NBC Sports Edge Forums

17 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Bryant is now on the scouting team. If you take that as an example for Mixon, it doesn't look good.

While people like yourself want to continue to lump these two guys together the facts remain:

-two different teams, two different styles of leadership(and we know how bengals handle personalities, they don't)

-One guy has come off of a full one year suspension

- one guy was drafted by a team that took major heat immediately thereafter.

Enough of the comparisons simply because they both have questionable backgrounds. one guy hit a woman, one guy hit some weed.  one guy's scenario means nothing for the others.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Why are people comparing Mixon to Bryant? Jesus, just when I thought these forums couldn't get more ridiculous.

yeah that doesn't make sense at all. going off repeatedly on social media and saying you are a better football player than your teammate is such a snafu in a game that thrives on the unity of the team, arguably more so than any other sport.

my point with the mixon sitch is there's no way his public comments but more importantly marvin lewis's reaction can be twisted into a positive. there is the potential for doghouse status. it sucks even if nothing changes, it really seems like the bengals don't want to win games giving hill work like they are, especially the nominal "start" with carries in the first series. seriously, think about that. what is the point of that? hill runs it twice in the first series, they might get a singular first down on a third down pass, then they quickly punt, and on the second possession they put in mixon. whatever. the bengals coaches make the big bucks (somehow)

Edited by Anteater99

If Cincinnati loses to Indianapolis, Marvin Lewis gets fired right?  He has to doesn't he?  This Bengals team is supposed to be in their Superbowl "window" right now and the Colts are an absolute dumpster fire.  Fingers crossed, I guess.

1 hour ago, smeeze said:

If Cincinnati loses to Indianapolis, Marvin Lewis gets fired right?  He has to doesn't he?  This Bengals team is supposed to be in their Superbowl "window" right now and the Colts are an absolute dumpster fire.  Fingers crossed, I guess.

Not in a million years. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bengals finish 6-10 or 7-9 and Marvin gets a bonus check. 

1 hour ago, smeeze said:

lewis has missed the playoffs for the past 14 years. 

losing to the colts won't initiate something 14 seasons of futility should have. 

Edited by bigfatandugly
51 minutes ago, bigfatandugly said:

lewis has missed the playoffs for the past 14 years. 

losing to the colts won't initiate something 14 seasons of futility should have.

Lewis has made the playoffs 7 times for the past 14 years, including every year from 2011 to 2015.

Now if you meant to say Lewis hasn't won a playoff game for the past 14 years, then correct.

19 hours ago, oliminator123 said:

Why are people comparing Mixon to Bryant? Jesus, just when I thought these forums couldn't get more ridiculous.

This.

Bryant said HE should get the ball more. Mixon said the TEAM should run more. Bryant crossed WAY over the line when he said he was better than a teammate.

Unacceptable

3 hours ago, NyMetsfan5 said:

I’m so conflicted man. I feel like Marvin is petty enough to give him 4 carries 

Me too, but Jeremy Hill did the same thing as a rookie and then smashed CLE two weeks later that season. 

He sucks playing for Cindy behind gio and hill. No way you start him next week at Jax 

57 minutes ago, Anteater99 said:

Waiting on the snap %'s and touches splits. I don't know if he ran out of gas or what, but if he finishes that long run on the screen pass it would have been one hell of a day.

I'm still not sure how he got caught on that run... He definitely seemed to slow down, you would think a 60-yard run wouldn't be that hard to maintain your sprint. Maybe he was worn out from underuse. 

1 minute ago, DekuTree said:

I'm still not sure how he got caught on that run... He definitely seemed to slow down, you would think a 60-yard run wouldn't be that hard to maintain your sprint. Maybe he was worn out from underuse. 

He kept turning his head looking for defenders, regardless I think he slowed down. You'd think a guy that age would be tip-top conditioning wise

I'm debating dropping Mixon... if not for the one screen pass, he'd have what, 5 points this week? This was supposed to be a great matchup, and going forward his schedule doesn't look very good. 

I just don't think this offense is going to allow him to contribute much beyond his decent floor, terrible ceiling. 

Edited by Joelioli