NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jordan Reed 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, bonezi89 said:

I don't understand why owners don't just grab Davis and chill. Yeah it's kind of annoying having to waste an extra roster spot but to me it puts you in a position to have a solid TE1 with elite upside every game. 

I agree - I'm considering a trade for Reed b/c of this very reason

13 hours ago, bonezi89 said:

I don't understand why owners don't just grab Davis and chill. Yeah it's kind of annoying having to waste an extra roster spot but to me it puts you in a position to have a solid TE1 with elite upside every game. 

You are correct but, personally, I cannot figure out what to do with my bench. In my 12 man standard, put up 90 with 7 players - no Reed and no kicker. Was not intentional, did not know waiver closed with beginning of Sunday games. I just feel like I can't drop any of my bench guys, though I'll bite the bullet and lose C. Davis for V. Davis. Too much potential damage/need-filling for other teams. Might trade Tate to an 0-3 guy for a kicker...

I'm learning that with Reed you've got to have a certain type of roster - you need to have need for his ceiling,  which makes his floor tolerable. Unfortunately sometimes  (teams) just need consistent 5-10 points from the TE. Reed's not a good fit in that situation. 

If you have a boom-potential roster (guys like Martavis, Alshon, Howard, Parker, Thompson, Gillislee, Wilson, etc) I think you're best served trying to move him for another piece and picking up a low ceiling / middle floor TE.

Just a thought reflecting on my first experience as a Reed owner.

3 hours ago, SadFaceHappy said:

You are correct but, personally, I cannot figure out what to do with my bench. In my 12 man standard, put up 90 with 7 players - no Reed and no kicker. Was not intentional, did not know waiver closed with beginning of Sunday games. I just feel like I can't drop any of my bench guys, though I'll bite the bullet and lose C. Davis for V. Davis. Too much potential damage/need-filling for other teams. Might trade Tate to an 0-3 guy for a kicker...

I'm learning that with Reed you've got to have a certain type of roster - you need to have need for his ceiling,  which makes his floor tolerable. Unfortunately sometimes  (teams) just need consistent 5-10 points from the TE. Reed's not a good fit in that situation. 

If you have a boom-potential roster (guys like Martavis, Alshon, Howard, Parker, Thompson, Gillislee, Wilson, etc) I think you're best served trying to move him for another piece and picking up a low ceiling / middle floor TE.

Just a thought reflecting on my first experience as a Reed owner.

I do things unconventional at times, sometimes they pay off, sometimes they don't.  I tried trading Reed, but no one was biting in a ten team league. Let's face it, Reed is injured often, so you might play him and get a goose egg. Because I own ERTZ I decided to drop Reed in order to pick up a second qb- DWatson.  I did not want to drop CDavis because my WRs are my weakest point.  And, like you mentioned, I have two boom or bust WRs which means I need a few more to add stability. I have never played Reed and probably won't as long as Ertz is healthy, so bye bye Jordan.  From my bench to the streets. I hope CDavis and DWatson make me glad I kept them instead of him. 

Edited by TennisMenace
14 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

I do things unconventional at times, sometimes they pay off, sometimes they don't.  I tried trading Reed, but no one was biting in a ten team league. Let's face it, Reed is injured often, so you might play him and get a goose egg. Because I own ERTZ I decided to drop Reed in order to pick up a second qb- DWatson.  I did not want to drop CDavis because my WRs are my weakest point.  And, like you mentioned, I have two boom or bust WRs which means I need a few more to add stability. I have never played Reed and probably won't as long as Ertz is healthy, so bye bye Jordan.  From my bench to the streets. I hope CDavis and DWatson make me glad I kept them instead of him. 

If you have Ertz, you have the 2nd best TE in the league. Maybe 3rd or 4th by years end, but definitely top 5. No need for Reed, just wasted roster spot. My only draft regret this year is not sticking to my guns on Ertz. No reason to take Reed over him in the 6th. It was evident at the end of last year that Wentz loves him.

Hated dropping C. Davis for V. Davis, but I'm crowded at WR - Parker, Alshon, Martavis, Tate - and might even trade Tate for a kicker.

Time to man up and part with I piece or two I really like so I can crawl out of this 1-2 hole.

I am jealous of all Ertz owners.

12 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

If you have Ertz, you have the 2nd best TE in the league. Maybe 3rd or 4th by years end, but definitely top 5. No need for Reed, just wasted roster spot. My only draft regret this year is not sticking to my guns on Ertz. No reason to take Reed over him in the 6th. It was evident at the end of last year that Wentz loves him.

