NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marlon Mack 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, theantishere said:

What are the chances that Gore is straight up cut, based on any previous situation similar to this? I never thought about it before, but Gore's rotoworld blurb has given me a newfound hope.

highly unlikely, i would guess ... but this team was apparently shopping everyone but Lenny Moore yesterday, so wtf knows what they have in store?

as far as MM is concerned, he'll produce even with Gore still hangin' around (see last week on the road vs a respectable Cincy D, with Gore having a good outing as well) . think of them as a mendicant's Ingram/Kamara ?

6 hours ago, theantishere said:

What are the chances that Gore is straight up cut, based on any previous situation similar to this? I never thought about it before, but Gore's rotoworld blurb has given me a newfound hope.

Always a possibility but not that high on the likelihood scale. I guess when the Colts realize their season is over, that Gore is at the end of his career, maybe they give the vet his last chance to run with a contender that needs depth? 

How are you guys treating Mack this week (and going forward) with Gore still in the picture? RB3/flex play? I assume Colts won't get much done on the ground this week, so Mack could have value in the passing game (PPR) as a what the heck flex?

1 minute ago, burninglegs said:

How are you guys treating Mack this week (and going forward) with Gore still in the picture? RB3/flex play? I assume Colts won't get much done on the ground this week, so Mack could have value in the passing game (PPR) as a what the heck flex?

Bye week filler, flex type.  He's been out snapping Gore the last couple weeks and should get a few passes.  Offense sucks but you should be able to count on  him not getting zero at least.

1 hour ago, burninglegs said:

I can only speak as to how I plan to use him long term since I only have him in one 10 team league. My RBs are fairly strong (Hunt, McCoy, Kamara), but I've been holding Mack since the draft because I think during fantasy playoff time, or a tad earlier, the Colts are going to fully commit to Mack. I really think he's going to be one of the most valuable fantasy playoff RBs.

Week to week now he is a flex/bye week filler with tremendous upside, but as the season goes on he's going to be one of the best backs to own.

12 hours ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

highly unlikely, i would guess ... but this team was apparently shopping everyone but Lenny Moore yesterday, so wtf knows what they have in store?

as far as MM is concerned, he'll produce even with Gore still hangin' around (see last week on the road vs a respectable Cincy D, with Gore having a good outing as well) . think of them as a mendicant's Ingram/Kamara ?

Are you asking " Alms for the poor ... Alms for the poor "

Way too ostentatious in your verbiage for this crowd :P

I'm hoping for say 10/35 (Houston is strong against the run) but say 4/40 (passing not so much). That would give me a good flex play, which is all I need this week.

He seems to be trending up though and his last games were solid (the only exception being their loss against Tennessee where they completely ignored him).

In a keeper league what is this guys outlook for next year. Gore is a FA and I assume it will be Mack's backfield?  Any worry he can't be a full 3-down back?  I like Mack but have to admit Gore's vision and running between the tackles looks better than Mack.  But Mack gets all the passing down work. 

Can Mack be a true 3-down back and can he run consistently between the tackles? He likes to bounce it outside a lot.

1 hour ago, Big Nate said:

In a keeper league what is this guys outlook for next year. Gore is a FA and I assume it will be Mack's backfield?  Any worry he can't be a full 3-down back?  I like Mack but have to admit Gore's vision and running between the tackles looks better than Mack.  But Mack gets all the passing down work. 

Can Mack be a true 3-down back and can he run consistently between the tackles? He likes to bounce it outside a lot.

He hasn't shown it yet, but Gore has been nothing special. They wouldn't hand him the job, they'll bring in some competition for sure

3 minutes ago, burninglegs said:

No Watson for the Texans and now I don't see the Texans dropping 4-5 offensive TDs on the Colts. Maybe the defensive gets 1 or two DTDs? I think game script just got flipped. Not sure what to expect now and Mack's use this week. 

damn. 

still getting over losing Watson, never factored in this kinda fallout - very good call.  

shockwaves through the magick foosball world, indeed 

6 minutes ago, Panthor said:

his schedule looks brutal, i know touches are king for RBs but i can't help but feel that it is fools gold here even if he takes over for Gore, given how bad this offense has been this year.  what do you guys think? 

I think I want to roster as many RBs as possible that have a pathway to touches. WW pickings are slim this time of year too.

16 minutes ago, Panthor said:

his schedule looks brutal, i know touches are king for RBs but i can't help but feel that it is fools gold here even if he takes over for Gore, given how bad this offense has been this year.  what do you guys think? 

Agreed, I drafted him 2nd rd but more So for next year. Don't expect big numbers even if they make him number one. If you are starting him you aren't that strong in a 12 team lg

18 hours ago, GridironWolves said:

Droppable?

I'm considering picking up a DST before MNF instead of Mack....Steelers available as a FA...  anyone able to convince me otherwise?  Tomorrow they will announce Gore retires of course...which is what it would take.