Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Joe Mixon 2017 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, MJJ28 said:

 

The Bengals have been a franchise that has repeatedly taken on players with negative personal histories. They seem to be a franchise that actually cares about their players and that wants to help talented, but troubled individuals. Marvin Lewis has done a good job of working with players like Mixon and I believe that is why he still has his job, and why his job is so secure. 

 

They are trying to help these guys as much as they are trying to win. I expect them to bring Mixon along very slowly, as they are even more invested in him as a functioning human being in society than as a running back. If he's good enough, he may work his way into the clear lead committee back by the end of the year, but that's not what he is being drafted as.

You're absolutely insane.

Edited by The Jet
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Being forced to start either Mixon or Marvin Jones this weekend because of the probability of Tampa's game getting cancelled (Jacquizz).

 

I'm hoping that Mixon gets at least 8-10 carries, and one of them ends up being on the goal line. My prospects tell me that I will be 0-1 after this week, though. I just don't have faith that Mixon will get much of a shot until week 3-4 of the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Steelers0087 said:

Mixon is still #3 on the newest depth chart released today. Sucks.

 

You had to expect this. Only question is how long does it last?

 

Hopefully Hill runs into brick walls all day and they lose their home opener against a division rival coming off a horrid preseason.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

so i picked this stud up as a second piece in a big trade over the weekend. Did what I always do to get hyped about rookies and went and watched his highlights video from college and my goodness what a savage! I had no idea the guy was THAT just dominant. He was incredible. I just don't see anyway you can keep him off the field.

Having said that, I need to see some more clarity about his role before starting him, he'll probably blow up on the bench before he is inserted.

Edited by dakimbell
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, dakimbell said:

so i picked this stud up as a second piece in a big trade over the weekend. Did what I always do to get hyped about rookies and went and watched his highlights video from college and my goodness what a savage! I had no idea the guy was THAT just dominant. He was incredible. I just don't see anyway you can keep him off the field 

Yep, most talented RB in this loaded class. Hope we get a chance to see him this year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Steelers0087 said:

Yep, most talented RB in this loaded class. Hope we get a chance to see him this year.

that jump cut move he has is insanely explosive! realize it was against some crappy big 12 defenses, but when you look that dominant against anyone who plays Division 1 football, barring injury or trouble you are going to be one heck of a pro. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:
Jeremy Hill - RB - Bengals

Jeremy Hill is listed as the starting running back on the Bengals' Week 1 depth chart.

 
 
 
Sep 5 - 1:40 PM

That just means he goes on the field for the first play of the game.  Mixon will get his.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, raltherr said:

That just means he goes on the field for the first play of the game.  Mixon will get his.

I'm feeling this as well. I would expect an even amount of carries for Hill and Mixon (especially after they realize Hill is the same runner from the previous 2 seasons). Question is whether or not Mixon makes the most of them. With AJ Green back and Tyler Eifert (mostly) healthy, the offense should look renewed, and I expect a lot of scoring chances. I'm worried Hill is going to steal a lot of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Vendetta said:

So did I (round 7), so throw me in those prayers too.

Some poor soul in my draft got him as his RB1... in the 3rd round!  Pray for him as well too.

 

Mixon owners will spin the new depth chart as "Mixon will leap frog Hill in no time and be the lead back because talent wins out", but I'm just not seeing it.  Lewis defers to his veterans.  And even if it's some kind of timeshare, you're not supposed to be getting a timeshare RB when you draft him so high in the 3rd round (at least in my league).  6th or 7th?  Sure, that's great value.  But I think seeing him fall that low is the exception rather than the rule.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, vthokie3 said:

can't see how you start him

Yeah, don't start him if you can afford not to because of the role uncertainty and because of the week-1 opponent. The only thing that would realistically change that is if the ankle injury Hill suffered during preseason is still an issue, which could remove the first barrier.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, The Jet said:

You're absolutely insane.

 

Blinded by the hype. Hope you enjoy the 8 touches per game Mixon is in line for for the first half of the season with the potential for 10-12 in the second half.

Edited by MJJ28
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, CooL said:

Some poor soul in my draft got him as his RB1... in the 3rd round!  Pray for him as well too.

 

Mixon owners will spin the new depth chart as "Mixon will leap frog Hill in no time and be the lead back because talent wins out", but I'm just not seeing it.  Lewis defers to his veterans.  And even if it's some kind of timeshare, you're not supposed to be getting a timeshare RB when you draft him so high in the 3rd round (at least in my league).  6th or 7th?  Sure, that's great value.  But I think seeing him fall that low is the exception rather than the rule.

 

"New depth chart?"  There's nothing new or unexpected about it.  All preseason it has been expected that Hill would "start" Week 1.  But I've never seen a league that gives points for starts.  

Edited by KennyWoo
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share


×
×
  • Create New...