NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Joe Mixon 2017 Outlook

3 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

everyone that took mixon should have known to draft some starting RB's to go along with him anyway.

Classic case of when fantasy bloggers hype up the talent and potential of a player vs the reality of the NFL.  The coaching staff did ZERO to indicate that Mixon was a starting rb. Everything preseasonhas pointed to a rbbc if everyone is healthy.

Fantasy guys always overreach with assumed injury scenarios and rookies displacing veterans.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, dashoe said:

Classic case of when fantasy bloggers hype up the talent and potential of a player vs the reality of the NFL.  The coaching staff did ZERO to indicate that Mixon was a starting rb. Everything preseasonhas pointed to a rbbc if everyone is healthy.

Fantasy guys always overreach with assumed injury scenarios and rookies displacing veterans.

oh i wasn't saying mixon isn't good, but it's marvin lewis man! lol

Just now, dashoe said:

I think it's more so everyone in disbelief how awful Marvin Lewis is as a headcoach.  Let's be honest, the guy is Jeff Fisher 2.0.  The only difference is, Marvin Lewis can sometimes sneak into the playoffs.  How many years is this guy going to roll with Hill as the RB1 and settle for garbage.  Nothing ever changes with this guy, the Bengals will never be playoff successful as long as he is at the healm.  It's time for a change rather than watching Jeremy Hill take carries for 2-3 yard gains. 

1 minute ago, KuNiT21 said:

I think it's more so everyone in disbelief how awful Marvin Lewis is as a headcoach.  Let's be honest, the guy is Jeff Fisher 2.0.  The only difference is, Marvin Lewis can sometimes sneak into the playoffs.  How many years is this guy going to roll with Hill as the RB1 and settle for garbage.  Nothing ever changes with this guy, the Bengals will never be playoff successful as long as he is at the healm.  It's time for a change rather than watching Jeremy Hill take carries for 2-3 yard gains. 

I have a feeling the Mixon thread will become this seasons Derrick Henry thread

2 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

damn, what a sucker punch to Mixon owners ... hope this doesn't fracture the way you see your early season unfolding.   

This is exactly how I thought it would unfold and I drafted accordingly. I drafted Mixon for the back half of the season, not the start

4 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

This is exactly how I thought it would unfold and I drafted accordingly. I drafted Mixon for the back half of the season, not the start

It's just a pleasant coincidence that the fantasy playoffs happen to fall in the back half of the season.  I'm playing for week 16, not week 2.

10 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

damn, what a sucker punch to Mixon owners ... hope this doesn't fracture the way you see your early season unfolding.   

7 minutes ago, lolcopter said:

3 minutes ago, smeeze said:

It's just a pleasant coincidence that the fantasy playoffs happen to fall in the back half of the season.  I'm playing for week 16, not week 2.

aaaaaaaaaaaannnddd WHOOOSH!

1 hour ago, dashoe said:

Fantasy Websites overreach... ppl that follow fantasy football should know before drafting what the Mixon situation is. Eventually will take over, Flex at best for now. For those relying on Mixon early are probably going to be a little disappointed. I could be wrong but most drafting Mixon have 2 Viable RBs on their roster with Mixon being #3. 

The party's over.  This news is so shocking - I can't believe Jeremy Hill will "start" week 1 after being atop the depth chart for three years and after starting in the preseason.  

Those of you in leagues with me, I'll trade you Chris Hogan for Joe Mixon (and a throw-in, naturally).  PM me.

5 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

The party's over.  This news is so shocking - I can't believe Jeremy Hill will "start" week 1 after being atop the depth chart for three years and after starting in the preseason.  

Those of you in leagues with me, I'll trade you Chris Hogan for Joe Mixon (and a throw-in, naturally).  PM me.

Make it Hogan + some chicken tendies and you got yourself a deal.