NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jordan Reed 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Anteater99 said:

He practiced today with no reported setbacks and this is the best situation you will have all year to start him. shootout game against team that cant cover TE

To that point - if you have the luxury to do so - pair him w/VDavis. Easy scoop in most leagues right now. VD is perfectly capable of having a nice game himself here.

4 hours ago, Anteater99 said:

He practiced today with no reported setbacks and this is the best situation you will have all year to start him. shootout game against team that cant cover TE

He was limited in practice, so not a full go. 

10 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

late game, had to bench for Fleener. All reports I heard was that he was in a lot of pain, very questionable and probably wouldn't play. He better not play and produce!!!

I picked up cooks to decide closer to game time but I think that was right call

Reed still day to day.

Gut check: Nobody here is considering dropping Reed right?

I just noticed he was dropped in my league. As a former Eifert owner I'm thinking the future potential reward is well worth the short term risk in making Reed my primary target.

Reed has been on my DND list for several years now.  He may play well when he's on the field.  But the getting on the field seem to be the hard part with him.  And he's always at risk for an in-game injury.  Some things never change.  I suppose if you want to roster Vernon Davis that would be acceptable, but I'm not one to commit two spots to the tight end position, so for me that's not an option.

Just now, CooL said:

Reed has been on my DND list for several years now.  He may play well when he's on the field.  But the getting on the field seem to be the hard part with him.  And he's always at risk for an in-game injury.  Some things never change.  I suppose if you want to roster Vernon Davis that would be acceptable, but I'm not one to commit two spots to the tight end position, so for me that's not an option.

Well with a Monday night game you might need to roster 2. 

Jordan Reed owner, I picked up Jason Witten a week ago off waivers after his 2nd good game instead of going for Vernon Davis. With Jordan Reed's bye week in week 5 I figured I might as well get his replacement for that week now instead of rostering a TE handcuff. Week 6 I'll start the Reed/VD weekly carousel I guess.

11 minutes ago, Synyster said:

Z

Well with a Monday night game you might need to roster 2. 

Obviously. I'd say you need to roster two for the entire season, unless you're willing to drop him and pick up somebody else when he gets injured. The tough situation is these game to game scenarios. Would you be willing to drop him even if he is out only a week? Most Reed supporters would say no. Which means you have to carry a backup at all times or just take whatever bottom of the barrel options exist on waivers when needed.

On 9/25/2017 at 2:54 PM, CooL said:

Short bench?

I think Im going to try and buy low right now. I don't love the situation or how Reed has been trending so far this year but the waiver wire TE's or really all TE's not named Gronk, Kelce, Ertz & Walker have been abysmal to this point. There's some hope(even if its small) that Reed gets healthy by week 7 or 8 and can give you 5-6 great games for the playoff run. 

In a 10 teamer, do you think Reed is worth the hold? I hate carrying 2 TE and I have E. Engram. I know his production when he is playing is very good but with all the injuries and uncertainty and TE not being a game winning position most times, its hard to get a grasp on his value as of now with multiple issues. Id like to pick up another stash like D. Foreman who would be riding the Pine as well but Miller is injury prone too which could possibly put him in a position to win weeks for you. Just figured Id get your thoughts.

Last I heard, reed is still day to day and with a monday night matchup, my fuse is shortening.

22 hours ago, Zekepeak86 said:

In a 10 teamer, do you think Reed is worth the hold? I hate carrying 2 TE and I have E. Engram. I know his production when he is playing is very good but with all the injuries and uncertainty and TE not being a game winning position most times, its hard to get a grasp on his value as of now with multiple issues. Id like to pick up another stash like D. Foreman who would be riding the Pine as well but Miller is injury prone too which could possibly put him in a position to win weeks for you. Just figured Id get your thoughts.

Last I heard, reed is still day to day and with a monday night matchup, my fuse is shortening.

I would find it hard to drop him now. Admittedly the Monday night match-up is a bummer and his injury concerns are not ideal but it is too early to flat out drop him less than a quarter of the way through the season. Someone will pick him up and stash him for a few weeks and if he gets a few healthy games together it will make you pay.

TE may not be a winning position but Reed gives you the only chance you've got of making that statement false down the line, and for that - it is worth holding for now IMO. 

On 9/27/2017 at 10:00 AM, Zekepeak86 said:

Why did you draft Reed if you weren't prepared for this?  You should have let someone else draft him if you weren't expecting to hold him through his inevitable injuries or if you didn't think you'd need to draft a strong TE2.

2 minutes ago, Trifecta said:

Why did you draft Reed if you weren't prepared for this?  You should have let someone else draft him if you weren't expecting to hold him through his inevitable injuries or if you didn't think you'd need to draft a strong TE2.

TBH I wasnt prepared. I went into this years draft with doing 0 research since I have had other priorities. He also was around late in the draft since i bet he was on everyones DND list lol. Im gonna hold for now. Engram should be fine with such a high volume passing offense.

1 hour ago, Zekepeak86 said:

TBH I wasnt prepared. I went into this years draft with doing 0 research since I have had other priorities. He also was around late in the draft since i bet he was on everyones DND list lol. Im gonna hold for now. Engram should be fine with such a high volume passing offense.

Other priorities????

If you got time to post on a fantasy football forum you got time to do fantasy football research.

Were you deployed on a nuclear submarine?

Involved in hurricane relief efforts?

Pulling extra over time to cover down as an emergency room doctor?

Gave birth to a child?

Had to take care of multiple children?

Mololollol

Fantasy football is THE priority.