NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Corey Davis Season Outlook 2017

47 minutes ago, Dr. Whom said:

This...the forums used to be a trusted source above the rest. You guys have not hit one hype train all year. The people in this and Henry’s thread are grasping at straws as to why their guy sucks

I disagree. I drafted horribly this year and now only have 3 guys drafted still on roster (2 of them traded). Had to remake my team through waivers. I don't watch a tom of football outside the local team, so I come here to get insights on guys I am thinking about and to varying degrees this board has helped me to pick up kamara, Watson, Engram, Fuller, Davis (breakout is on the way), Drake and woodhead...all for free or nearly (faab style) due to reading here and picking up before they became highly sought after. Some I may have picked up but maybe not gone after until big bucks were required. Now I am in 2nd place thanks to this board. Not every train can pan out to a sure fire stud, just like not every first round pick will pan out. 

Back to Davis, the signs seem to be pointing to a breakout coming as we have been oh so close.

Edited by nromn

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, nromn said:

I disagree. I drafted horribly this year and now only have 3 guys drafted still on roster (2 of them traded). Had to remake my team through waivers. I don't watch a tom of football outside the local team, so I come here to get insights on guys I am thinking about and to varying degrees this board has helped me to pick up kamara, Watson, Engram, Fuller, Davis (breakout is on the way), Drake and woodhead...all for free or nearly (faab style) due to reading here and picking up before they became highly sought after. Some I may have picked up but maybe not gone after until big bucks were required. Now I am in 2nd place thanks to this board. Not every train can pan out to a sure fire stud, just like not every first round pick will pan out. 

Back to Davis, the signs seem to be pointing to a breakout coming as we have been oh so close.

Be patient grasshopper.  Week 12 is coming out party. 

30 minutes ago, BurgundyBooger said:

What about week 11?

I have such a deep feeling in my anus that Davis is going to score his first touchdown this Thursday night. It's all setting up to look this way.

Pittsburgh D/ST is on a short week with Haden out.

Davis nearly had a touchdown this past Sunday, and was being fed targets like crazy.

Thursday night games are always quite flukey. Also sets the stage for him to show up on a big platform for his coming out party.

Steelers are at home where they will likely score a lot of points. Titans will need to catch up.

I really am strongly considering benching JuJu for Davis this week.

RW loves this guy.  He's been #1 waiver WR pickup for two weeks now, I believe.  They've already declared that "Rishard Matthews time as the #1 WR on this team are over."  Let's hope they are right.

Targets and snap counts are encouraging.  The fumble at the goalline was unfortunate.  If he snared that, we'd be all excited that he's our ROS savior.

5 minutes ago, CooL said:

RW loves this guy.  He's been #1 waiver WR pickup for two weeks now, I believe.  They've already declared that "Rishard Matthews time as the #1 WR on this team are over."  Let's hope they are right.

Targets and snap counts are encouraging.  The fumble at the goalline was unfortunate.  If he snared that, we'd be all excited that he's our ROS savior.

Rishard is a very good wr but he isn't a big play maker. he doesnt make things happen once the ball is in his hands

29 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

I have such a deep feeling in my anus that Davis is going to score his first touchdown this Thursday night. It's all setting up to look this way.

Davis nearly had a touchdown this past Sunday, and was being fed targets like crazy.

Thursday night games are always quite flukey. Also sets the stage for him to show up on a big platform for his coming out party.

Steelers are at home where they will likely score a lot of points. Titans will need to catch up.

F it. I like my Thursday Night games to be interesting.

Corey Davis...you're up!

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

You were wise all the way here except when you said, “IM CONSIDERING BENCHING JUJU...”

Are you serious?  Tenn can not cover him and I’m sure they will give more attention to AB. If you play Davis, leave out someone else and play JUju too. 

With Joe Haden out and I thought I heard some safety is injured (not sure he is out) this could be enough to unleash the beast this week. 

Im expecting Pitt to score a lot...I don’t think Tenn will be successful running a lot so they will have to throw to beat them. Corey may be the man.......

Anyone know about an injured Steeler safety too? 

1 hour ago, oliminator123 said:

Anus feelings. DILLY DILLY.

18 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

You were wise all the way here except when you said, “IM CONSIDERING BENCHING JUJU...”

