NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Joe Mixon 2017 Outlook

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

You're really going to drop a RB getting 20 touches a game?

Well no because I'm in a 16 team league but I'm not just asking about myself since this isn't the assistant coach forum. I'm asking in general do people think he is worth holding in standard size leagues. I don't even think there's upside here cause he looks bad and the line is awful. 

3 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

Well no because I'm in a 16 team league but I'm not just asking about myself since this isn't the assistant coach forum. I'm asking in general do people think he is worth holding in standard size leagues. I don't even think there's upside here cause he looks bad and the line is awful. 

Doesn't matter what size league you're in, of course he's a hold, he's getting 20 touches a game.  The question is when to play him, not whether you should "hold" him on your roster.

Just now, Chwf3rd said:

Doesn't matter what size league you're in, of course he's a hold, he's getting 20 touches a game.  The question is when to play him, not whether you should "hold" him on your roster.

You mean he's gotten 20 touches in 2 games. What about the first 2? He's been bad when given touches. There's no reason to believe he keeps getting so many. 

1 minute ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

You mean he's gotten 20 touches in 2 games. What about the first 2? He's been bad when given touches. There's no reason to believe he keeps getting so many. 

Yes, 20 touches a game in the last 2 games.  What's your point?  Nobody is going to drop a RB currently getting 20 touches a game even if you're in a 6 team league.

4 minutes ago, mulhollandvelvet said:

Lead RB's are dropping like flies, Mixon is a solid hold and he will have his breakout game sooner than later. Offer him to the dalvin owner and see how quick he takes him

21 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Yes, 20 touches a game in the last 2 games.  What's your point?  Nobody is going to drop a RB currently getting 20 touches a game even if you're in a 6 team league.

My point is there’s no reason to think he’ll get those kind of touches going forward. This backfield is just like the cardinals. 

Just now, mulhollandvelvet said:

My point is there’s no reason to think he’ll get those kind of touches going forward. This backfield is just like the cardinals. 

...except one of them is a rookie second round draft pick who's played 4 games... and the cardinals all have seven year veterans who are reliably awful

23 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

LOL

Well that's the last time I listen to my gut lol 

what an idiot move I did lol but hey you win some you lose some. 

Worst thing is my opponent has hunt left 

rip 

I was tempted to start him over D. Parker in flex, but then I looked at Cleveland's previous three games against the run... not surprised he didn't have the breakout game "experts" were buzzing about.

CLE allowed:

2.1 ypc / 35 yds vs. PIT

4.3 ypc / 136 yds vs. BAL

2.6 ypc / 92 yds vs. IND

(2.9 ypc / 86 yds vs. CIN)

Also Football Outsiders had them ranked 6 vs rush and bottom 5 vs pass.  You beat Cleveland through the air.  Add in 2 other running backs that have been prominent in the Cin offense... and there you have it.  Not surprised at all by the result, and not phased or worried one bit.  Buy low (as an investment..).

Edited by 7sof