NBC Sports Edge Forums

Keenan Allen 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 884
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, GoPackGo23 said:

Were you really going to bench him though? After his last four games, I don't know how you could have actually felt good about doing that.

I was seriously considering benching him, but I let those four games steer me away from a strong gut feeling and the statistics of Rivers being awful against KC. 

I would have been totally right to bench him because in the playoffs against the really good team I'm up against, those 10 points will easily be devoured by his opposing WRs.

His Hopkins alone is going crap all over those points. 

3 minutes ago, Wynter12 said:

I was seriously considering benching him, but I let those four games steer me away from a strong gut feeling and the statistics of Rivers being awful against KC. 

I would have been totally right to bench him because in the playoffs against the really good team I'm up against, those 10 points will easily be devoured by his opposing WRs.

His Hopkins alone is going crap all over those points. 

Better than having a Rivers, Keenan, Kelce stack vs Hunt. 

Arrowhead is no joke. 

Edited by boltup15
6 minutes ago, boltup15 said:

Better than having a Rivers, Keenan, Kelce stack vs Hunt. 

Arrowhead is no joke. 

Sheesh, man. I'm sorry to hear that. That's the thing about fantasy football unfortunately. Unless you have the ABSOLUTE studs, you're rolling the dice every week it feels like. 

I tested the Arrowhead theory last night and was not happy a camper. The Kareem owners surely had a good time though lol 

I guess I shouldn't be so grumpy. First year of fantasy football with very little football knowledge. I should be grateful I made it to the playoffs at least.

Still sucks to get this close and feel like your week is already over lol My Doyle and Keenan is about to be gobbled up by his Hopkins and Gronk. 

Great News!!!!! Time to feast on the JETS

Keenan Allen (back) is expected to be "fine" for Week 16 at the Jets.

Allen was carted off in Saturday night's loss to Kansas City, missing the Chargers' final drive. With Hunter Henry's (kidney) status in question for Weeks 16-17, Allen will have to handle a particularly heavy passing-game load in two must-win games. The Chargers have fallen to 7-7, but they are still in the playoff hunt.
34 minutes ago, atrain504 said:

Great News!!!!! Time to feast on the JETS

Keenan Allen (back) is expected to be "fine" for Week 16 at the Jets.

Allen was carted off in Saturday night's loss to Kansas City, missing the Chargers' final drive. With Hunter Henry's (kidney) status in question for Weeks 16-17, Allen will have to handle a particularly heavy passing-game load in two must-win games. The Chargers have fallen to 7-7, but they are still in the playoff hunt.

Not only this, but did you read Hunter Henry may be out for weeks 16 and 17 with a kidney issue? If so, that would make Allen even more of a target hog, especially with the Chargers now in MUST WIN mode. 

You have to start him if he's playing, but I'm not feeling great about. Acute lower back pain is no joke, can flare up for no reason at all and can creep down into glutes, hip, hammy, legs in general. If he's a full-go, I'll be holding my breath starting with pre-game stretching. 

1 hour ago, Mr.STD said:

You have to start him if he's playing, but I'm not feeling great about. Acute lower back pain is no joke, can flare up for no reason at all and can creep down into glutes, hip, hammy, legs in general. If he's a full-go, I'll be holding my breath starting with pre-game stretching. 

All he has to do is leave it all on the field this week. If he can't play again, well, ever after that? That's okay. All I'm asking for is 200+ yards and 5TDs this week.

1 hour ago, FreakFries said:

All he has to do is leave it all on the field this week. If he can't play again, well, ever after that? That's okay. All I'm asking for is 200+ yards and 5TDs this week.

Tough but fair.

2 hours ago, Mr.STD said:

If he is starting, he is in my lineup. But I will be closely monitoring practice reports. If he can get in at least 1 full practice I will feel a lot more comfortable.  

3 hours ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Why wasn't he targeted more in the seemingly very very very important game in KC? He let me down big time.

He had 8 targets, KC defense was no joke and he got carted off with a back injury late in the game?

4 hours ago, FantaC! said:

He had 8 targets, KC defense was no joke and he got carted off with a back injury late in the game?

That not enough work for your #1 WR through the majority of the game in a "must win" game. He was carted off, but lets not pretend it was a horrific injury or that it happened half way through. It was their last drive.

52 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

That not enough work for your #1 WR through the majority of the game in a "must win" game. He was carted off, but lets not pretend it was a horrific injury or that it happened half way through. It was their last drive.

He tied Melvin Gordon for the team high with 8 targets each. Rivers couldn't get anything going against that tough KC defense (as usual) and refused to throw the shallow/intermediate passes. And just because he was carted off for the final drive doesn't mean his back hadn't been bothering him throughout the game...just saying.

I'm definitely not arguing though, I have him in a few PPR leagues and was expecting much better production.

Keenan was a draft pick for me and even when he wasn't doing what I expected of him, I held on for his potential. 

His big second half performances helped me get to the playoffs and I'm hoping he has another one in him this week to clinch me the championship :D

Question, are Jets known to double coverage guys like Keenan? 

10 hours ago, vthokie3 said:

Full practice and not even on the injury report!

I love you SleeveMan !

10 hours ago, Wynter12 said:

Keenan was a draft pick for me and even when he wasn't doing what I expected of him, I held on for his potential. 

His big second half performances helped me get to the playoffs and I'm hoping he has another one in him this week to clinch me the championship :D

Question, are Jets known to double coverage guys like Keenan? 

If he's a full go you don't really have to worry about that him and Rivers are as good as it gets.