Are you serious?  Tenn can not cover him and I’m sure they will give more attention to AB. If you play Davis, leave out someone else and play JUju too. 

2 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

With Joe Haden out and I thought I heard some safety is injured (not sure he is out) this could be enough to unleash the beast this week. 

Im expecting Pitt to score a lot...I don’t think Tenn will be successful running a lot so they will have to throw to beat them. Corey may be the man.......

He's not a very good safety so it likely won't really change much in terms of Davis' output.

2 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

Also mentioned was Mike Mitchell just suffering an “ankle” injury. Tomlin wasn’t clear whether it was a re-aggravated injury to his Achilles tendon or not.

19 minutes ago, Woonga24 said:

Also mentioned was Mike Mitchell just suffering an “ankle” injury. Tomlin wasn’t clear whether it was a re-aggravated injury to his Achilles tendon or not.

Starters Haden and Mitchell injured.  Haden is out and with a short week Mitchell most likely won't suit up.  Also their RCB Artie Burns has been getting owned by the pump fake.  It happened against the Lions and again vs Indy.  RCB position covers the X receiver position.  Guess who the primary X receiver is for the Titans?  Yep Corey Davis.

Highlight here.  His jersey is #25.

Edited by JediMasters

13 minutes ago, USWAY said:

I think I'm starting him at flex this week. I don't wanna chase points here. I wanna be on the as it leaves the station.

Mariota made some poor throws, but Davis looked a tad jittery to me. Like he is trying to prove everything in one play. Slooowwwww down young fella, we know you got the goods. 

I'm also having that JuJu/Davis debate... you know what they say, "when in doubt, Thursday's out" ... maybe instead I should start Davante-10target-Adams against Baltimore? hehe

JuJu is so solid, but I'm a little concerned the odds are against him this game-- in the sense of "what are the chances he has 3 straight really good games?"

I still will probably start the Juuj over Davis though, because Pitt's D seems far better than Tennessee's. 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

4 hours ago, dashoe said:

Rishard is a very good wr but he isn't a big play maker. he doesnt make things happen once the ball is in his hands

Very good not really he’s a solid possession WR. He dropped a wide open touchdown running up the seam, Mariota can’t catch a break stat wise between the Davis fumble and Matthews drop. Cautiously optimistic this week though especially if he gets 10 targets again. 

1 hour ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

Mariota made some poor throws, but Davis looked a tad jittery to me. Like he is trying to prove everything in one play. Slooowwwww down young fella, we know you got the goods. 

I'm also having that JuJu/Davis debate... you know what they say, "when in doubt, Thursday's out" ... maybe instead I should start Davante-10target-Adams against Baltimore? hehe

JuJu is so solid, but I'm a little concerned the odds are against him this game-- in the sense of "what are the chances he has 3 straight really good games?"

I still will probably start the Juuj over Davis though, because Pitt's D seems far better than Tennessee's. 

I wish that people would stop overhyping the Pitt D.  Their schedule has been a joke.  Paper tigers, the whole team.  NE is going to take them over their knee and spank them week 15, as always.  

On the other hand, Tennessee's defense has rebounded from a terrible start and has been solid over the last several games.  I'm not saying to start Davis over Juju, just don't let your fear of Pitt's D guide your decision.  

1 hour ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

It would be hard not to use proven production as a tie breaker. I have to pick two between CDavis Juju EvanEngram and Woods. For what it’s worth I think I’m eliminating Davis because I’ve seen the others produce. That said I didn’t plan on playing him until week 12 unless he somehow blew up beforehand. 

Also the Tennessee pass D has been horrid this year. Not sure if Pitt plays zone D still or not but it seems it would be easier for a backup to slide into zone D 

Edited by charliehustler

2 hours ago, JediMasters said:

Starters Haden and Mitchell injured.  Haden is out and with a short week Mitchell most likely won't suit up.  Also their RCB Artie Burns has been getting owned by the pump fake.  It happened against the Lions and again vs Indy.  RCB position covers the X receiver position.  Guess who the primary X receiver is for the Titans?  Yep Corey Davis.

Highlight here.  His jersey is #25.

Stop. This makes too much sense, so it won't happen.