NBC Sports Edge Forums

Samaje Perine 2017 Season Outlook

Continues to impress after looking like a bum early in the season.  And to think he is doing this behind a makeshift line.  When Moses wasn't in Perine ran behind a third string center, three other backups and Scherff.  Gotta give all credit in the world to OL coach Bill Callahan.

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earlier in this thread I was telling someone to simmer down before calling Perine an RB1 going forward, but he might've been right.  I can't think of 12 guys that I can confidently say will put up better numbers than Perine these last 5 games.  He's definitely in the conversation of falling somewhere between the top 10-20

On 9/13/2017 at 4:31 PM, CooL said:

My point is that sometimes you know your guy isn't good, but he's the guy you have, so you keep holding on to hope that he will become the man or be better.  And if you keep repeating it, then you'll start to believe.  If you were able to exchange Perine for Cohen or Buck Allen would you even be in this thread?  No, you'd love that your horse is now hitched to somebody whose arrow is pointing upwards.  I don't see anything promising about this situation, and if I'm wrong I'll eat some crow.  I'll revisit in four weeks to see if I'm right. 

It's almost like the position is very volatile. 

I was a little nervous after he had that ugly drop in the 1st qtr...but he looks like he's a competent receiver out of the BF. Weeks 15-16 are ugly, but I'm just happy to have a guy who's going to get the rock 20+ and mostly likely the RZ/GL too. 

I'm hoping this game is his avg (although I'd certainly take higher). In his 1st 2 full games (WAY small sample size, I know) he's put up 18.3 & 13 and averaging 4.6 ypc...I'll take it. In my league, if yer putting up 12ppg yer in the top 10-12...Let's just hope he keeps getting fed, stays healthy and productive. 

53 minutes ago, Tomy said:

What about his game against dallas ? Big game for him ?

i have lewis too, so what do you think about Perine ´s game ?

I'm starting him ahead of Fournette if that answers your q.

Better offense, opposing defense can't sell out to stop the run, and no Yeldon type back to steal touches when they fall behind.

Edited by BurgundyBooger
56 minutes ago, Tomy said:

What about his game against dallas ? Big game for him ?

i have lewis too, so what do you think about Perine ´s game ?

I also have Lewis and am starting them both, but if I had to choose only one I'd go with Perine just because he doesn't have to share as much of the workload as Lewis and Belichek could decide at any moment he wants to feature Burkhead, Gilleslee, J White, or even Jonas Gray.  I also have Freeman against MN and am leaving him on my bench this week.  

2 hours ago, TommyKramer said:

I also have Lewis and am starting them both, but if I had to choose only one I'd go with Perine just because he doesn't have to share as much of the workload as Lewis and Belichek could decide at any moment he wants to feature Burkhead, Gilleslee, J White, or even Jonas Gray.  I also have Freeman against MN and am leaving him on my bench this week.  

I have lewis, perine and hyde! You can help me here please 

1 hour ago, oresteszero said:

Anyone rolling him out this week in PPR leagues?

He looked very good last week, and I think this week will be more or less the same.

Still deciding whether to start him over Fournette (.5 PPR).

Fournette is the better back by far, but Samaje is a healthier workhorse who's in a better offense and he doesn't have a Yeldon at his heels. Classic case of Talent vs. Situation.

Edited by BurgundyBooger
3 hours ago, oresteszero said:

Anyone rolling him out this week in PPR leagues?

He looked very good last week, and I think this week will be more or less the same.

I'm playing Perine over Freeman in a PPR1. Freeman is a better back but he's facing the #1 run D this week and the RBBC split might be closer to 50/50 this week seeing as this is is first game back from a concussion. 

Cowboys are beat up and without Lee they're going to have a hard time doing much on Defense.