NBC Sports Edge Forums

Corey Davis Season Outlook 2017

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, JediMasters said:

The film does not lie.  Corey Davis should have had 130+ yards and 3 TDs.  Mariota missed him on two would have been TDs.

https://streamable.com/qef5h

On this play the defense went off sides so the Titans had a free play.  If Mariota placed a better ball Davis would have scored or at least gotten 30 yards.

https://streamable.com/zmj3o

This was a sure TD.  Davis beat his defender and he was WIDE OPEN.  Mariota chucked it too far.  There was a holding penalty on the DB when Davis crossed his route but not enough to hold him back.  Davis is too strong.  That would have been an easy 63 yard TD.

Seriously ya'll.  All the attention going to that fumble at the goal line.  Corey was schooling in this game.  The Bungles D is supposed to be good too.  Once Mariota and Davis get their timing down and perhaps it's this Thursday he's going to eat.  I can understand why there is some disconnect as Davis has been out and he just returned.

Thanks. Now the only reason I don't trust Davis is because Mariota is garbage. 

I don't see how it's a timing thing rather Mariota just can't throw the ball for trash. Both throws were way off, especially the one out of bounds when he barely had any pressure on him. I hate when QB play limits good receivers. So incredibly frustrating. I went into this thinking "Well if Eli can get Beckham the ball, why can't Mariota get Davis the ball?". And well now I'm worried that Mariota isn't even as good as Eli, of all people.

10 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I don't see how it's a timing thing rather Mariota just can't throw the ball for trash. Both throws were way off, especially the one out of bounds when he barely had any pressure on him. I hate when QB play limits good receivers. So incredibly frustrating. I went into this thinking "Well if Eli can get Beckham the ball, why can't Mariota get Davis the ball?". And well now I'm worried that Mariota isn't even as good as Eli, of all people.

Mariota not as good as a 1st ballot HOF QB?

Im shocked i tell ya, shocked!

8 minutes ago, bemsha said:

Cost me my week, flexed him over Kenyan Drake.  Benched until I see improvement.  At this point I don't care if he breaks out on my bench.  If he does, he'll go into my lineup the following week. 

This is called chasing points. This is also how you lose.

41 minutes ago, JediMasters said:

This was a sure TD.  Davis beat his defender and he was WIDE OPEN.  Mariota chucked it too far.  There was a holding penalty on the DB when Davis crossed his route but not enough to hold him back.  Davis is too strong.  That would have been an easy 63 yard TD.

Dang he was wide open. He breaks out this week. Book it.

41 minutes ago, JediMasters said:

Dang he was wide open. He breaks out this week. Book it.

31 minutes ago, JediMasters said:

The film does not lie.  Corey Davis should have had 130+ yards and 3 TDs.  Mariota missed him on two would have been TDs.

https://streamable.com/qef5h

On this play the defense went off sides so the Titans had a free play.  If Mariota placed a better ball Davis would have scored or at least gotten 30 yards.

Seriously ya'll.  All the attention going to that fumble at the goal line.  Corey was schooling in this game.  The Bungles D is supposed to be good too.  Once Mariota and Davis get their timing down and perhaps it's this Thursday he's going to eat.  I can understand why there is some disconnect as Davis has been out and he just returned.

This reminds me of Alshon Jeffery in Philly. He has been getting mass targets all season and it wasn't until the Denver game two weeks ago that it clicked.

You know its coming with this kid. I just hope it doesn't take 9 games to get there.

Funchess, JuJu, Woods, Thielen, Anderson...  All these cheap WRs coming out of the woodwork and starting to stud for owners.

Can't we have one thing go the way it's supposed to, this year?  Can't we please just see a stud athlete getting lots of targets start to blow up for fantasy owners?  Can't we please just hit on ONE of these hype trains???

14 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I disagree. I've been watching both closely as I own both, and it looks like it definitely is a timing thing. It was so annoying last week that it seemed like every pass Mariota throws to Walker, or Matthews is right in the bread basket (Matthews inexplicably dropped a 30 yard TD). Every Corey Davis  target was overthrown or he had to adjust in a weird way to make the catch that limited his ability for YAC. I think it's safe to say it'll get better as the season closes. 

28 minutes ago, USWAY said:

I disagree. I've been watching both closely as I own both, and it looks like it definitely is a timing thing. It was so annoying last week that it seemed like every pass Mariota throws to Walker, or Matthews is right in the bread basket (Matthews inexplicably dropped a 30 yard TD). Every Corey Davis  target was overthrown or he had to adjust in a weird way to make the catch that limited his ability for YAC. I think it's safe to say it'll get better as the season closes. 

It is weird how the chemistry with RMatthews is so solid that it's a catchable ball every time it goes in his direction, yet the lack of chemistry with everyone else (save Walker) is evident. I tried hard to get rid of Matthews once Decker and Davis joined the squad but no one would trade. I expect Matthews will continue to be the #1 receiver on the Titans, but with more and more gameplay Davis will see his share of solid passes. Ten looks could be twenty targets, but if the accuracy isn't there not even Davis can reel them in... the chemistry will take slightly more time... Davis is on my bench for one more game (Steelers this Thursday) but then off the bench hopefully for the rest of the season (Colts, Texans, Cardinals, 49ers... mouth watering).

1 minute ago, cohenstantinople said:

It is weird how the chemistry with RMatthews is so solid that it's a catchable ball every time it goes in his direction, yet the lack of chemistry with everyone else (save Walker) is evident. I tried hard to get rid of Matthews once Decker and Davis joined the squad but no one would trade. I expect Matthews will continue to be the #1 receiver on the Titans, but with more and more gameplay Davis will see his share of solid passes. Ten looks could be twenty targets, but if the accuracy isn't there not even Davis can reel them in... the chemistry will take slightly more time... Davis is on my bench for one more game (Steelers this Thursday) but then off the bench hopefully for the rest of the season (Colts, Texans, Cardinals, 49ers... mouth watering).

it's very obvious in 2 games Davis is their designated big play WR

34 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Funchess, JuJu, Woods, Thielen, Anderson...  All these cheap WRs coming out of the woodwork and starting to stud for owners.

Can't we have one thing go the way it's supposed to, this year?  Can't we please just see a stud athlete getting lots of targets start to blow up for fantasy owners?  Can't we please just hit on ONE of these hype trains???

This...the forums used to be a trusted source above the rest. You guys have not hit one hype train all year. The people in this and Henry’s thread are grasping at straws as to why their guy sucks

2 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

This...the forums used to be a trusted source above the rest. You guys have not hit one hype train all year. The people in this and Henry’s thread are grasping at straws as to why their guy sucks

The kamara thread would beg to differ :P

42 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Funchess-Sterling shepard-Corey Davis- owner here. Right now my money is on Sterling ros,  2 games back he is killing it

7 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

I would like to direct you to the Alvin Kamara thread.

14 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

Yeah guys thanks for nothing!