NBC Sports Edge Forums

Marlon Mack 2017 Season Outlook

8 minutes ago, Knicks2689 said:

I personally think hes better than Mckinnon ROS... Mckinnon couldn't even beat out Matt Asiata we have seen this movie so many times with him hes capable of a wow game but not sustained success. I would rather have Mack IMO.

I was thinking the same, lol one game wonder.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I tend to agree with this.

I play in FAAB leagues though, so I'm trying to figure out if it's getting to cute to try and get him for cheap.

My league is 200$ FAAB I've gotten Gallman and Watson pretty deep team so I'm on a bit of a role don't wanna screw around with him going to Splurge... Believe in the Talent. Also most guys like Peterson Shepard Mckinnon etc are rostered in 12 teams league.. So Mack is the clear #1 or #2 option..

Edited by Knicks2689
34 minutes ago, jspeed said:

I like MM, but it's not just Gore he has to go through ... there's Turbin as well.

Turbin is irrelevant. Has 20 carries for like 20 yards they use him because hes excellent in 3rd and 1 situation. Gore is avging like 2.9 YPC.. Macks touches will go nowhere but up.

13 minutes ago, Knicks2689 said:

Turbin is irrelevant. Has 20 carries for like 20 yards they use him because hes excellent in 3rd and 1 situation. Gore is avging like 2.9 YPC.. Macks touches will go nowhere but up.

A guy that makes Mack inactive half the time is relevant.

Just now, jspeed said:

A guy that makes Mack inactive half the time is relevant.

Mack just got back from injury last game... and basically won the game himself. Not trying to hop into an argument with you but not worried about Turbin 

You have to take injuries for guys at this level with a grain of salt.  Mack is on the bubble as far as playing in the games.

I understand the narrative of developing the young talent.  But you have to remember that not getting the QB killed is an important part of the Colts RB's job description.  I'm guessing that was operative for the past couple weeks.

5 minutes ago, jspeed said:

You have to take injuries for guys at this level with a grain of salt.  Mack is on the bubble as far as playing in the games.

I understand the narrative of developing the young talent.  But you have to remember that not getting the QB killed is an important part of the Colts RB's job description.  I'm guessing that was operative for the past couple weeks.

OK so he has been in and out of practice for the last two weeks.  Maybe he was really hurt.

7 minutes ago, jspeed said:

Actually he was out with a shoulder injury but you can church it up however you want I guess

9 minutes ago, jspeed said:

I respect what you're saying its a double edged sword for sure. He had 10 touches this past week and Pagano basically said it would be foolish not to get him more.. Also lets not forget every single big run he broke came in a clutch situation he more or less won that game. Arrow is pointing up so not sure where the skepticism is coming from... Gore is like 40 ( respect to him hes 34 class act) and Turbin is not very good. 

Edited by Knicks2689

only Gore injury will force their hand,  otherwise a frustrating time share all season with Gore and Mack sapping each others value.  good stash if you have the room of high upside flex starter for bye weeks and hope to catch lightning in a bottle

He has a elbow injury, thing is he reminds me of reggie bush, likes to bounce to the outside and uses his speed. I dropped him earlier cause of injury, he seems fragile and thats my only skepticism on him...

8 hours ago, SkinsChargersFan said:

I tend to agree with this.

I play in FAAB leagues though, so I'm trying to figure out if it's getting to cute to try and get him for cheap.

8 hours ago, Knicks2689 said:

My league is 200$ FAAB I've gotten Gallman and Watson pretty deep team so I'm on a bit of a role don't wanna screw around with him going to Splurge... Believe in the Talent. Also most guys like Peterson Shepard Mckinnon etc are rostered in 12 teams league.. So Mack is the clear #1 or #2 option..

watching him versus SF, my jaw was close to the floor. One of those times when a dude I don't know much about, passes the eye test emphatically.

Folks threw crazy FAAB at Cohen, Kamara, ChrisCarson etc... screw all that, this is the guy I want. 

It's a huge risk, and it's much more likely to backfire than pay off big... but I believe in the talent and I'm prepared to go all in. 

I've got $85 FAAB left out of a $200 budget... and with Beckham going down I am honestly considering throwing my entire budget at him... 

Might seem insane... but I want him bad.  And sometimes when down in the bottom of the 9th, you gotta swing for the game-winning grand slam instead of try to get on base.  

My biggest reluctance isn't because of his talent or Frank Gore-- it's because of the Colts schedule. 

Here are some defenses they play the rest of the way:

Jaguars, Bengals, Jaguars again, Bills, Broncos, Ravens, and Texans twice (granted they are pretty banged up). 

Some of those teams' defenses aren't what they used to be.. and Jax is known for stopping the pass not the run... but it's still a gross schedule isn't it? 

Tell me I'm crazy. Convince me I shouldn't throw all FAAB at him!

FWIW, I know for a fact a lot of my league members listen to Fantasy Footballers pod-- which drooled over Mack today.  And most of them are 49ers fans who definitely saw Mack last Sunday. So chances of sneakily grabbing him with a modest bid are slim to none. 

(also... pretty deep 12-teamer where the highest owned free agent RBs are Paul Perkins, Terrance West, and Matt Forte.)

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

I recently heard a Bryce Brown comparison for Mack based on his "big play ability" and his habit of trying to bounce far too many runs outside. Not really a fair comparison for Mack given he has only really played in a couple NFL games but that was a knock on him coming out of college. Hopefully he's more willing to put his pads down, make a cut, and take what's blocked from time to time instead of trying to bust off a 20+ yard run every play and end up getting tackled for a 3 yard loss in the backfield. 

He's in a great spot to try and put a strangle hold on the starting RB job in Indy for 2018. As someone who owns Mack in every league I'm in, hopefully he can prove himself as an every down back and not just a change of pace/home run kind of a guy Bryce Brown was. 

5 hours ago, CABLE87 said:

He has a elbow injury, thing is he reminds me of reggie bush, likes to bounce to the outside and uses his speed. I dropped him earlier cause of injury, he seems fragile and thats my only skepticism on him...

oh jeez you are right. He runs a lot like Reggie. And they both wear (wore) #25, and have first and last names with the same syllables. :blink:

crap. disregard the gushing monologue above. I was on sMack. 

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS
1 minute ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

oh jeez you are right. He runs a lot like Reggie. And they both wear (wore) #25, and have first and last names with the same syllables. :blink:

crap. disregard the gushing monologue above. I was on sMack. 

Im not sure if his name means anything, but he just seems like the homerun hitter to me. High risk high reward.