NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Joe Mixon 2017 Outlook

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, mevins31 said:

Usual performance from Bernard and Hill. Good God those two are a pair of stiffs. Let Mixon take over 

Gio looked anything but stiff... Hill is hill... a really good BJGE... Mixon looked like a good bet to take over at least Hill's role if the bengals keep effing it up

They are facing the same problem Seattle is. Flipping through rbs constantly throughout the game does not allow you to establish an identity and create an offense the players themselves can believe in.

Guys need consistency. The whole team wants to have something they can rely on and playing hot potato until you find someone that gives you a good series isn't conducive to long term success.

Mixon - 220 carries - 35 rec

Hill - 170 carries - 10 rec

Gio - 50 carries - 50 rec

This is a ballpark I can see playing out over the year assuming all three continue to play. Gio should start being used mostly as a receiver exclusively. Hill as a situational short yardage back/garbage time/tough goal line type player. Mixon will be the one to really open the offence up for all the role players to excel in.

3 minutes ago, 10giz said:

They are facing the same problem Seattle is. Flipping through rbs constantly throughout the game does not allow you to establish an identity and create an offense the players themselves can believe in.

Guys need consistency. The whole team wants to have something they can rely on and playing hot potato until you find someone that gives you a good series isn't conducive to long term success.

Mixon - 220 carries - 35 rec

Hill - 170 carries - 10 rec

Gio - 50 carries - 50 rec

This is a ballpark I can see playing out over the year assuming all three continue to play. Gio should start being used mostly as a receiver exclusively. Hill as a situational short yardage back/garbage time/tough goal line type player. Mixon will be the one to really open the offence up for all the role players to excel in.

Marvin Lewis loves his Hill has eyes...

He will go down with the Hill shop... 

The entire offense was in shambles on Sunday... a goose egg lol

6 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

Marvin Lewis loves his Hill has eyes...

He will go down with the Hill shop... 

The entire offense was in shambles on Sunday... a goose egg lol

I saw. It was ugly. But the whole team just had a bad week, I feel every year Dalton has a huge stinker at which point everyone writes him off and he goes on to get things going and eventually people are like "How is Dalton in the waiver wire?!?". 

Regardless of Marv's love for Hill, they still haven't had an RB like this in a long time. They can coexist.

2 minutes ago, Szer0 said:

Cincy, Seattle, New England, NYG, NYJ - all rbbc, all looked terrible. So did Detroit until the 4th.

Gotta have a clear alpha or two guys with distinct roles. Preseason is the time for tryouts. Even if the coach changes his mind throughout the season, clarity is needed for each game at least. Indecision is hard to follow.

6 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Cincy, Seattle, New England, NYG, NYJ - all rbbc, all looked terrible. So did Detroit until the 4th.

Gotta have a clear alpha or two guys with distinct roles. Preseason is the time for tryouts. Even if the coach changes his mind throughout the season, clarity is needed for each game at least. Indecision is hard to follow.

Totally. LT talked about it today on TV, the guys wanna know they got a go to play that they trust and believe will work. They want stability.

Thats why I think Mixon will soon take over. Hill will be far more effective when given 10 carries a game in specific situations that suite his size and skill (even though Mixon is almost the same size)  rather than the 15-16 in random times that lead to a lack of efficiency and stagnation offensively.

CAR is a perfect example. That backfield looks like a wonderful balance where Stewart is used the right way. Keeps them both fresh, the defense guessing, and the rest of the team confident that their running backs are gonna eat clock and move the ball.

Edited by 10giz

3 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Every offense in the league outside of the Chiefs looked rusty. RBBC or not. There just isn't enough practice time. Defense was far ahead of the offenses.

5 minutes ago, fjthegrey said:

So give him more carries then you dunce.

he wont. Not yet at least. He has to appease Hill. Hill is an a** that will start running his mouth publicly if he gets overtaken by Mixon. I dont think Marv wants that distraction. But still, even if I were the HC, I would just Give Mixon majority snaps, regardless of what Hill thinks

10 minutes ago, fjthegrey said:

Marv should want to win. Who gives a s--- what Jeremy Hill thinks if they are playing better?

Guys an idiot. An idiot who will imminently be looking for work.

that's what YOU think. What does Mike Brown think? Marv's been in cincy since 2003

10 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Anyone taking the chance on Thursday against Houston?  Cinci's entire offense should rebound a bit and Houston got destroyed by Fournette last week.

Just give him the damn ball Marvin.  

JM got me 2.4, last week.  Therefore, my answer would be....... hell no!

He has to be somewhat productive, before I start him again.  As of now, that backfield is a colossal mess.

On 9/11/2017 at 1:41 AM, Szer0 said:

Gio looked anything but stiff... Hill is hill... a really good BJGE... Mixon looked like a good bet to take over at least Hill's role if the bengals keep effing it up

that a Benjarvis Green-Ellis reference?  lovin it

I'm actively trying to trade for Mixon. perhaps Marvin Lewis isn't the best gauge of running back talent... but the talent discrepancy between Hill/Gio and Mixon is gargantuan, and eventually the social media pressure and all the other pressures will overwhelm him. And Mixon will be given the keys, and prove that he's an awesome driver.

Wish I had stock in this balanced beast. #1 buy low right now. It's certainly possible this is a lost season for him. On the other hand, he is a potential league winner. 

i dont draft depth as i am firm believer in getting top tier qbs and to a lesser extent tes

i am rolling mixon as my rb2 in two ppr leagues 

really hope cin throws up another dud and puts the pressure on lewis (wouldnt mind a big run/catch from mixon to simplify Lewis's hand to get this sh"t figured out)

51gHnxzO2vL.jpg

Edited by colepenhagen