NBC Sports Edge Forums

Corey Davis Season Outlook 2017

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, nosh0t said:

If you click on any of the blue links its a super good clue ;)

Just now, jtbgator said:

Thanks jtb,not familiar with that site,I take it you like it?

5 minutes ago, Evincar said:

Im really tempted to play him over Dez. God I hate Thursday night games.

Thursday games always entice me into playing someone I otherwise would not. It is just so difficult to resist watching a player on primetime and not having to wait until Sunday.

5 minutes ago, nzoner said:

It's a really solid site. I enjoy the rankings system. You can pick which "expert's" rankings you want to view. The site keeps score who has been the best fantasy ranker, so you don't get rando's ranks. The Primer is better than RW's Match-up columns imo because of the depth of the article.

Edited by Jwook
2 minutes ago, Grayson2401 said:

Thursday games always entice me into playing someone I otherwise would not. It is just so difficult to resist watching a player on primetime and not having to wait until Sunday.

Haha this is so accurate. I've made so many bad decisions just to get my fantasy fix a couple days early 

10 minutes ago, nzoner said:

7 minutes ago, Jwook said:

It's a really solid site. I enjoy the rankings system. You can pick which "expert's" rankings you want to view. The site keeps score who has been the best fantasy ranker, so you don't get rando's ranks. The Primer is better than RW's Match-up columns imo because of the depth of the article.

Yes, it's a good site. Lots of good tidbits of information every week. It's all relative though since FF is mostly your own analysis and gut feeling.

5 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Yes, it's a good site. Lots of good tidbits of information every week. It's all relative though since FF is mostly your own analysis and gut feeling.

I've been reading through the analysis link you posted and like how they tend to go a little deeper than most sites I've seen.I'm in a contest league where we start 10 players per week but can never use them again once they've been played and it's getting interesting,in fact I spent a few hours today mapping out my strategy for the final 7 weeks.Hoping this site can add to deeper info.

For those of you love articles, try this one:

I have been bullish on Davis all season as someone who can be a difference-maker down the stretch, and I remain so, particularly in light of the Titans’ upcoming schedule. And, frankly, it would not at all surprise me if Davis does well on Thursday night against the Steelers, now that Joe Haden is out. Davis got 10 targets last week against the Bengals and would’ve had a touchdown had he not fumbled the ball just before the end zone. But even without Haden, and putting aside a few monstrous plays allowed against the Colts last week, the Steelers are very tough on opposing wide receivers. The one true weakness in the Steelers’ secondary is Cody Sensabaugh, and he’ll likely be matched up against Rishard Matthews

. For me, where I own Davis, I’m almost universally keeping him on my bench this week, and preparing to deploy him with confidence beginning in Week 12.

Edited by TennisMenace

“Davis should expect to see a high number of targets again against the Pittsburgh SteelersThursday night. The Steelers are not going to make it easy on the rookie, but they will be without Pro Bowl cornerback Joe Haden for the contest. The Steelers have shut down the pass all season, allowing the second-fewest passing yards in the league to opposing offenses. 

Fantasy impact: Davis looks like a talent eager to break out for owners. He does not have impressive stats this season, mainly because he has missed a ton of game action due to injuries. However, he is getting a lot of looks from Titans QB Marcus Mariota, which makes him a promising fantasy option. With big playmaking ability and a high-target ceiling, Davis is worth taking a chance on Thursday night even against a tough Steelers defense.” 

Recommendation: Start

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/16/16650254/fantasy-football-week-11-start-sit-advice-corey-davis-tnf

So yeah, this could go either way and looks like a dice roll. That said, Corey Davis is getting the targets, and I think the Titans will need to throw in this one.

Good luck gang!

31 minutes ago, Bingo Bandanas said:

“Davis should expect to see a high number of targets again against the Pittsburgh SteelersThursday night. The Steelers are not going to make it easy on the rookie, but they will be without Pro Bowl cornerback Joe Haden for the contest. The Steelers have shut down the pass all season, allowing the second-fewest passing yards in the league to opposing offenses. 

Fantasy impact: Davis looks like a talent eager to break out for owners. He does not have impressive stats this season, mainly because he has missed a ton of game action due to injuries. However, he is getting a lot of looks from Titans QB Marcus Mariota, which makes him a promising fantasy option. With big playmaking ability and a high-target ceiling, Davis is worth taking a chance on Thursday night even against a tough Steelers defense.” 

Recommendation: Start

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/11/16/16650254/fantasy-football-week-11-start-sit-advice-corey-davis-tnf

So yeah, this could go either way and looks like a dice roll. That said, Corey Davis is getting the targets, and I think the Titans will need to throw in this one.

Good luck gang!

Ding ding. Your comment at the end is what pushes this into a start for me. You have to figure PIT at home will put points on the board vs this TEN defense, forcing Tennessee to open it up more.

The game has shootout potential, just hoping that becomes a reality. Please no boring penalty filled BS. We need another Oakland-KC type of Thursday night game.

2 minutes ago, SpartanEric said:

Ding ding. Your comment at the end is what pushes this into a start for me. You have to figure PIT at home will put points on the board vs this TEN defense, forcing Tennessee to open it up more.

The game has shootout potential, just hoping that becomes a reality. Please no boring penalty filled BS. We need another Oakland-KC type of Thursday night game.

I hope so. The only problem that I see is that it looks really cold in Pittsburgh right now. Obviously that could have a direct impact on playcalling and gameflow.