Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Corey Davis Season Outlook 2017


Recommended Posts

Tempted to start him at flex over Martin at flex but already have 3 TNF players (Mariota being one of them) so I'm saving my exposure especially with Mariota a little banged up on a short week. I'm hoping for the best though since with his talent, close to double digit targets and Titans schedule down the stretch he should have big days in his future. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that Davis is ready to break out.  He and the Titans are extra motivated to make up for his fumble of last week. I think he scores a TD tonight and has a big game.  He has become the Titans #1 WR.

Edited by JFF
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm rolling with him. No Haden for the Steelers and Mitchell looks like he will be out too. Indy just lit up their secondary and this is a much better group of WR's. Pretty good chance Tennessee is going to have throw it a ton to keep up.

Edited by JohnD
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hate Thursday night games.  I'm probably going to be starting several on both teams and I'd hate to see a 13-7 game with a defensive TD.  Or if I bench them it turns into a shootout.  I know it shouldn't matter but I wish all my players could go on Monday night.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, oban14 said:

I hate Thursday night games.  I'm probably going to be starting several on both teams and I'd hate to see a 13-7 game with a defensive TD.  Or if I bench them it turns into a shootout.  I know it shouldn't matter but I wish all my players could go on Monday night.

 

I used to be the same way, but I feel like TNF games haven't been half bad for fantasy this year. Tons of blowup performances: Watkins, Tyreek, Amari Cooper, Tyrod Taylor, Matt Forte, etc.

 

Maybe I have just selective memory though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, leboomtings said:

 

I used to be the same way, but I feel like TNF games haven't been half bad for fantasy this year. Tons of blowup performances: Watkins, Tyreek, Amari Cooper, Tyrod Taylor, Matt Forte, etc.

 

Maybe I have just selective memory though.

Except selective memory usually works the other way in fantasy football, remembering all of the bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, oban14 said:

I hate Thursday night games.  I'm probably going to be starting several on both teams and I'd hate to see a 13-7 game with a defensive TD.  Or if I bench them it turns into a shootout.  I know it shouldn't matter but I wish all my players could go on Monday night.

 

 

Meh, I am of the view u play ur studs regardless of game and matchup.  unless u have an alternative that is a screaming gimmee like a lesser player going against niners-miami-chiefs defenses.

best thing about a TNF is if ur stud explodes u have the luxury of tweaking ur lineup for Sunday taking risk u may have avoided.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FSJSteel said:

 

Outside of a blown coverage by Burns that led to a 60 yard Moncrief TD, Indy didn't really do anything. I'd hardly call giving up 222 passing yards getting "lit up".

 

I also wouldn't call the Titans group of receivers "much better", there's no TY Hilton out there for Tennessee.

 

I guess you forgot about the other 60yrd TD to Rogers? They gave up almost 250yds through the air to Jacoby Brissett.

 

So TY Hilton is a group of receivers now?

 

 

Edited by JohnD
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, JohnD said:

I'm rolling with him. No Haden for the Steelers and Mitchell looks like he will be out too. Indy just lit up their secondary and this is a much better group of WR's. Pretty good chance Tennessee is going to have throw it a ton to keep up.

 

Yes, this certainly makes the decision easier to start Davis, but as long as Juju keeps playing big, now can I put him on the bench?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

When Haden went down Artie Burns switched from LCB to RCB.  Sensabaugh took the LCB position.  Davis will be matched up with Burns since he is the primary X position.

 

Per PFF Haden has allowed a passer rating of 73.1 on passes thrown in his direction while Burns has allowed a rating of 98.1. DVOA numbers paint an even starker contrast. When Steelers opponents throw to the right side of the field (Haden’s side), Pittsburgh ranks 1st in DVOA. When their opponent throws left (Burns’ side) the Steelers are 31st.

 

Further, Davis plays all three positions.  X, slot and Z.  Sensabaugh played exclusively on special teams before the Haden injury.  Sensabaugh is a huge downgrade from Haden.  Mularkey and Robiskie should position Davis on match ups with Sensabaugh.  Either way, match up against Burns or Sensabaugh I expect Davis to win on a few routes.  The Steelers are also leaving 5'9 Mike Hilton to cover the slot.  Fine, put Davis in on that match up too.

Edited by JediMasters
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Corey Davis: This is why you snagged him off the waiver wire – Davis is about to have a solid stretch of games and it helps that the Steelers just lost Joe Haden for a few weeks. He’s now seen 25 targets in the three full games he’s played, and the Steelers have now allowed four receivers in the last two weeks to total at least 86 yards. I’m plugging him into lineups as a WR3 with confidence.

 

Rishard Matthews: In the three full games Davis has played, Matthews has totaled 23 targets, so it’s not like we just cross off his name now that Davis is back in a full-time role. The Steelers play a zone defense that should be able to defend a deep threat like Matthews pretty well, unless there is a miscommunication. That happened twice last week against the Colts, but that’s because they had shaded a safety to T.Y. Hilton‘s side of the field, freeing up Chester Rogers and Donte Moncrief for long touchdowns. Matthews isn’t a bad play by any means, but he’s more of a high-end WR4.

 

Eric Decker: I can only imagine what Taywan Taylor would have done with 44 targets this season, as the Decker experiment appears to be a failure. He’s totaled 34 yards or less in all but two games and has scored just one touchdown. Mike Hilton has covered the slot for the Steelers this year and done a great job, so there’s no reason to think Decker should surprise.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

Matthews is Mariota's number 1 target, Delanie Walker is 2, Davis is the 3rd option so i would go with Rishard

This is not accurate. I think Davis has led the team in targets each full game he has played except for his first game back from injury. Regardless, he is not the third option. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, azeri98 said:

Targets,maybe but production he's 3rd even if you avg out the points over the amount of games they have played

lol whatever, man. You just said that Matthews is Mariota's number 1 TARGET. I corrected you by saying that Davis is the number 1 target, which you follow up with, "Targets,maybe". Sooo I'm right

 

 

Edited by Chippa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Chippa said:

lol whatever, man. You just said that Matthews is Mariota's number 1 TARGET. I corrected you by saying that Davis is the number 1 target, which you follow up with, "Targets,maybe". Sooo I'm right

 

 

I think Davis leads in targets and routes run when played and production will most likely follow soon. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Corey Davis: This is why you snagged him off the waiver wire – Davis is about to have a solid stretch of games and it helps that the Steelers just lost Joe Haden for a few weeks. He’s now seen 25 targets in the three full games he’s played, and the Steelers have now allowed four receivers in the last two weeks to total at least 86 yards. I’m plugging him into lineups as a WR3 with confidence.

 

Rishard Matthews: In the three full games Davis has played, Matthews has totaled 23 targets, so it’s not like we just cross off his name now that Davis is back in a full-time role. The Steelers play a zone defense that should be able to defend a deep threat like Matthews pretty well, unless there is a miscommunication. That happened twice last week against the Colts, but that’s because they had shaded a safety to T.Y. Hilton‘s side of the field, freeing up Chester Rogers and Donte Moncrief for long touchdowns. Matthews isn’t a bad play by any means, but he’s more of a high-end WR4.

 

Eric Decker: I can only imagine what Taywan Taylor would have done with 44 targets this season, as the Decker experiment appears to be a failure. He’s totaled 34 yards or less in all but two games and has scored just one touchdown. Mike Hilton has covered the slot for the Steelers this year and done a great job, so there’s no reason to think Decker should surprise.

Just curious if you don't mind but where did you get this breakdown at?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...