NBC Sports Edge Forums

Samaje Perine 2017 Season Outlook

6 hours ago, devaster said:

That is just looking at the box score. He was getting receptions in 2nd/3rd and really long situations and still getting 8-10 yards. And then later in the game he was getting catches that had no chance to go anywhere. His first 3 catches of the game looked great, despite him having no chance of generating many yards. He generated 22 yards on those first 3 catches and was making defenders miss in obvious dump offs.

Ok whatever you say bro, I think youre mistaken him for Perine but ok.

• Replies 783
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perine has the highest DVOA rating for backs catching with 8-23 catches at 64.5% that is Chris Thompson / Austin Ekeler territory for the league lead if he had more catches to qualify. That is also not counting this past game. The dude can catch and run in space.

How are we feeling about Perine going into this week's matchup with the Charger's burnable front line? 

Would definitely start him with no hesitation if it werent for all that depleted Redskins offensive line. Any takes on whether or not he'll be a trustworthy option? 

5 minutes ago, J Boogie said:

How are we feeling about Perine going into this week's matchup with the Charger's burnable front line? 

Would definitely start him with no hesitation if it werent for all that depleted Redskins offensive line. Any takes on whether or not he'll be a trustworthy option? 

Rolling with him.  He had a good game during the shootout with NO.  With the Chargers' pass rush, I bet Gruden leans more on Perine (if game script allows him) so that  the subs along the O-line do more run blocking than pass pro.  

Bottom line -- as long as the Skins can stay reasonably close on the scoreboard, Perine will eat.

1 minute ago, J Boogie said:

Chargers haven't been great against the run and I'm kind of thinking the Redskins best way to stay in the game would be by running and trying to control the clock.  On the flip side though, the Chargers could jump out ahead and create a poor game script for Perine.

I don't know yet.  I'm personally debating Perine, Bernard and Diggs as I need to start 2 of them.  If Mixon is out, think I have to play Bernard and then decide between Perine/Diggs.  It isn't a PPR league.  I'm leaning toward Perine for some reason.  I just feel like he'll probably get 15 carries and has shown he's also a decent enough receiver that he could catch a few balls too.  Also like that he's had some extra rest.

Doesn't feel like as good of a matchup as it looks according to fantasy points allowed though. 

8 hours ago, tts42572 said:

Chargers haven't been great against the run and I'm kind of thinking the Redskins best way to stay in the game would be by running and trying to control the clock.  On the flip side though, the Chargers could jump out ahead and create a poor game script for Perine.

I don't know yet.  I'm personally debating Perine, Bernard and Diggs as I need to start 2 of them.  If Mixon is out, think I have to play Bernard and then decide between Perine/Diggs.  It isn't a PPR league.  I'm leaning toward Perine for some reason.  I just feel like he'll probably get 15 carries and has shown he's also a decent enough receiver that he could catch a few balls too.  Also like that he's had some extra rest.

Doesn't feel like as good of a matchup as it looks according to fantasy points allowed though. 

In the same boat. 

Have Perine but recently acquired Bernard.  PPR league, so if Mixon is ruled out, gonna roll with Bernard this week.  

On 12/1/2017 at 5:14 PM, LongBalls said:

You gotta start him due to volume, but the offensive line is basically gutted and the schedule is awful. He's got the potential to lose some people FF playoff games.

I disagree the schedule is awful. At Chargers this weeks looks like the worst of it and even that's not bad but Arizona and Denver should have favorable game scripts and they can be run on.

I don't think anyone on the Redskins is startable anymore.  Maybe Zach Brown in a tackle heavy IDP league, but even he got shut down early in the 2nd half this weekend.  Assuming Perine's stomach ailment is not serious, I'd say behind that OL and with the expectation that they will be playing from way behind, he is a boom/bust RB3 at best at this point.

24 minutes ago, PackerBacker555 said:

Did he actually get hurt or no?

No he had a stomach illness, he’ll be fine for Sunday .

I get the negatives about the situation, however there Is basically zero competition for touches .  I’d rather play perine than a guy like miller vs the jags

Think i'm rolling with him as well, kicking myself for not going with CJA, but can only hope he grabs a TD or two with no other RB healthy in this offense.  Hoping game flow gives him 20-25 carries.

Marquis Goodwin is my other option at flex, trying to figure out if I should go safe play with Perine or potential boom of Goodwin

30 minutes ago, bbrinker05 said:

Think i'm rolling with him as well, kicking myself for not going with CJA, but can only hope he grabs a TD or two with no other RB healthy in this offense.  Hoping game flow gives him 20-25 carries.

Marquis Goodwin is my other option at flex, trying to figure out if I should go safe play with Perine or potential boom of Goodwin

not sure how you can hesitate on this one considering the output Goodwin has been putting out since Garoppolo started, that being said, wrong place to have this discussion. As for Perine, I'm banking on WAS taking the lead in this one and Perine being pretty much the only option left to run the ball

He is start-able imo depending on options. Per Silva:

As Thompson fill-in Byron Marshall (hamstring) left last week’s loss to the Chargers and is now on I.R., Samaje Perine dominated Week 14 usage with 21 touches on a career-high 80% of the snaps, unfortunately managing 52 scoreless yards in his second straight low-efficiency effort. Limiting rushing efficiency is a calling card for Arizona, which has held enemy backs to a 104/339/3.26/3 rushing line in its last five games. Even in a bad matchup, Perine is a passable RB2/flex option as a home-favorite running back with 15-plus touches in four straight games. 

On 12/15/2017 at 9:11 AM, HTXMade said:

I’m starting him.  Game script should be in his favor.  Arizona isn’t gonna score a ton of pts and i think Washington will win this handingly 

don't ever assume this team will win any game handily. 

On 12/15/2017 at 9:11 AM, HTXMade said:

I’m starting him.  Game script should be in his favor.  Arizona isn’t gonna score a ton of pts and i think Washington will win this handingly 

Skins play down to their competition. They'll get punched in the mouth early, and Kirk will be slinging it all game playing catch-up.