Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Ty Montgomery 2017 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

He had 10 carries and 3 targets with broken ribs on a team with a very capable backup. The only thing that's safe to assume is that you're wrong. 

 

His 20 snaps to Jones’ 43? His 3 targets to Jones’ 4? His 10 carries to Jones’  13? 41 yards > 28 yards? I’m not saying it’s Jones’ backfield and that he is a league winner. I’m just saying you’re naive. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own both so this headache is double, but it seems pretty clear to me that they'll be in a 50/50 until TyMont is close to 100%.  I don't think the packers will want to roll out an inexperienced QB with a Rookie RB with Rodgers out.  Just what I think, but coaches are stubborn and want to feed their vets. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/17/2017 at 12:56 AM, HarambeLives said:

 

His 20 snaps to Jones’ 43? His 3 targets to Jones’ 4? His 10 carries to Jones’  13? 41 yards > 28 yards? I’m not saying it’s Jones’ backfield and that he is a league winner. I’m just saying you’re naive. 

 

 

well for the majority of the game Jones and Monte both had about 2.4ypc it was not a pretty game.  not going to give much credence to that 41 to 28 difference.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It made the most sense to ride Aaron Jones for a big carry load against Minnesota, especially after Aaron Rodgers was carted off.  But, as predicted by me, the Packers did not ride Jones.  Instead they gave significant snaps, carries and targets to a converted WR with multiple busted ribs, to predictably poor results.  3 gold stars to the commentators in this thread who forecast significant usage by a busted up Montgomery in week 6.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, SharkSwimmer said:

It made the most sense to ride Aaron Jones for a big carry load against Minnesota, especially after Aaron Rodgers was carted off.  But, as predicted by me, the Packers did not ride Jones.  Instead they gave significant snaps, carries and targets to a converted WR with multiple busted ribs, to predictably poor results.  3 gold stars to the commentators in this thread who forecast significant usage by a busted up Montgomery in week 6.

tenor.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites

tempted to start ty mont but I'll probably stay away for darkwa and henry this week (especially if murray is limited at all).  The split and bad YPC last week are red flags for me.  Especially since the seahawks can just sit on a run the whole game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/4/2017 at 11:32 PM, Mad_Jens said:

I have major doubts about Ty's ability to hold onto the job all year.  Expecting a serviceable first 6-8 games, at which point I think you see the rookies start to get rotated in more than any fantasy owner would want.  Ty was a last resort for the Packer's last year, and they drafted heavily for the position this year.  

 

He's an experiment, and likely a short term one.  

Hey guys, me again.  

 

How's everything going?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, iheartrubio said:

Hundley isn't a bad qb though.   That's what everyone has wrong.  Although this is a Monty thread so yes you're screwed.  Jones is going to be the cow.

 I don’t necessarily disagree but what are you basing this on? Couldn’t we just as easily assume that TyMos pass protection will be even further necessary with Hundley in addition to Hundley attacking not downfield thus creating lots of opportunities for TyMo in the short passing game?

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, iheartrubio said:

Hundley isn't a bad qb though.   That's what everyone has wrong.  Although this is a Monty thread so yes you're screwed.  Jones is going to be the cow.

 

 

I own both but I’m not buying it. James starks would have a couple good games when Lacy was hurt but Lacy would come back. I think Ty is good for 10 carries for 40 yards and 5 catches for 30 yards. Possible TD. That’s a solid 12 points in PPR.   Aaron Jones is probably 12 carries for 55 yards and 1-2 catches and higher probability of a TD

Link to post
Share on other sites

What a disappointing turn of events for TyMo - from looking like one of the steals of the draft to taking an indefinite seat on all benches in all formats. I really thought he’d get volume in the short passing game and be leaned on by the young QB. I know it’s a small sample size but Jones obviously looked fantastic and has clearly overtaken TyMo as the lead back in GB. Perhaps different game scripts will allow TyMo some ppr value but I’m not sure he’s even flex worthy as it stands.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...