NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Corey Davis Season Outlook 2017

Corey’s next four weeks concern you?

8- bye

9- balt

10- cinci

11- @ Pitt 

assuming he stays healthy, those are not easy games for wide receivers. If you are like me fighting to make it into the playoffs, weeks 14-16 don’t mean much to me now.....weeks 8-13 mean it all. 

One step at a time.....first, to get into the dance. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

8- bye

9- balt

10- cinci

11- @ Pitt 

assuming he stays healthy, those are not easy games for wide receivers. If you are like me fighting to make it into the playoffs, weeks 14-16 don’t mean much to me now.....weeks 8-13 mean it all. 

Good matchup vs the Ravens, not scared of Cinci at all, tough @ Pittsburgh. 

13 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

8- bye

9- balt

10- cinci

11- @ Pitt 

Corey's talent comes around only once every 10 years, he's a must start every week

14 minutes ago, gus030 said:

Corey's talent comes around only once every 10 years, he's a must start every week

I don’t follow college but you are saying he is a generational talent like Calvin Johnson/Julio Jones and not just a strong wr1? That’s a very strong endorsement.

6 minutes ago, ellie826 said:

I don’t follow college but you are saying he is a generational talent like Calvin Johnson/Julio Jones and not just a strong wr1? That’s a very strong endorsement.

Yes the only thing  can hold hold him back is Mariotas limits as a thrower 

the only reason why he wasn't more hyped is because he played for not a high profile school

1 minute ago, gus030 said:

Yes the only thing  can hold hold him back is Mariotas limits as a thrower 

the only reason why he wasn't more hyped is because he played for not a high profile school

I’ve been holding since my waiver is bare and knew he was supposed to be good but  didn’t know he was considered a generational talent. Makes me feel better even with the rough schedule 

6 hours ago, Mikeyvegas said:

Honest question here. Why is CD only owned in 25% of Yahoo leagues? Is it out of sight, out of mind, combined with his injury and the upcoming bye week?  Maybe I answered my own question, but either we are way over-valuing him in this thread, or he is way under-owned. My gut tells me the latter is true, a la OBJ.

Here's the problem with ownership percentages for guys like Davis: only the good players drafted this guy at the beginning of the season.  Good players have good rosters, which makes it harder and harder to hold onto guys like Davis.

For instance, I nabbed Davis in my main league, a 14-teamer.  Here's my current roster (I had to drop Davis last week for a kicker): Brees, Dez, Demaryius, Landry, Watkins, Fuller, Martin, McKinnon, Mixon, Cohen, David Johnson, Henry, Gronk, K, DST.  Most rosters in 14-team leagues have a bunch of bums like Brandon Lafell, Zay Jones, Marquise Goodwin, etc. on them who are all obvious drops for Davis.  But it gets more dicey when you have to choose between guys who are healthy and have some weekly upside (Cohen, Watkins) and could thus because good trade chips or a rookie who hasn't played in a month and has a bye coming up, etc.  

This isn't a post meant to be about my specific roster so the specifics of the players I own is not relevant, it's only an example.  But when we think about ownership percentages, it's important to keep in mind that us Rotoworld dorks are the exception, not the rule, in fantasy leagues.

6 minutes ago, ellie826 said:

I’ve been holding since my waiver is bare and knew he was supposed to be good but  didn’t know he was considered a generational talent. Makes me feel better even with the rough schedule 

Lol well it's just my opinion...

but think about it usually every couple years a super good generational WR comes along that's drafted in fantasy leagues round 1 or 2 for the next 5-6 years or longer.  In the last 2 drafts there really hasn't been one of these guys, fuller, Corey Coleman, juju stand out the most so far.  I'm betting that Corey Davis will be that guy.

4 minutes ago, gus030 said:

but think about it usually every couple years a super good generational WR comes along that's drafted in fantasy leagues round 1 or 2 for the next 5-6 years or longer.  In the last 2 drafts there really hasn't been one of these guys, fuller, Corey Coleman, juju stand out the most so far.  I'm betting that Corey Davis will be that guy.

Last year had Michael Thomas and Tyreek Evans. They're pretty good.

4 minutes ago, gus030 said:

Sound reasoning right there.

Generational WRs every couple of years. Hahahaha.

5 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Tyreek Hill.

The year before that had Amari Cooper, Stefon diggs, devin funchess, tyler lockett, ty montgomery, jamison crowder.

No generational wrs there according to gus.

Im talking about guys like AJG Antonio Brown Julio Jones Odel Beckham

Jury still out on Diggs, cooper in that class ? Nah

tyreke hill not on that level

michael Thomas - mainly because his qb is Brees

1 minute ago, gus030 said:

Get back to me when corey posts back to back 1,000 yard seasons to start his career. Not looking good for him so far, have to sniff the field to be a generational talent.

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Get back to me when corey posts back to back 1,000 yard seasons to start his career. Not looking good for him so far, have to sniff the field to be a generational talent.

According to you Derrick Henry is a generational talent, so don't really take what you say seriously

15 minutes ago, gus030 said:

I don't think he'll get there.  He could get to Mike Evans, Keenan Allen, Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas level.

Edited by RustyMiller

25 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Can you find where i said that? I bet you cant.

Rather not scroll through 108 pages so not taking a bet on that

but let me get this straight, Amari Cooper, is a generational talent.  And Derrick Henry is better then DeMarco Murray, a guy who has been to 3 pro bowls and put up a 2200 yard season....but you never said Derrick Henry was a generational talent...makes sense got it

2 hours ago, furbz420 said:

Good matchup vs the Ravens, not scared of Cinci at all, tough @ Pittsburgh. 

Cincy has had the 2nd ranked secondary in the league since 2012. Pretty sure they have 4 first round corners back there. Yes Im a bengals fan. Wide receivers do not have their best games against cincy

Edited by Chippa

18 minutes ago, Chippa said:

Cincy has had the 2nd ranked secondary in the league since 2012. Pretty sure they have 4 first round corners back there. Yes Im a bengals fan. Wide receivers do not have their best games against cincy

Stop making sense.

They're  is going to be a lot of sad souls in this thread.

Edited by CABLE87

55 minutes ago, gus030 said:

Rather not scroll through 108 pages so not taking a bet on that

but let me get this straight, Amari Cooper, is a generational talent.  And Derrick Henry is better then DeMarco Murray, a guy who has been to 3 pro bowls and put up a 2200 yard season....but you never said Derrick Henry was a generational talent...makes sense got it

You continuously act like i say things that i dont.

I never said a amari was a generational talent, never said it about Henry either.

I did say Henry is better than Murray at this point in their careers and i still believe that.

Methinks you dont know what generational means.

generation

[jen-uh-rey-shuh n]

noun

the entire body of individuals born and living at about the same time.

the term of years, roughly 30 among human beings, accepted as the average period between the birth of parents and the birth of their offspring.

You named several "generational talents" AB, AJG, JJ. In football terms you could judge the term "generational" as approximately 10 years since thats close to average for an nfl career lifespan. So, bu deductive reasoning we have a once in 10 year talent in corey davis? I can name several receivers who will be better than corey davis for the next 10 years so a generational talent could be a stretch. 

Terrell Owens is a generational talent

Julio Jones is a generational talent.

Ya know, 1st ballot HOF type of guys.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats