NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marlon Mack 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, DancingGnome said:

might drop him this week, tough matchup and then a bye. Not really sure if he will ever be usable unless gore goes down.

Same here, gotta start looking elsewhere

I'll be riding him out all year in keeper leagues.  Gore's contract is finished after this year, and he still always going to be stash value because of injury and/or coaching decision by end fantasy playoffs.  I wouldn't roster him if you need the depth for byes in redraft, but I don't see a better upside RB stash out there in many leagues.

Edited by ap0calypse

I'm holding due to playoff potential

how many times do we see backup RBs go off (for whatever reason) in weeks 14-17. Fondly remember starting guys like Hughtower or Denard Robinson past few years.

i could see a scenario where Mack gets extended run in late a December that could help us 

4 minutes ago, jimithing11 said:

how many times do we see backup RBs go off (for whatever reason) in weeks 14-17. Fondly remember starting guys like Hughtower or Denard Robinson past few years.

i could see a scenario where Mack gets extended run in late a December that could help us 

Samkon Gado, Nick Goings ... 

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
8 minutes ago, jimithing11 said:

I was just wondering that myself.  With all that has been happening lately in Indy, why wouldn't they take the opportunity to see what they have in Mack?  Upheaval on many fronts is looming in Indy ROS.  Changes favor Mack, not Gore, IMO.

In fact, maybe Indy has to chase points all game with the Steelers (Vontae Davis is out too), which could easily drive Mack's snap count way up as soon as this week.

Sure, I would drop Mack in a second for Drake or a host of others who might be on your particular WW, but in a deep league, I would definitely hold until we see how things are going to shake out in Indy.

14 minutes ago, Rolling Thunder said:

With all that has been happening lately in Indy, why wouldn't they take the opportunity to see what they have in Mack?  

Because they are incompetent and Pagano needs every win he can get to fight for a job.  Maybe Gore still gives him the best chance?  Doubtful, but again, he's incompetent, so...

2 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Because they are incompetent and Pagano needs every win he can get to fight for a job.  Maybe Gore still gives him the best chance?  Doubtful, but again, he's incompetent, so...

Thought I read something about gore being 150 yards from some sort of milestone. Could be imagining it but rest assured the idiot pagano will get him to the milestone. Dropped Mack this week, can’t hold through bye. But will target him after again. Pagano is a moron 

5 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

yeah really, plus they don't have a very favorable schedule ROS either do they?

Steelers, Titans, Jags, Bills, Broncos, Ravens, Texans.

So no, they don't.

Mack is valuable in keeper and dynasty leagues right now.  Even in the off chance that iron man gore gets hurt, the schedule sucks, I wouldn't even be excited about Kareem or Kamara if they had that schedule.

Edited by Lord_Varys
2 minutes ago, Lord_Varys said:

Steelers, Titans, Jags, Bills, Broncos, Ravens, Texans.

So no, they don't.

Mack is valuable in keeper and dynasty leagues right now.  Even in the off chance that iron man gore gets hurt, the schedule sucks, I wouldn't even be excited about Kareem or Kamara if they had that schedule.

yeah, totally agree, i have dumped mack in my redraft leagues after analyzing his schedule yesterday

7 minutes ago, freevick said:

Dropping Mack seems absurd to me. Granted my team sucks, but I won’t even think of dropping him. He is the colts only weapon outside of TY

He is definitely a good player but his usage,schedule and a bye coming up dont really make him a very great option down the stretch.

5 minutes ago, DancingGnome said:

He is definitely a good player but his usage,schedule and a bye coming up dont really make him a very great option down the stretch.

The difficult schedule is a positive in my eyes. Mack will be in there during catch up mode

His playoff schedule is against dreadful offenses, so I we it playing out like this past weekend. HIs high mark may be this week weekend with then Steelers allowing Bryant to play along with AB and JuJu, as well as return points. I held as long as I could. That team is as disfinctional as the Browns anymore.

20 hours ago, jimithing11 said:

This is what I'm thinking. Also David Johnson's rookie year. All we need is 3 good games out of him at that point. 

Also does anyone know if he's now the kick returner?

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/11/7/16619784/colts-place-quan-bray-on-injured-reserve-elevate-nt-joey-mbu-from-practice-squad

Could be a solid RB2/3 (e: in return yardage leagues) if that ends up being true...

Edited by RoboFroogs
3 minutes ago, RoboFroogs said:

This is what I'm thinking. Also David Johnson's rookie year. All we need is 3 good games out of him at that point. 

Also does anyone know if he's now the kick returner?

https://www.stampedeblue.com/2017/11/7/16619784/colts-place-quan-bray-on-injured-reserve-elevate-nt-joey-mbu-from-practice-squad

Could be a solid RB2/3 if that ends up being true...

how can being a kick returner increase value to solid RB2/3?  unless you're in return yardage league.