Jordan Reed 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, WillyG said:

Any updates on his health?

Yes,

Strained triceps shampooing in the shower and then tore his tongue brushing his teeth out for 5 weeks

but on a serious note i hope everyone who owns him has access to some type of alcoholic beverage because your nerves are going to be shot all year, you can already tell from people just wondering on health updates because theres always something

poor reed owners

Just now, kmoore1521 said:

Yes,

Strained triceps shampooing in the shower and then tore his tongue brushing his teeth out for 5 weeks

but on a serious note i hope everyone who owns him has access to some type of alcoholic beverage because your nerves are going to be shot all year, you can already tell from people just wondering on health updates because theres always something

poor reed owners

Yeah i had him last year, I know the deal. Probably will be burnt by the same flame twice. I took him late in the 5th. With Graham, Ertz, Walker, and Eifert on the board... I grabbed Fleener as a backup though. Tight ends seemed to go early this year.

3 minutes ago, WillyG said:

Yeah i had him last year, I know the deal. Probably will be burnt by the same flame twice. I took him late in the 5th. With Graham, Ertz, Walker, and Eifert on the board... I grabbed Fleener as a backup though. Tight ends seemed to go early this year.

Fleener is going late enough that he has been someone I like to pair with Reed. I want someone with upside and in a good passing offense the weeks that Reed is out.

Only problem is, they both have a week 5 bye.

50 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Fleener is going late enough that he has been someone I like to pair with Reed. I want someone with upside and in a good passing offense the weeks that Reed is out.

Only problem is, they both have a week 5 bye.

Didn't even notice that. But i did notice a lot of my players have the same bye week. Week 9 I have Bell, J.Howard, and B.Cooks out. Should be interesting.

2 hours ago, BigStuck said:

I took him in the 5th and would again all day. He could get hurt or he could eat a four course meal this season. Gotta take some risks and missing on a 5th rounder shouldn't kill you. 

Never had the pleasure of owning him(sarcasm) but he was there in the 6th and I figured the risk was well worth it at that point.

.According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Jordan Reed has a fractured big toe and could be limited throughout the season.
Per Rapsheet, the injury has also affected other parts of Reed's foot and has "forced him to adjust the way he runs." Reed missed most of camp with the injury and had a flareup after undergoing stem cell treatment. None of it sounds promising, though Reed is expected to play through the ailment, at least for now. Vernon Davis and Niles Paul are Washington's backup tight ends.

2 minutes ago, ajs723 said:

Why would he even be out there with a fractured big toe? That seems impossible to play through. I wonder just how limited they mean by "limited". 

Snap count is the only thing I can figure, but i would like some clarity from somewhere.

1 minute ago, chud12 said:

the injury has also affected other parts of Reed's foot and has "forced him to adjust the way he runs."

e94eo_s-200x150.gif

42 minutes ago, chud12 said:

.According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Jordan Reed has a fractured big toe and could be limited throughout the season.
Per Rapsheet, the injury has also affected other parts of Reed's foot and has "forced him to adjust the way he runs." Reed missed most of camp with the injury and had a flareup after undergoing stem cell treatment. None of it sounds promising, though Reed is expected to play through the ailment, at least for now. Vernon Davis and Niles Paul are Washington's backup tight ends.

How does stuff like this not come out in the pre season. I thought he was dealing with some kind of foot sprain and had corrected it with some orthopedic insoles. Just made his to permanent DND list.

2 hours ago, wahoos1 said:

How does stuff like this not come out in the pre season. I thought he was dealing with some kind of foot sprain and had corrected it with some orthopedic insoles. Just made his to permanent DND list.

Just now making it to your DND list huh?  Good Luck if you have him.  

1 hour ago, Gandalfthecat said:

Any sign of injury should have been a complete DND flag with almost any player and especially this one. 

It's ridiculous that the Redskins listed as completely healthy and this comes out. 

Pending on whats out there you might want to cuff with Vernon Davis. 

Or Fleener if he's on WW

7 minutes ago, Butters said:

I thought it was known he had a broken toe and had surgery on it? Either way, this isn't new. 

??? This is a new injury from training camp.

He hasn't had surgery on it.

Glad I didn't draft him, as this will be horrible to play with.