NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marlon Mack 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

he looked like an impact player today. super impressive. the commentator was- fittingly- slobbering all over him. 

Great name, too. 

Stoked to put some FAAB dolla' toward him-- but unfortunately I play with a bunch of 49er fans, so they all probably saw him today. Dangit. 

3 minutes ago, '71 Bucks said:

So glad I scooped before Sunday. Get on this train before it leaves the station!

Not sure what this will amount to, but a good sign for Mack obviously:

Also not sure of the context.  Hell, a reporter could've asked, "coach, do you think it would be wise to try and get Mack more involved after yesterday's performance?"  In that case it's almost like, what the heck would you expect him to say.  In any case, definitely not a bad thing.

On 10/5/2017 at 2:22 PM, Queequeg said:

I dropped him a couple weeks ago. The potential is still there, but right now Gore looks good, Mack hasn't been efficient on the ground, and Luck's return is uncertain. That's just too many obstacles. 

Gore looks good? Mind explaining how so?

4 hours ago, naholmes said:

Frank gore looks good for a 34 year old running back.  He's doing way better than deangelo Williams.

He's averaging 3.1 ypc on 75 carries. I'd say comparing him favorably to a player with 0 rushes on the season is about as high a praise as one can offer Gore on the year :rolleyes:

40 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

so what is the consensus on Mack?

had himself a career day Sunday. You believe he can keep the mojo going or just a one game wonder?

Ditto. Can any Colts fan fill me in or anyone who has followed the team? Is he worth a substantial FAAB splurge?

1 minute ago, krest509 said:

the Ques is How much FAAB would u Drop on Him?
I am Going 17$

is 17$ with a 100$ budget or 200$... I think I am going higher than 17$. I just see much more potential with him than Brieda IMO or whoever else is available.

Just now, krest509 said:

yes 17$ on a 100 Budget. i have 90$ left.. I think he is slightly not in Others Radar.. i might go 27$ im trying to get a feel. for what people are doing.. But so far i notice people going even number or by 5

I have some decent depth but when I have conviction I go in. Did the same with Watson Gallman etc... My league has 200$ FAAB for a reference point I put 45$ but just raised it to 55$ also its a keeper league so that's another factor if he pans out his value is tremendous. I just have a funny feeling about him.

35 minutes ago, lbjames6 said:

He's going to be much easier to get now that Adrian Peterson has been traded to the Cardinals.

Explain

Would any of you waste a high waiver pick? I put my eggs on Tarik Cohen and so far that experiment hasn’t gone to well. I really think being a veteran the job belongs to Frank Gore 

7 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Explain

Would any of you waste a high waiver pick? I put my eggs on Tarik Cohen and so far that experiment hasn’t gone to well. I really think being a veteran the job belongs to Frank Gore 

Adrian Peterson is a big name that, in my opinion, some people still value. Now his situation has gotten better so it's only natural to assume that Marlon gets pushed to the backburner. I'm not saying people in every league will place an AD waiver bid over Marlon or more FAAB cash, but I'm almost sure there will be a healthy amount that will. I drafted Marlon with the thought that he would eventually make a push to start or blows up were Frank to get hurt. That hasn't changed and if the Colts fall out of contention Mack becomes more and more valuable.

Edited by lbjames6
1 hour ago, lbjames6 said:

Adrian Peterson is a big name that, in my opinion, some people still value. Now his situation has gotten better so it's only natural to assume that Marlon gets pushed to the backburner. I'm not saying people in every league will place an AD waiver bid over Marlon or more FAAB cash, but I'm almost sure there will be a healthy amount that will. I drafted Marlon with the thought that he would eventually make a push to start or blows up were Frank to get hurt. That hasn't changed and if the Colts fall out of contention Mack becomes more and more valuable.

I dropped him weeks ago, is he worth a #2 claim with mckinnon being #1, i have the #2 claim

Edited by CABLE87
1 minute ago, CABLE87 said:

I dropped him weeks ago, is he worth a #2 claim with mckinnon being #1, i have the #2 claim

I personally think hes better than Mckinnon ROS... Mckinnon couldn't even beat out Matt Asiata we have seen this movie so many times with him hes capable of a wow game but not sustained success. I would rather have Mack IMO.