NBC Sports EDGE Forums

Samaje Perine 2017 Season Outlook

boltup15

Nobody here is denying he has opportunity, but other than last week the Redskins haven't shown much ability to run the ball effectively.  Perine had opportunities to take the job from Rob Kelly earlier in the year when Kelley was dealing with nagging injuries and he failed miserably.  You're not going to find a much better add this late in the season, but to call him a top 10 RB the rest of the way is a bit of an over reaction.  I happily have this guy stashed on the bench as my RB4 and am hoping he can continue the success he had last week, but let's calm down a little bit before we start calling this guy an RB1. 

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, oliminator123 said:

Oh look. It's the typical "you aren't overhyping my free agent add and overreacting about everything like me so you must have missed out on getting that player" logic. 

I don't want him because I don't need a plodding running back. I have Gurley, McCoy and Dion Lewis who have much higher upside than Perine. Why make a claim for a JAG unless you are truly desperate?

I guess you just aren't getting it.  You seem to confuse the difference between fantasy stats vs real life as well.  I also upgrade all positions if possible even bench players.  For example I had Chris Ivory on the bench due to the Fournette situation=Upgraded now (in one of my leagues).  Or some of us have our RB2 as people like Doug Martin or Lamar Miller who are on crap teams, with crap offenses.  Not everyone has a Gurley/McCoy combo because perhaps we went Brown/Gurley.  Stop pretending we should all follow your lead because you have Gurley/McCoy.

2 minutes ago, KuNiT21 said:

I guess you just aren't getting it.  You seem to confuse the difference between fantasy stats vs real life as well.  I also upgrade all positions if possible even bench players.  For example I had Chris Ivory on the bench due to the Fournette situation=Upgraded now (in one of my leagues).  Or some of us have our RB2 as people like Doug Martin or Lamar Miller who are on crap teams, with crap offenses.  Not everyone has a Gurley/McCoy combo because perhaps we went Brown/Gurley.  Stop pretending we should all follow your lead because you have Gurley/McCoy.

If you sit calling him a potential RB2 I have no problem with it. My post was more in reference to the guy who had him ranked right behind Kamara/McCoy, which is ridiculous. 

8 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Don't like the schedule, but can't complain about the opportunity. 

RBs and WRs are more affected by their own situations than their schedule, for what it's worth. If he's good and the Skins are good and that suddenly healthy line is good, he'll be a crucial fantasy player down the stretch. 

Too many people in here just go to the last page and just voice their comments.

If you guys actually went through the thread you would have saw the signs of his breakout performance coming and not be so quick to write him off. Lazy owners though that don't want to do their homework.

So, because of that I'm not going to bother responding to most of these comments. The reason he looked one way to begin the season, and the reason he looked amazing last week is pretty cut and dry. It all has already has been discussed in previous posts and pages.

55 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Wow you guys are some optimistic in here, watched him earlier this year and he looked like a JAG. He has the opportunity for some nice volume but I doubt he becomes a league winner. 

23 rushes / 117 yards / 1 TD last week, so there's reason to be optimistic. He also held onto the ball (huge) and caught a pass for 10 yards. While the Saints have been tougher against the pass than the run, it's still a solid performance against a respectable defense. He was given the shot and he took it. Also, the offense is performing well, and now that Cousins is connecting with Crowder (finally), and Doctson, and VDavis, the balanced attack helps Perine. I wouldn't say he's an exceptional talent, but he's talent enough (and opportunity enough) to utilize in the playoffs successfully.

3 minutes ago, Tomy said:

Problem is he is questionnable! So will he play? At 100%? 

They'll cut off his finger if it's a problem---may have performed well with only 9 fingers (e.g. Jerry Garcia).

I think he'll perform solidly.  I think if you're grabbing him to be your RB1 you may be disappointed; key word may.  He's the type of player that can put your team over the hump because you'll never get a guy that has this new opportunity so late in a season. 

20 minutes ago, Dirtywater97 said:

If you guys actually went through the thread you would have saw the signs of his breakout performance coming and not be so quick to write him off. Lazy owners though that don't want to do their homework.

So, because of that I'm not going to bother responding to most of these comments. The reason he looked one way to begin the season, and the reason he looked amazing last week is pretty cut and dry. It all has already has been discussed in previous posts and pages.

Wait so you're telling me that extrapolating a rookie RB's future / career production based on his first couple of games, isn't sound reasoning? 

Get your logic outta here! ;)

27 minutes ago, LongBalls said:

Don't like the schedule, but can't complain about the opportunity. 

RE: schedule

W12 - Giants atrocious defense seems to be playing to get McAdoodoo fired.   Giants should be down 2 scores or more by the half.  Washington will pound Perine at them to control the clock.

W13 - Nothing scary about the Cowboys w/o Sean Lee.  Same thing here.  Dallas will struggle to keep up on the scoreboard and gameflow should benefit Perine.

W14 - Chargers can be had on the ground and are hard to throw on.  Unless LAC gets up big on WAS early, then Perine should see plenty of touches there too.

W15 - vs ARI, toughest match-up from a DEF perspective, their rookie SS Budda Baker is the truth.  That said the ARI O is unlikely to run away with it.

W16 - v Denver who have been a toothless middling stop unit for a while now.  

Based on the info we have at the moment, the only week I'd hesitate starting him is W15.  Otherwise he's an easy FLEX++ start in my opinion.

1 hour ago, jayhova123 said:

He is an RB2. Off the waiver wire this late in the season that is pretty good. Can we all agree?

It depends on your roster maybe Perine is only a flex option

1 hour ago, Dirtywater97 said:

So what is your opinion of Perine .....

There were signs that pointed that Perine was going to breakout with a 100 yard game? GTFO 

Washington has not run the ball well all season. 

8 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

It depends on your roster maybe Perine is only a flex option

So what is your opinion of Perine .....

There were signs that pointed that Perine was going to breakout with a 100 yard game? GTFO 

Washington has not run the ball well all season. 

75-90 yards and a TD with upside? Absolutely.

I was hyping him up the week before he broke out saying people were overlooking him.

I'm not going to do the work for you man, go back and educate yourself. I have voiced my opinions on him and numerous others have with some good insight many times in this thread.

Edited by Dirtywater97