD. I think he is at least flex low end WR2 worthy off the bat. Who is another WR out there that has the upside?

49 minutes ago, dashoe said:

9 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Will Fuller?

Valid point, but really ya'll are both right.