NBC Sports Edge Forums

Samaje Perine 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, machine3 said:

Wasn't watching the game, but curious. Whose fault was Cousin's early fumble? Perine was 2 for 9, and didnt see another touch after that. And they kept "feeding" Fat Rob. 

I was stunned when Cousins was charged with the fumble. It looked like PEEEEE-boy coughed it up uncontested in live action. I never did see a replay though.

Perine had his arms closed before the hand off even happened. Made me think it was a scripted PA play. Considering he saw no time after and he looked good in his limited action... Maybe not.

EDIT: It really pisses me off how hypocritical Gruden is with fumbles though. Some go in the dog house for eternity meanwhile Thompson couldn't hang on to it in the 49ers game and is given free leash. The dude is rookie, they are going to make mistakes it's part of the learning process. 

May be wrong on the 49ers it was either that game or the last. 

Edited by Dirtywater97
On 11/5/2017 at 9:22 PM, Dirtywater97 said:

Perine had his arms closed before the hand off even happened. Made me think it was a scripted PA play. Considering he saw no time after and he looked good in his limited action... Maybe not.

EDIT: It really pisses me off how hypocritical Gruden is with fumbles though. Some go in the dog house for eternity meanwhile Thompson couldn't hang on to it in the 49ers game and is given free leash. The dude is rookie, they are going to make mistakes it's part of the learning process. 

he didn't just fumble, but he failed to open his hands to receive a handoff and before fail to catch an easy pitch, he doesn't seem to break any tackles for a brusier. I think his mind is not in the game of football and is wasting his talent 

On 11/5/2017 at 9:22 PM, Dirtywater97 said:

The guy has been part of a fumble almost every chance he’s gotten 

Rob Kelley suffered a high-ankle sprain and an MCL sprain Week 10 against the Vikings.

A high-ankle sprain alone can keep a running back out for over a month, and it is possible Kelley's recovery is complicated by the knee injury. With Kelley out for at least the foreseeable future, Samaje Perine needs to be added in all formats.

Nov 13 - 12:46 PM

Do you think Perine has any value now with Rob Kelley out?  Or is this a situation to avoid?

13 minutes ago, Zig Zag said:

Do you think Perine has any value now with Rob Kelley out?  Or is this a situation to avoid?

He should be owned, but start only if desperate. He's not a big play guy and his volume will be held down by the presence of Chris Thompson.  

He's basically a TD or bust guy, but should see 10-12 touches a game with Kelley out.

Perine looked really good with his few carries against Minnesota, although he did get stuffed at the goalline.  But Jay Gruden and Kirk Cousins are love with getting Chris Thompson, so Perine's chances are going to be limited.

Fat Rob predictably went down again, and it looked really bad. Most likely IR or multiple weeks.

Their OL is finally getting healthy, which it hasn't been all year. And that's a damn good OL if you already forgot.

Perine averaging 4 ypc over his last 3 games. Can't help myself but I'm ALL-IN again!

Here we go again...

perine.jpg

I would rather have Perine than some of the other waiver wire RBs out there.  Perine is in a similar spot to Jamal Williams, but Perine is on a better team with a better o-line.

Edited by SharkSwimmer
3 minutes ago, iheartrubio said:

...I think Perine will do fine.

Urinerine has 66 carries this year for 210 yards. That's a 3.2 YPC.

Urinerine's longest run this year (66 carries remember): 12 yards.

To his credit Urinerine has 6 catches for 55 yards (9YPC). Unfortunately that is in 9 games. He caught a 25 yarder on one of those catches.

He has one solitary TD this year - on the ground. And a fumble.

He played pretty well when the guy I was against in week 6 picked him up on a whim and played him in his FLEX.

9/23/0  rushing

3/3/24/1 receiving

As bad as they were, Lat Murray and AD have been serviceable flex starts later on.