NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marlon Mack 2017 Season Outlook

7 minutes ago, joey0480 said:

Yeah I am curious how they utilize him with Turbin done, or if Matt Jones steps in and gains a good number of the reps

pagano is absolutely stupid enough to give Matt jones more carries instead of Mack’. What a terribly run organization. Pagano is a moron

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colts liked to use Turbin as COP/GL/receiver, so how does Mack fit in now with Turbin out? I saw he caught 20-30 balls in a given season at USF, but I wonder how he is viewed by the Colts as a pass-catcher. 

That could give his value a big boost. Is there anyone else on the roster who could catch passes? Matt Jones is awful, so I don't really count him. I think back to a few years ago when Bradshaw used to get a bunch of work while Gore served as the grinder. Bradshaw got receiving looks in the RZ and would catch a few screens/dump offs

9 minutes ago, jimithing11 said:

Colts liked to use Turbin as COP/GL/receiver, so how does Mack fit in now with Turbin out? I saw he caught 20-30 balls in a given season at USF, but I wonder how he is viewed by the Colts as a pass-catcher. 

That could give his value a big boost. Is there anyone else on the roster who could catch passes? Matt Jones is awful, so I don't really count him. I think back to a few years ago when Bradshaw used to get a bunch of work while Gore served as the grinder. Bradshaw got receiving looks in the RZ and would catch a few screens/dump offs

He should at minimum be their COP/receiving back going forward. Again, emphasis on should. 

2 hours ago, jimithing11 said:

There were at least three designed passing plays for him in the game Monday night, but he didn't come down with any of them. I know one of them was a bad throw by Brissett.

With Turbin gone, you'd think Mack would step in to take his touches. But who knows with Pagano. He might have some "lessons" to teach the rookie for whatever dumb reason, and we could see Matt Jones be the new Turbin. Mack is worth a stash, and I don't mind gambling on him this week in the hope that Pagano gets his head out of his a** and gives the kid some more playing time.

They are going to give him 3 this week.  But seriously...i rather let him play it out and see what he has with Brissett getting hit from Mack's mistakes then thinking he is ready next year and having Luck get leveled.

The Jaguars have given up the most PPO to opposing running backs on the ground so far this year, and Marlon Mack’s 0.51 PPO is just barely behind Kareem Hunt (0.56) and Leonard Fournette (0.55). Mack needs more opportunity, but if he gets it this week, he should shine. His 24.1 percent snap rate last week was his highest rate since Week 1.

Key issue - Pagano giving Mack the Opportunities...that's pretty much agreed upon in this thread.  Going to give him another week on bench to see Turbin factor / Pagano.

Edited by nosh0t

Colts OC Rob Chudzinski said Marlon Mack will get more touches with Robert Turbin (elbow) out for the season.

Advice: Before Mack truthers get too excited, the coaching staff said all last week they planned to get the rookie more work before he saw two carries against the Titans. Mack almost has to see more touches with Turbin out, however, and Chudzinski said he would have gotten more carries Monday night had a few RPOs played out differently. Mack has a good matchup this week against a Jaguars defense which has given up some long runs, but he will be just a hopeful FLEX until we see him actually get the work.

More: Bob Kravitz on Twitter

4 minutes ago, War10667 said:

Anyone rolling this guy out there as a FLEX this week? With Turbin gone and going against Jax bad run defense, I think he could blow up. 

Wouldn't recommend it unless you are desperate personally.  I like him as a stash but i do not feel one bit confident starting him right now. 

3 hours ago, War10667 said:

Anyone rolling this guy out there as a FLEX this week? With Turbin gone and going against Jax bad run defense, I think he could blow up. 

I am in one league due to literally no other options. With Turbin being out and JAX being susceptible to the run, I don't feel too bad about it even if I'm not 100% comfortable.

40 minutes ago, JJRules said:

I am in one league due to literally no other options. With Turbin being out and JAX being susceptible to the run, I don't feel too bad about it even if I'm not 100% comfortable.

Dont forget Matt Jones will now get some touches.