NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Corey Davis Season Outlook 2017

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, oban14 said:

Hard for me NOT to start.  Been waiting all year.  Mariota is getting healthy.  Davis has to be healthy by now.  He's going to Moss everybody and bring FF championships to all who were willing to follow his word.

Lmao 

I wish u luck then.   

5 minutes ago, dashoe said:

if the threads didnt hype a player then people wouldnt know about them

But most of the time it’s twitterpated fan boys who think number of weeks on their bench equates to better odds of success lol. 

Starting a rookie who’s been injured all season on a bad offense is the definition of a dart throw.    

good luck!   

Edited by Impreza178

Just now, Impreza178 said:

But most of the time it’s twitterpated fan boys who think number of weeks on their bench equates to better odds of success lol. 

Starting a rookie who’s been injured all season on a bad offense is the definition of a dart throw.    

good luck!   

what makes Davis owners feel good is that he lead the team in targets week 1, and had 3 targets in week 2 before getting injured in the first quarter. Titans coaching staff knows he's their best receiver 

2 minutes ago, Chippa said:

what makes Davis owners feel good is that he lead the team in targets week 1, and had 3 targets in week 2 before getting injured in the first quarter. Titans coaching staff knows he's their best receiver 

Reslistically-  4 for 70 would be a major win here.   With no injury setback and say...7 targets on 38 snaps.   

I maintain any of the guys I listed above would be a better start this week.   

29 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Reslistically-  4 for 70 would be a major win here.   With no injury setback and say...7 targets on 38 snaps.   

I maintain any of the guys I listed above would be a better start this week.   

Better starts this week because it's his first week back against a tough defense, I can see that argument, but none of those guys have the upside Davis does. 

Edited by furbz420

.@TheCDavis84 practiced for @Titans today

Mularkey said @TheCDavis84 is anxious to return for @Titans. Said he’s worked hard, and his presence will be big for team

Mularkey says Davis’ return could open things more for Walker

9 minutes ago, LSUtiger said:

If he's active this week I'm starting him over Jordy Nelson.  I'd rather roll the dice on Davis than get another 2 for 15 yard day from Nelson courtesy of Brett Hundley.

Same here man. Think I have to plug in Davis or Jordy. Gotta play for upside.

3 minutes ago, JediMasters said:
.@TheCDavis84 practiced for @Titans today

Mularkey said @TheCDavis84 is anxious to return for @Titans. Said he’s worked hard, and his presence will be big for team

Mularkey says Davis’ return could open things more for Walker

Just what I needed to hear!

9 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Great news...if youre a walker owner. Davis is a decoy so they can feed walker

Nailed it, they are bringing back their first round pick who they have kept out since week 3 so he can be a decoy for their recently injured TE. 

1 minute ago, furbz420 said:

Nailed it, they are bringing back their first round pick who they have kept out since week 3 so he can be a decoy for their recently injured TE. 

Where would this place be without my hard-hitting analysis

Just now, furbz420 said:

that reminds me of when Jay Gruden used AJ Green as a decoy in the 2011 wild card game, so he could get his pro bowl tight end more targets. That worked well for them.

20 minutes ago, whatisfootball said:

I don't like that he's still not getting in a full practice but hopefully that changes by Friday.

After 7 full weeks of doing nothing, and he still is not healed.  Man, this guy is a china doll. I think we are always going to have to worry about him staying on the field. This guy may be too high maintenance.  Dede is looking better and better every day.  Now if I could only get me some Juju to replace China Doll here. 

8 minutes ago, devaster said:

I'm more concerned with Mariota and his passing chops, not so much with Davis. But I can afford to "wait and see" as he was my 1st round dynasty pick.

with Walker and Davis back, Mariota will be back to his 2016 self. Without Walker and Davis, he's working with garbage, other than his running backs

5 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

After 7 full weeks of doing nothing, and he still is not healed.  Man, this guy is a china doll. I think we are always going to have to worry about him staying on the field. This guy may be too high maintenance.  Dede is looking better and better every day.  Now if I could only get me some Juju to replace China Doll here. 

You don't know that he isn't fully healed. 

Dede doesn't even come close to comparing to the opportunity Davis has. The Jags have a dominant defense, very strong run game, and,  if they could, they would throw the ball 0 times the entire game.

The Titans defense sucks, their running game has been putrid, they are desperate for a play-making wide receiver. Davis immediately slides into a 9+ target role. Dede will probably be fighting for 5-7 targets a game. 

10 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Do you have a link for the practice report?

ESPN is reporting he returned to practice as a limited participant.

That said, I wouldn't say this means he's not fully healed. It's his first practice back after an injury, and it's on the Monday before a Sunday game. With a week to go, I could absolutely see them easing him back into practice even if he's ready to go. 

I wouldn't think anything of it until we see practice reports from later in the week.