NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Corey Davis Season Outlook 2017

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, ShowStopper said:

lol I see a lot of haters/impatient owners hitting the vent and rant thread soon. 

If you expect WR1 numbers week in week out, then sure, run to the vent and rant thread. If you've been lacking a solid WR2, that's a reasonable expectation. If you need him as a weekly flex play, I can guarantee Corey is not gonna disappoint. Mark my words!

1 hour ago, frog34 said:

If you expect WR1 numbers week in week out, then sure, run to the vent and rant thread. If you've been lacking a solid WR2, that's a reasonable expectation. If you need him as a weekly flex play, I can guarantee Corey is not gonna disappoint. Mark my words!

My entire wr group is wr2/flex guys. .  I just want 1 stud. . just 1 :D

3 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

To be fair to him, the logic isn't that sound either. 44 points is more or less average in the NFL, so that's saying nothing, and half of that is not 21. 3 TD is possible, but on average in the NFL it will be 2 offensive TDs and the rest of the points are defensive or field goals.

Davis could get a TD, but as 70% of their red zone TDs are from rushing (including 2 from Mariota himself), that isn't very likely either.

Did I miss anything? 

Also, his 44 number is wrong. The line has been 40.5-41 all week.

25 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

I think he is there number two behind Matthews.

Honestly he's their X receiver so he's a #1B at worst, but obviously they intend for him to be their true #1 - the only reason he isn't so far is the snaps but I suspect he'll be closer to an every-down player this week. Decker has been shifted to the slot now, essentially reducing him to 3WR and goal-line sets. 

Edited by DekuTree

4 minutes ago, DezBryant88 said:

Good luck today boys, gonna ride the Diggs train one last time before Davis gets the nod.

I expect a similar stat line to week 1 for Davis today. Break out next week.

I wouldnt expect much from Diggs or Davis this week vs the matchups so don't put too much emphasis on their results this week

5 hours ago, DezBryant88 said:

Good luck today boys, gonna ride the Diggs train one last time before Davis gets the nod.

I expect a similar stat line to week 1 for Davis today. Break out next week.

You should be riding the Diggs train ROS if ur smart.    If he’s healthy he’s a must start 

davis is not in that league...he’s just an interesting flex who’s getting targets-  but u gotta do something with those targets first.  

Edited by Impreza178

2 hours ago, Bingo Bandanas said:

Hopefully bigger and better things next week. Have had him stashed on my bench, next week might be the time to deploy.

I wisely put him on my bench these past two weeks and he has one more bench this coming week in Pitt. And then I unleash him against a much more favorable schedule....I hope.