NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Corey Davis Season Outlook 2017

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe I’m crazy but I don’t get what’s so funny about the fumble. The dude was trying to make a play and reach for the goal line while leaping out of bounds like we see many players do. Only difference is that the ball slipped out of his hand. 

He was getting hit by 2 people as well so it’s not even like it was some 80 yard breakaway where he was showing off either. Was it unfortunate and did we lose potential fantasy points from it? Absolutely. But was it some butt-fumble-esque mega blooper fail like most people seem to think? Not even close.

3 minutes ago, 1st DownSyndrome said:

Maybe I’m crazy but I don’t get what’s so funny about the fumble. The dude was trying to make a play and reach for the goal line while leaping out of bounds like we see many players do. Only difference is that the ball slipped out of his hand. 

He was getting hit by 2 people as well so it’s not even like it was some 80 yard breakaway where he was showing off either. Was it unfortunate and did we lose potential fantasy points from it? Absolutely. But was it some butt-fumble-esque mega blooper fail like most people seem to think? Not even close.

You're completely right, it was a young playmaker trying to make a play. It ended up looking very foolish, but it was not dumb to try and extend for the goal line. He's young, he will learn that defenders are constantly looking to knock the ball out of your hands in the NFL, unlike college.

Personally, I love to see those type of effort plays. Dude is a gamer and kicks it into an extra gear in the redzone. He hungy, and he gon eat. 

4 minutes ago, 1st DownSyndrome said:

I think you are misinterpreting the playful banter going on here. Nobody first off was putting Corey down for the effort. It just happened to look funny to some because it did look like a basketball move. ( Maybe you have to be a basketball player to really enjoy that picture.) 

Too bad the ball squirted out of his hand because had he retained possession and crossed the goal line, it would have been a remarkable TD for all to behold. Instead.....we get to behold.......the fumble that could have cost them the game. 

15 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

Thats what I thought.  It seems weird to me as to why they would lose possession. Why not let them keep the ball at the touchback?  They never lost possession. 

15 hours ago, billydough said:

It’s another one of the effed up rules in the NFL. 

The rule is the same in college, so he should know better. 

Not sure why everyone hates the Pitt matchup. Pittsburgh gave up the following yesterday, and also lost some good depth:

6-104-1 to Chester Rogers?

1-60-1 to Donte Moncrief?

This is the colts we're talking about. Hilton was injured/ineffective as well. Brissett left the game too for sometime.

By the way- Mariota has a penchant for big plays. I think Davis is still a good WR3/flex start this week.

The only concern is Pittsburgh pass rush, but the Titans line isn't that bad.

Okay here is the play.

https://youtu.be/bQxy5oIwmro

You know what I thought to myself after seeing that play?  I don't care about the fumble.  That was a rookie mistake and I guarantee next time he will lower that shoulder and plow his way in and succeed.  What I thought to myself was DAYAM!  That's a 6'2 205 lb WR with some serious explosion after the catch.  Corey Davis is going to eat.  Again, rookie mistake and he will make them.  But they are putting him in position to make plays.  Not worried at all.

Edited by JediMasters

9 minutes ago, JediMasters said:

Okay here is the play.

https://youtu.be/bQxy5oIwmro

You know what I thought to myself after seeing that play?  I don't care about the fumble.  That was a rookie mistake and I guarantee next time he will lower that shoulder and plow his way in and succeed.  What I thought to myself was DAYAM!  That's a 6'2 205 lb WR with some serious explosion after the catch.  Corey Davis is going to eat.  Again, rookie mistake and he will make them.  But they are putting him in position to make plays.  Not worried at all.

Main thing I took away from this is he shouldve had 2 hands on the ball.

2 minutes ago, Mikeyvegas said:

As vanilla as a defense can get.

Exactly.  Did you all see Brissett carve them up last week?  And they don't have the running game Titans have.  Play action, and if Corey gets a safety match up so long sucker.

Edited by JediMasters

7 minutes ago, JediMasters said:

Exactly.  Did you all see Brissett carve them up last week?  And they don't have the running game Titans have.  Play action, and if Corey gets a safety match up so long sucker.

I listened to maybe a qtr of the IND/PIT game on the radio. As a Pats fan, we see PIT fairly often, and they are fairly predictable. One of their best tackers is Mike Tomlin. (Okay, that was a cheap shot haha)

I'm a Steelers fan and if I didn't have 2 WR spots and Thielen, AJG, Evans, I'd probably start him. Haden is a big loss, but the Steelers live and die by the zone. If the offensive line can handle the pass rush, which is a bit overrated from what I've seen (couldn't touch Stafford and the Lions OL was decimated), Mariota will have chances to make plays, like Stafford and Brissett.

The film does not lie.  Corey Davis should have had 130+ yards and 3 TDs.  Mariota missed him on two would have been TDs.

https://streamable.com/qef5h

On this play the defense went off sides so the Titans had a free play.  If Mariota placed a better ball Davis would have scored or at least gotten 30 yards.

https://streamable.com/zmj3o

This was a sure TD.  Davis beat his defender and he was WIDE OPEN.  Mariota chucked it too far.  There was a holding penalty on the DB when Davis crossed his route but not enough to hold him back.  Davis is too strong.  That would have been an easy 63 yard TD.

Seriously ya'll.  All the attention going to that fumble at the goal line.  Corey was schooling in this game.  The Bungles D is supposed to be good too.  Once Mariota and Davis get their timing down and perhaps it's this Thursday he's going to eat.  I can understand why there is some disconnect as Davis has been out and he just returned.

Edited by JediMasters