NBC Sports Edge Forums

Corey Davis Season Outlook 2017

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, StevenSC400 said:

Why is everyone worried about the steelers D so much. They have played the jags ravens browns bears colts bengals. None of those offenses are exactly spectacular. Not saying they are a bad defense. But they are overrated. 

im more worried about the short week and Marriota being banged up.

9 minutes ago, charliehustler said:

im more worried about the short week and Marriota being banged up.

I mean I'm not saying davis is a must start. But if I needed a WR to start I wouldn't be afraid to start him. I mean if you look at the trend he's due for a good game based on volume alone. And haden is out too which is like a cherry on top. I don't think its a bad start to roll him out this week. 

Edited by StevenSC400
1 hour ago, Halberdier said:

I can't believe Dalton is the starter out of 6 teams. The NFL has qb problems. 

Cant believe I have to defend Dalton, but here it goes. He's a good quarterback. He's proven he's been a good qb through out his career. 88.9 carreer passer rating. PFF has him ranked the 15th best qb this season. He's doing alright this year considering his offensive line is straight garbage. Mixon was averaging 2.9 yards per carry before the titans game. That's how bad the line is. if you take away the abysmal 4 interception week 1 game, Dalton has 13 touchdowns with 4 interceptions. 

Back to Corey Davis, he's a top 20 WR ROS

Edited by Chippa
On 11/14/2017 at 7:25 PM, Patsgofor6 said:

I wish that people would stop overhyping the Pitt D.  Their schedule has been a joke. 

On the other hand, Tennessee's defense has rebounded from a terrible start and has been solid over the last several games.

TEN's last several games are against CIN/BAL/CLE/IND/MIA.  Those are some of the worst offenses in the league. Your fantasy team is probably littered with players from those teams.

12 minutes ago, Nap Time said:

TEN's last several games are against CIN/BAL/CLE/IND/MIA.  Those are some of the worst offenses in the league. Your fantasy team is probably littered with players from those teams.

Green, Woody, Parker...all drafted :unsure:. Still a contender though. CD is going to blow up soon. The only thing making me not want to start him this week is the curse of TNF.

6 hours ago, Beerdown said:

I have Antonio Brown and am convinced Davis will have more fantasy points tomorrow night. #ihateyoujuju

I love JuJu. Brown also probably hates him. People say Bryant stole his bike but it was probably Brown.

10 hours ago, StevenSC400 said:

Out of those 6 teams. Thats what I'm saying. The steelers D is overrated. 

I said the same thing about 15 pages back.

You have to look at who people have played. Pit had played the worst passing offenses in the league. 

Now theyve lost a starting CB. 

I think it's nonsensical to discount the strength of this Pittsburgh Defense. Some of the opponents they have faced are by no stretch pushovers. They've held quite respectable offenses like the Chiefs, Lions, Bengals (semi-respectable) to 15 points or lower. Stafford and Smith are no jokes, neither is Dalton. I think all those three quarterbacks are more polished passers than Mariota at this point (not taking into account his amazing scrambling and running ability here). The play and stats speak for themselves. Heinz field is always an awful place to play if you're an away team.

That being said, I have no choice but to play this stud.

7/80 yards and a TD - you heard it here first!

All hype aside, and as much as he's talented, his numbers just haven't been amazing so far: 28 targets, 13 catches (catch rate < 50%), 149 yards (just over 10 yd/catch), no TDs.

So if he gets another 8 targets he's on track for 4/40, and given that they play against PIT (plus away plus TNF) makes this  a very tough one. I'm riding this out and waiting for the Indiana game next week.

I'm starting Davis. Chester Rogers and Moncrief sure didn't have any trouble scoring last weekend. Haden is out and Artie Burns is overrated.Mitchell ( if he plays) couldn't cover a tupperware dish. 

Edited by 77georgec