NBC Sports Edge Forums

Samaje Perine 2017 Season Outlook

38 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

The total rushing yards allowed is a function of defending the most attempts in the league.  The fact that this D owns the 8th best ypa despite being on the field more than any other unit in the league confirms just how stout the front 7 really is.  And you are totally ignoring Foster's and Reid's returns to the unit.  I suspect that their presence will be quite visible Sunday.

They do defend the 4th most attempts per game in the league. But I don’t see that changing for this game. Redskins are big favorites and should be playing with a lead in this one. 

Obviously there is no telling how having Foster and Reid back will help. But they both played week one and Stewart and McCaffery both had their best rushing games of the year against them (which isn’t saying that much).

I guess I’m not buying their front 7 as much as some. I think the reason they have held opponents to a low ypc is because they faced teams that have struggled to run. As I listed before they played 3 of the bottom 5 teams in terms of ypc and nobody in the top half of the league (until now). Most every team they played had their most productive ground game against them. 

I plan to roll Perine out on a week with byes he is a decent option. Should get lots of work against a team for whatever the reasons are has allowed lots of fantasy points to running backs. 

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After tomorrow's game, the NFL will have a new household name.  Everyone is going to have to learn to pronounce it correctly.

Mr. Kelley will be a thing of the past.

Perine's ceiling is limited while Thompson is in the mix.  Perine seems like a high floor guy (5 points+) with a modest ceiling as well.  I don't see him getting over 15 touches, but he could go off with the 15 he does get.  He's a solid flex play for sure.  

ESPN's Dan Graziano reports Redskins LT Trent Williams (questionable, knee) will play Week 6 against the 49ers.

Williams injured his knee in Week 4 against Kansas City but will get the green light for Sunday after having the bye week to heal up. He's had a productive year, earning PFF's No. 14 grade out of 71 qualifiers at tackle.

Boost to Perine.

Home game, heavy favorites, coach's confidence, steady improvement, early down workhorse, his stock is trending up.

Prediction:
20 carries 84 yards TD
1 catch 5 yards
Edited by DeepDive
3 hours ago, Br0kenB said:

He's a horrible runner. Hopefully the bye week got him going somehow. But some of the projections in here are ridiculous.

Why would 23/100/1 or even 2 be a shock? I wouldn't predict it but TDs are very flukey and it's not like the yardage is anything insane.

2 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

Why would 23/100/1 or even 2 be a shock? I wouldn't predict it but TDs are very flukey and it's not like the yardage is anything insane.

That would be over 4 YPC which he doesn't look too capable of pulling on that amount of carries.

2 minutes ago, Br0kenB said:

That would be over 4 YPC which he doesn't look too capable of pulling on that amount of carries.

4 YPC is not even very good. All he needs is one or two holes to open up for 25 yards  against what I believe is a very below average defense and then he can suck rest of game. Plus, he is a rookie and he wasn't some kind of prodigy coming out of college. Too soon to write him off compared to someone like Turbin for example who is a proven career JAG

Edited by Gohawks
13 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

I’m hoping this is not the Chris Thompson show today but the stats seem to indicate this. Go Perine......bust out baby!!!!!!

The Thompson show has no direct impact on the Perine show. He's not going to sniff double digit carries. What he does with the ones he gets and on 3rd down doesn't hurt Perine and in fact can benefit him.