Hated dropping C. Davis for V. Davis, but I'm crowded at WR - Parker, Alshon, Martavis, Tate - and might even trade Tate for a kicker.

Time to man up and part with I piece or two I really like so I can crawl out of this 1-2 hole.

I am jealous of all Ertz owners.

Thanks mate. Sorry about your dilemma. Yes, Ertz has been consistent and now Reed is cut. Glad to know one person out sees wisdom as I do. Ha

http://www.cetusnews.com/news/Kirk-Cousins-absent-from-Redskins-practice-as-he-awaits-the-birth-of-his-child.SkRLv_xQNnjb.html

Tight end Jordan Reed (rib/sternum), running back Rob Kelley (rib), linebacker Mason Foster (shoulder), safety D.J. Swearinger (hamstring), wide receiver Jamison Crowder (hamstring) and defensive lineman Jonathan Allen (shoulder) were all limited.

6 minutes ago, Kung Pow 34 said:

I have Reed, Engram and dropped Davis after last game in hopes he'd still be there on waivers if need be before the Monday Nighter.Tough decision whether to just roll with Engram or chance it going into MNF. Yahoo, so I can drop someone for Davis right before the game if Reed doesn't go

I also have Reed and Engram. TB is banged up. Should be a good match for EE.  Reed will be on my bench. Easy call. 

2 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

Reed practiced today. Insider saying reed is playing.

Sooooo tempted.

is anyone else insane enough to start him without having V Davis on the roster?

I'm going to roll him out there this week. Only reason I feel totally comfortable taking this gamble is because I had Rodgers and Jordy blast off on Thursday night. 

Talented guy with a very unique skill set and he has the trust of his quarterback. That being said he has always had trouble staying on the field. In hindsight I regret not drafting Ertz a round later then Reed but I still think if this guy can get healthy he can be a top 5 option ROS. Even Kelce has two duds. Outside of Gronk, Ertz, Kelce, and Walker I wouldn't take another tight end over him. I kind of wish the team would hold him out until he's as close to fully healthy as possible because he could be on a lot of championship winning teams. With the lack of quality depth at tight end position it really increases the value of consistent producers at the position. I've observed that all of the top scoring teams and/or 3-0 teams either have Kareem Hunt or Gronk which is further evidence how crucial or beneficial it is to have production at TE.

Walker isn't doing great either. Lack of RZ targets. Mariota is going elsewhere.

Reed has a great situation because Pryor is a bust. Chris Johnson must be their leading receiver. Once he gets healthy he should have a very big role. Yes I know that is a total setup for a joke about how he's always hurt.

4 minutes ago, Anteater99 said:

Walker isn't doing great either. Lack of RZ targets. Mariota is going elsewhere.

Reed has a great situation because Pryor is a bust. Chris Johnson must be their leading receiver. Once he gets healthy he should have a very big role. Yes I know that is a total setup for a joke about how he's always hurt.

Chris Thompson * is their leading WR. Cousins has great rapport with Reed. He seems to be close to full health since he put in practice work every day this week. Even before Washington overhauled their pass catchers Reed was Cousins guy. 

In PPR Delanies done 15, 16, 7. That's pretty damn good when looking at how inconsistent the production at the position is. Can you name 5 tight ends you'd rather have over him?

Edited by CrastersCreep
25 minutes ago, CrastersCreep said:

Chris Thompson * is their leading WR. Cousins has great rapport with Reed. He seems to be close to full health since he put in practice work every day this week. Even before Washington overhauled their pass catchers Reed was Cousins guy. 

In PPR Delanies done 15, 16, 7. That's pretty damn good when looking at how inconsistent the production at the position is. Can you name 5 tight ends you'd rather have over him?

Gronk, Kelce, Ertz, John Mackey, Diiiiitka.

Edited by Anteater99
On Saturday, September 30, 2017 at 1:31 AM, SuperJoint said:

Vernon Davis is the superior player here in 2017.

Is it weird that I kinda have a desire for Reed to simply get shut down for the season so that I can just drop him and be done with it?

Yea, it's weird - but I can't deny that part of me would feel nothing but relief if that 'IR' tag popped up next to his name sometime in the next week or two.

3 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Is it weird that I kinda have a desire for Reed to simply get shut down for the season so that I can just drop him and be done with it?

Yea, it's weird - but I can't deny that part of me would feel nothing but relief if that 'IR' tag popped up next to his name sometime in the next week or two.

i take it this is your first year owning him.