NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Joe Mixon 2017 Outlook

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, Chwf3rd said:

Is anybody worried about how well Gio looked?  I think that CIN still only sees Gio in a complimentary role but still a little worried that Gio earns more snaps from this performance

IDK...Mixon wasn't looking too bad when he was in either.

Probably could go either way but Gio could just as easily come out next week and have 10 carries for 20 yards or something.

It's a bummer though as I had planned to play Mixon over K Hunt this week and now it looks like that plan is out the window and I'm left getting 6-8 points from Hunt with no TD's.

I would be shocked if he's cleared.  Average number of days a player is in the protocol is 8.  Jake Elliott and Davante Adams are the only players this season to be cleared same week I believe. 

Throw in the short week and the fact he was knocked out cold and went full T-Rex arms, I think you can safely count him out this week.

13 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

I would be shocked if he's cleared.  Average number of days a player is in the protocol is 8.  Jake Elliott and Davante Adams are the only players this season to be cleared same week I believe. 

Throw in the short week and the fact he was knocked out cold and went full T-Rex arms, I think you can safely count him out this week.

Davante Adams last year was concussed, cleared the protocol in time for TNF and beasted in that game. Too early to tell about Mixon.

10 minutes ago, joshua18 said:

Davante Adams last year was concussed, cleared the protocol in time for TNF and beasted in that game. Too early to tell about Mixon.

He also got his head taken off against the Bears and came back same week.  I would say he is an anomaly though.  Everyone reacts differently but odds are against him.

Cincy is 5-7 and while not mathematically out of the playoffs by any stretch, the odds of them leapfrogging multiple teams - including the Ravens - is unlikely. So I can see them just playing it safe with Mixon if there is any uncertainty over his condition given the faint playoff hopes. Even if they did want to win and have hopes of a postseason run, Gio did quite well and they are at home versus the 3-9 Bears, who is much better at home than on the road. So this is a very winnable game regardless of who they throw out at RB anyhow.

I doubt Mixon plays. More so because I don't think he'll be cleared in time versus anything I said above.

21 minutes ago, ludawg23 said:

He also got his head taken off against the Bears and came back same week.  I would say he is an anomaly though.  Everyone reacts differently but odds are against him.

I think that one he had 10 days to recover since he got injured in a thursday night game.

2 hours ago, theSPANKER said:

Hmmmm......Gio is looking like the more appealing option over Barber based on info/speculation provided here.  

Even when Doug comes back Barber is still going to be the guy, most assuredly.

Gio will be the guy until Joe comes back, and maybe even after Joe comes back. And maybe Joe never comes back this season.

One option above doesn't have a lot of question marks. I'll put that option higher on my waiver wire claim list

2 hours ago, Anteater99 said:

Gio will be the guy until Joe comes back, and maybe even after Joe comes back. And maybe Joe never comes back this season.

One option above doesn't have a lot of question marks. I'll put that option higher on my waiver wire claim list

Don't keep us in suspense ...which option is it since neither is clear cut ?

54 minutes ago, howlin' 2 said:

Don't keep us in suspense ...which option is it since neither is clear cut ?

Sorry I thought it was being clear. The option that doesn't have all the question marks attached is Barber. Even if Doug comes back they already know what they have in him and this year it wasn't much, Barber is the future and will be the guy. Gio is going to be a fill in until mixon comes back and maybe he never does but that's still a ? - will Gio take snaps away from mixon when he comes back or go back to a 3rd down back? another question mark

thats the way i always order my waiver wire claims. more certain guys first. doesnt always work out that way.

exception would be if gio was o an rams-caliber offense but as far as that goes tampa and cinci are a wash

Edited by Anteater99

Concussion protocol, team out of contention, MINN (2nd BEST run D last four week) in week 15. I dropped him for Barber. Risky, sure. But if you lose this week, your team won't be around when he plays DET (2nd WORST run D last four week) in week 16 anyway. Win this week, and figure out next week, next week.

15 hours ago, Anteater99 said:

Barber has just as many question marks as Gio, you could even argue that he has more.  This is purely your opinion.  Please try not to give advice like it's fact when it's not.