NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Corey Davis Season Outlook 2017

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own this guy in the only league I play in but reading these comments, jeez. You all are setting yourself up for disappointment. Mariota stinks so far this year and Corey hasn't played a snap in a long time and he is a rookie. Can't we all just be exciting that he's back and not act like he is going to be the savior of our wr troubles?? Realistically if he averages 10 points per in ppr leagues and stays healthy when he's back that is a win to me.

8 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I own this guy in the only league I play in but reading these comments, jeez. You all are setting yourself up for disappointment. Mariota stinks so far this year and Corey hasn't played a snap in a long time and he is a rookie. Can't we all just be exciting that he's back and not act like he is going to be the savior of our wr troubles?? Realistically if he averages 10 points per in ppr leagues and stays healthy when he's back that is a win to me.

8 weeks into the season no one is looking for a 10pt guy off the waiver, people are looking for saviors and league winners.

On any given week u can pull a wr3/4 off the waiver and get 10pts  

Corey doesnt deliver he gets dropped to the waiver and the bench keeps churning  :lol:

10 minutes ago, chud12 said:

10 pts in ppr wouldn’t make me happy.   Heck, I want at least 10 in standard. 

11 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

10 pts in ppr wouldn’t make me happy.   Heck, I want at least 10 in standard. 

Just pointing out the obvious but he’s not exactly walking into a great situation. Mariota has regressed this year (no td passes in red zone) and this is a run heavy team. 

Everyone keeps beating the "run heavy team" horse and I agree for the most part, but I feel like its wayyyy overblown.

1. Mariota has been injured = more running

2. Defense is trash. They will have to throw to stay in games

Anyone know where to find stats on TEN pass attempts compared to the rest?

Davis was a top 5 pick and looks like he has the tools to be a stud and if mariota can get healthy I think this offense will look way different than it has the first half.

6 minutes ago, FantasyGOAT said:

Everyone keeps beating the "run heavy team" horse and I agree for the most part, but I feel like its wayyyy overblown.

1. Mariota has been injured = more running

2. Defense is trash. They will have to throw to stay in games

Anyone know where to find stats on TEN pass attempts compared to the rest?

29th in the league in pass attempts.  Yikes. 

Thank you @dashoe. So they are def not throwing it the most, but they are 6 attempts away per game from the top 5. They were in the top half last week for attempts, so I think that will be a rising figure with the health of mariota and davis on the rise and having to stay in games. It will be a good mix of running and passing which will keep defenses honest.

Edited by FantasyGOAT

I think the TEN defense isn't helping (mediocre) and TEN will have to throw. Walker can't do it all, Matthews isn't doing amazing things. Davis could be a solid matchup based start ROS.

CIN, IND, HOU are right down there with TEN in pass attempts. Better sell AJ Green, TY Hilton, and DeAndre Hopkins.

;)

7 minutes ago, chud12 said:

29th in the league in pass attempts.  Yikes. 

and that's outta 31 teams, in actuality, because da Bears are running a "passing" game akin to what i used to do while playing electric foosball - with $$$ Money Mitch $$$ in the role of that freakishly big dude who also doubled as kicker. 

1 hour ago, chud12 said:

C'mon now.  When it turns out to be a rainy day after the weather man predicted sun does he get disappointed?  Naw, it's just a point for introspection to see why the forecast was incorrect.  Learn and become better.  End of the day though I think the hype is justified.  The coaches love him and his skill level and the role he plays in the offense really lend to him being active in this offense weekly.  He is (probably) going to have a decent enough floor and big, target monster td scoring, upside.  Sign me up!

3 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I think the TEN defense isn't helping (mediocre) and TEN will have to throw. Walker can't do it all, Matthews isn't doing amazing things. Davis could be a solid matchup based start ROS.

CIN, IND, HOU are right down there with TEN in pass attempts. Better sell AJ Green, TY Hilton, and DeAndre Hopkins.

;)

Wha?  :mellow:

I just want to say this.....I’ve held Corey for 7 weeks now, and I want him to go off more than anyone, or at least as much.  However, I think the hype here is much bigger than the results we are probably going to get from him. I hope you are right and I am wrong but I’ve read this kind of frenzied hype over and over on this forum and it does work you up to believe, but most of the time.......it falls short of that want. 

Maybe we should all just take a deep breath and hope Corey plays like Funchess or Marvin Jones and be happy if the rookie stays healthy the rest of the year. 

19 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

I just want to say this.....I’ve held Corey for 7 weeks now, and I want him to go off more than anyone, or at least as much.  However, I think the hype here is much bigger than the results we are probably going to get from him. I hope you are right and I am wrong but I’ve read this kind of frenzied hype over and over on this forum and it does work you up to believe, but most of the time.......it falls short of that want. 

Maybe we should all just take a deep breath and hope Corey plays like Funchess or Marvin Jones and be happy if the rookie stays healthy the rest of the year. 

What???

CD is a lock for 27 tds ROS

Lock.

4 hours ago, chud12 said:

Just pointing out the obvious but he’s not exactly walking into a great situation. Mariota has regressed this year (no td passes in red zone) and this is a run heavy team. 

That's a good reason to have faith in davis. He has good size, is good with 50/50 balls while high pointing the ball on contested throws.  What other titans wr has stood out so far?

5 hours ago, dashoe said:

8 weeks into the season no one is looking for a 10pt guy off the waiver, people are looking for saviors and league winners.

On any given week u can pull a wr3/4 off the waiver and get 10pts  

In 12-team with decent benches, I'd suggest many owners are looking for a ten-point guy, and they're not always on the WW, and if they are there's no guarantee the guy ahead of you won't snag that player you want. Many owners are ready to drop Watkins, Bryant, Crowder, Sheppard, Pryor, all looking for double digit production 

10 minutes ago, cohenstantinople said:

In 12-team with decent benches, I'd suggest many owners are looking for a ten-point guy, and they're not always on the WW, and if they are there's no guarantee the guy ahead of you won't snag that player you want. Many owners are ready to drop Watkins, Bryant, Crowder, Sheppard, Pryor, all looking for double digit production 

I'm in 12 team ppr, i have enough 10pt wr's  funchess-tate-garcon. 10pts doesnt it cut it in my league because some teams are built as high vol boom or bust point producers we are all looking for and trading for that +15pt guy that makes the difference. 10pts i can get off the waiver weekly with a simple matchup play but that 15-20pt guy is the motherlode. Corey davis- corey coleman-shepard on deck  and maybe doctoson/deonte/dede will be added this week

So the bench gets churned looking for that player on the waiver

Edited by dashoe