NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Corey Davis Season Outlook 2017

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Will Fuller?

He wasnt on my waiver.  I also wouldnt count on his td production as sustainable as they have played some weak defenses  using low percentage go routes and jump balls. You can put him in the Ted Ginn category of production or anyone of the ardinal wr's after lfitz

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, dashoe said:

He wasnt on my waiver.  I also wouldnt count on his td production as sustainable as they have played some weak defenses  using low percentage go routes and jump balls. You can put him in the Ted Ginn category of production or anyone of the ardinal wr's after lfitz

Kinda harsh on him for only 3 games back from injury.

If he settles into 6-7 quality targets a game he could be stud-lite but i get your point and what you are saying.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

When you consider Fitz just lost Palmer and Jordy just lost Rodgers, Indy o-line is struggling so Hilton has been castrated, Den struggling with its passing game so DT is hit and miss, Saints have started running the ball a bit more along with the Lions, OBJ gone, Diggs injured, ATL struggling... it's kind of a wasteland and I think the sky is the limit for this guy.  Probably not AB or AJG kind of sky but if he isn't at least wr2 worthy....  I have to imagine it would come from him getting dinged again.

Honest question here. Why is CD only owned in 25% of Yahoo leagues? Is it out of sight, out of mind, combined with his injury and the upcoming bye week?  Maybe I answered my own question, but either we are way over-valuing him in this thread, or he is way under-owned. My gut tells me the latter is true, a la OBJ.

Edited by Mikeyvegas

4 minutes ago, Mikeyvegas said:

Honest question here. Why is CD only owned in 25% of Yahoo leagues? Is it out of sight, out of mind, combined with his injury and the upcoming bye week?  Maybe I answered my own question, but either we are way over-valuing him in this thread, or he is way under-owned. My gut tells me the latter is true, a la OBJ.

RotoWorld forums overvaluing a player?

Well I never...

3 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

RotoWorld forums overvaluing a player?

Well I never...

Don't think it's an overvaluation at this point. The BYE will get Mariota, Murray, and Davis in better health.

Receivers are a disaster right now. The Titans offense is a top-half offense in the league. This guy will get his share of opportunities. They need him. He's as good as a stash as any. 

16 minutes ago, Mikeyvegas said:

more than likely yahoo leagues are mostly inactive

34 minutes ago, Mikeyvegas said:

Small benches .. hasn’t played since week 1.. other decent options are available that get points , 

39 minutes ago, Mikeyvegas said:

He's owned in 23.2% of ESPN standard leagues. I think it's mostly injury.

He was drafted 12th round by one of the better players in my league, but cut a month ago as his injury kept lingering. It was also do to a taco dropping TY Hilton and that player being the first to get him (dropping Davis in the process). 

After that he was mostly forgotten in my league until I snapped him up last week, thinking he was getting close to recovery. But for me it was partly that I was (am) not happy with my WR situation, so I was specifically looking for someone at the time.

1 hour ago, Mikeyvegas said:

Honestly he has potential, but not hold for 8 weeks potential. He will most likely not be a big asset until next year, but has upside this year given his situation. 

33 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Sorry if AC but what are his FAAB bids? I'm sitting on $94 left out of $100 season FAAB budget. If there's a thread on it, please share...thanks!

If he's on waivers at this point, given his up coming bye week, you probably don't have to pay that much for him. Out side of these forums, he isn't that talked about from what I've seen.  I would say somewhere from 10-20 depending on how much some of the past bids have been in your league. 

7 minutes ago, Halberdier said:

If he's on waivers at this point, given his up coming bye week, you probably don't have to pay that much for him. Out side of these forums, he isn't that talked about from what I've seen.  I would say somewhere from 10-20 depending on how much some of the past bids have been in your league. 

He is on waivers. I'm in a pretty competitive league. I want to maybe wait and not burn any money on him and then add as a FA, but that seems risky to me. I could miss out on him. But then I don't want to overpay. The struggle is real.

Davis was running routes on his own yesterday and is tentatively scheduled to resume practice on Monday!

If you google Corey Davis and click news and restrict to the last 24 hours there is some fantasy chatter about him being a good pickup this week.  Lots of byes this week though so maybe people won't have the luxury to add him.  I'd put a bid in for the guy personally.

1 minute ago, Most Guruist said:

Davis was running routes on his own yesterday and is tentatively scheduled to resume practice on Monday!

If you google Corey Davis and click news and restrict to the last 24 hours there is some fantasy chatter about him being a good pickup this week.  Lots of byes this week though so maybe people won't have the luxury to add him.  I'd put a bid in for the guy personally.

Was annoyed to see he was first mention on fantasy pros week 8 waiver pickups

1 hour ago, jtbgator said:

Sorry if AC but what are his FAAB bids? I'm sitting on $94 left out of $100 season FAAB budget. If there's a thread on it, please share...thanks!

If youre at $94 this late in the season, you might as well spend $30 on him.

1 minute ago, Most Guruist said:

Thanks for sharing that link. I don't want to miss out on him, so I put in a $16 bid. Not overly aggressive, but enough I think since like you said, lots of teams on bye this week and TEN is one of them. If I overpay, so be it. I know it's all league situational, but what you are bidding? Sorry if AC (not sure if FAAB $ bids are).

Just now, jtbgator said:

Thanks for sharing that link. I don't want to miss out on him, so I put in a $16 bid. Not overly aggressive, but enough I think since like you said, lots of teams on bye this week and TEN is one of them. If I overpay, so be it. I know it's all league situational, but what you are bidding? Sorry if AC (not sure if FAAB $ bids are).

I've been holding since week 2 so no bids for me.  Never played in a FAAB either although I like the idea.