Jump to content
NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Joe Mixon 2017 Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

I’m lookimg for one or two strong voices to convince me why I should play Joe Mixon this week against the scary defense of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I have a difficult decision and I need to be sure on this one.

 

anyone....why should I go with Joe?  Thanks

 

Without knowing who your alternatives are... Mixon looks like an elite talent to me. Volume should be there. He’s becoming the focal point of the offense. Antonio Brown might not play. It’s Monday Night Football.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, smeeze said:

 

Without knowing who your alternatives are... Mixon looks like an elite talent to me. Volume should be there. He’s becoming the focal point of the offense. Antonio Brown might not play. It’s Monday Night Football.

 

Thank you for this. It was between him and Drake. I ended up taking Mixon because I too think the MNF thing is huge. Brings out the best in the star offensive players. 

Edited by TennisMenace
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

 

Thank you for this. It was between him and Drake. I ended up taking Mixon because I too think the MNF thing is huge. Brings out the best in the star offensive players. 

Hopefully it brings out the best in his O line.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, USWAY said:

Gronk now this, having the bye has never been as important as it is to me this year. 

 

same.

Gronk + Mixon just turned into Engram + Alfred Morris.

Nice to have depth... but this is soul crushing. Mixon was just beginning to really find his stride, and become the complete stud many envisioned.

 

Fingers crossed it's nothing too serious. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had a bad feeling he would get injured tonight......all I wanted was for him to just get through this game healthy. I didn’t even need for him to go off......just do enough to build confidence. 

 

You know it’s weird, as much as LBell runs, why does he never seem to get concussed?  Why do some people seem to stay healthy while others get injured all the time? 

 

Im just rambling......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

I had a bad feeling he would get injured tonight......all I wanted was for him to just get through this game healthy. I didn’t even need for him to go off......just do enough to build confidence. 

 

You know it’s weird, as much as LBell runs, why does he never seem to get concussed?  Why do some people seem to stay healthy while others get injured all the time? 

 

Im just rambling......

Don’t get it. I just hope it’s nothing too serious and comes back Sunday . “Hope”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TennisMenace said:

I had a bad feeling he would get injured tonight......all I wanted was for him to just get through this game healthy. I didn’t even need for him to go off......just do enough to build confidence. 

 

You know it’s weird, as much as LBell runs, why does he never seem to get concussed?  Why do some people seem to stay healthy while others get injured all the time? 

 

Im just rambling......

Bell's been injured a lot in his short career. Bad timing with Mixon's concussion right before the playoffs, but I don't in dynasty I'll take it vs. some of the injuries Bell has suffered.

 

Also, I don't root to see any player get injured but I gotta say I did a couple fist pumps when Ju Ju rocked Burfict. Karma is a peel back block sometimes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, Chwf3rd said:

Is anybody worried about how well Gio looked?  I think that CIN still only sees Gio in a complimentary role but still a little worried that Gio earns more snaps from this performance

I am, let's see how serious the injury is though, first things first

 

Being so thin at RB you'd think they wouldn't mess around and shelve him, then again they are playing for nothing. Certainly they will pick up a back off the wire pronto if this is serious... that will give us a clue

Edited by Anteater99
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Chwf3rd said:

Is anybody worried about how well Gio looked?  I think that CIN still only sees Gio in a complimentary role but still a little worried that Gio earns more snaps from this performance

 

I was never sure why Cinci hasn’t used him more, especially when the running game was abysmal. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, dlee33701 said:

Safe to drop?

 

 He is most likely out this week and if he comes back week 15, he's got a road matchup against an elite run defense in the Vikings. So if you need the roster spot, you could but he does have a great Week 16 matchup at home versus the Lions, who've allowed the 2nd most rushing TDs all season. I'm holding in the two leagues I have him and trying to get Gio to cover my bases for this week.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, TennisMenace said:

 

I was never sure why Cinci hasn’t used him more, especially when the running game was abysmal. 

they were using him. And he was averaging 2.9ypc up until that Browns game. That line was ATROCIOUS 

Edited by Chippa
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

On 11/27/2017 at 2:33 PM, TennisMenace said:

What happened to the worst OL in the NFL? Why the optimism now? 

 

On 11/27/2017 at 11:33 AM, Chippa said:

Their offensive line is still crap. This game was an abberation. There’s 0 evidence that the line sustains that performance for the rest of the season. 

15 minutes ago, Chippa said:

That line was ATROCIOUS 

 

The O-line is better now guys, we should celebrate

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...