NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Joe Mixon 2017 Outlook

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can’t drop him but I think this week was the last week I’ll be flexing him. Flukey TDs or not he’s been getting a solid 10-13points in PPR for me which has been nice but things aren’t improving and I doubt he keeps scoring TDs every week.

Makes me a sad panda, I’m a huge believer in this kid. If he can keep his head on his shoulders and keep his hands below other people’s shoulders I think he will come out on top next season.

A lot of sadness in here for a guy who is putting up decent numbers for the past 7 weeks.  Yeah not all have been great or game breaking but solid none-the-less. Bernard hasn't had more than 3 carries since week 2.  I'm not sure what is going on here - people talking about dropping him? Crazy talk. 

I think it is better when I don't read half the threads and just roll with these guys.

1 minute ago, 1st DownSyndrome said:

Can’t drop him but I think this week was the last week I’ll be flexing him. Flukey TDs or not he’s been getting a solid 10-13points in PPR for me which has been nice but things aren’t improving and I doubt he keeps scoring TDs every week.

Makes me a sad panda, I’m a huge believer in this kid. If he can keep his head on his shoulders and keep his hands below other people’s shoulders I think he will come out on top next season.

I agree.  This kid has some talent.  Frankly, I just can't understand the Bengals usage of him.  It isn't like 9 carries for 37 yards with a TD is terrible.  How does he only get 9 carries though?  Is Any Reid now coaching the Bengals?

I've actually been happy with Mixon though mostly because I traded low for him and didn't draft him at his draft cost.  He's done okay as a Week 9 and 10 bye week plug for me thanks to the TD's.

I think there is much better on his horizon though and still feel like one of these weeks he's gonna have the big game we've been wanting.

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

Planting this dude firmly on the bench this week. I think Cincy gets embarrassed  by Denver and that defense

Yeah this is my first read but like the man said the pats just tore them a new one on the ground.

But the Bengals are no Patriots, obviously.

My first read tends to be the correct one. I'll probably flip flop a dozen times on this decision but I think benching Mixon @ DEN vs a pissed off defense with a terrible O line is the right move. There is no better matchup for that Denver front to show the world they are men and they should not be disrespected. I really doubt Mixon can find the end zone this week and even against good matchups the only thing saving his fantasy bacon is touchdowns.

As of now Rod Smith is getting the nod over Joey Mix. Don't @ me.

Edited by Anteater99

51 minutes ago, championship or bust said:

possibly 2018 9th or 10th round rb with rb flex/4/5 value.....bye replacement.

Highly doubt it... the Bungles should take obvious steps to improve their OL.  The entire coaching staff should get the axe, bring in an offensive-minded HC and a real OC and take steps to upgrade the OL through the draft and FA.

Hard to believe now of all times some of you are jumping ship. I actually just traded for Mixon. Tried for McCaffrey last week but couldn't get it done. Success in fantasy is all about getting ahead of the climate change. The schedule here looking forward isn't amazing but I think there's more than a decent chance that Mixon gets the touches moving forward. A lot of home games for the Bengals and gotta think Cincy changes the script to some degree. 

I'm not overly bullish or anything but rather in a rough RB2 situation with Darkwa and D. Lewis. Mixon on of the few high reward guys out there at a lowish point right now.

Edited by tatddy

17 hours ago, lolcopter said:

Wouldn’t be so sure about that. NE RBs just sliced and diced them and they’ve given up 90+ over the last two games

That's what happens when you have to worry about Tom Brady eating you up passing the ball. That same concern doesn't exist with Dalton. That O Line is just SOOOOOO BAD.

16 hours ago, Anteater99 said:

Yeah this is my first read but like the man said the pats just tore them a new one on the ground.

But the Bengals are no Patriots, obviously.

My first read tends to be the correct one. I'll probably flip flop a dozen times on this decision but I think benching Mixon @ DEN vs a pissed off defense with a terrible O line is the right move. There is no better matchup for that Denver front to show the world they are men and they should not be disrespected. I really doubt Mixon can find the end zone this week and even against good matchups the only thing saving his fantasy bacon is touchdowns.

As of now Rod Smith is getting the nod over Joey Mix. Don't @ me.

Yep.... it's the O Line vs. Von Miller that scares that crap out of me. Nobody is going to stop that dude and no way Dalton finds the time behind that line to throw the ball. All of that screams no running lanes to me.

Edit: Only reason I'm sitting him is because I like Doug Martin vs that poo pile of a Miami team.

Edited by JohnD

15 hours ago, tatddy said:

Hard to believe now of all times some of you are jumping ship. I actually just traded for Mixon. Success in fantasy is all about getting ahead of the climate change. 

There's also something to be said about knowing when to get out of the rain.

15 hours ago, tatddy said:

Hard to believe now of all times some of you are jumping ship. I actually just traded for Mixon. Tried for McCaffrey last week but couldn't get it done. Success in fantasy is all about getting ahead of the climate change. The schedule here looking forward isn't amazing but I think there's more than a decent chance that Mixon gets the touches moving forward. A lot of home games for the Bengals and gotta think Cincy changes the script to some degree. 

I'm not overly bullish or anything but rather in a rough RB2 situation with Darkwa and D. Lewis. Mixon on of the few high reward guys out there at a lowish point right now.

His schedule from here on out is pretty bad.

His playoffs schedule (CHI, MIN, DET) is pretty rough, too. Chicago has a pretty underrated defense, Minnesota one of the best in the league, and Detroit can be pretty good. I didn't wanna deal with it.

silva's matchups column:

Bengals-Broncos projects as a low-scoring game wherein Denver’s struggling defense has a great chance to come alive against Cincinnati’s barely-there pass protection. This is a week to fully fade Andy Dalton and tee up Denver’s D/ST at home against a Bengals offense that ranks 28th in Football Outsiders’ Adjusted Sack Rate allowed. … Joe Mixon also encounters a difficult Week 11 spot against a Broncos run defense that ranks No. 1 in DVOA, limiting running backs to the NFL’s eighth-fewest fantasy points and 3.44 yards per carry. Merely a touchdown-or-bust RB2/flex option, Mixon has totaled 70 yards from scrimmage twice all year.

10 minutes ago, Anteater99 said:

silva's matchups column:

Bengals-Broncos projects as a low-scoring game wherein Denver’s struggling defense has a great chance to come alive against Cincinnati’s barely-there pass protection. This is a week to fully fade Andy Dalton and tee up Denver’s D/ST at home against a Bengals offense that ranks 28th in Football Outsiders’ Adjusted Sack Rate allowed. … Joe Mixon also encounters a difficult Week 11 spot against a Broncos run defense that ranks No. 1 in DVOA, limiting running backs to the NFL’s eighth-fewest fantasy points and 3.44 yards per carry. Merely a touchdown-or-bust RB2/flex option, Mixon has totaled 70 yards from scrimmage twice all year.

I'll take 3.44 considering he's only averaging 3.0 ypc on the season.  For real though this game could be tough sledding on the ground but he could do well in the passing game.  Fingers crossed for a TD.

2 minutes ago, smeeze said:

I'll take 3.44 considering he's only averaging 3.0 ypc on the season.  For real though this game could be tough sledding on the ground but he could do well in the passing game.  Fingers crossed for a TD.

Mixon in the passing game when it seems like Gio is still getting almost all touches? I dunno 

Things have steadily shifted since Cincy canned their OC. I'm expecting more of the shift to close out the year. I'm predicting that Mixon significantly dominates the touches from here on out since he's serviceable in the passing game. How often the damn Cincy offense is actually on the field is obviously an issue but I'm not as scared of their schedule as some of you are. 

Edited by tatddy