NBC Sports Edge Forums

Cooper Kupp 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm on to Kupp as a very late sleeper in deeper leagues....I'm talking 14 team and more leagues lol.

I'm probably crazy but I'm into the Rams offense.  I really don't know why but I think Goff has looked a lot better to me than he did last year.  I just think he's better than the complete scrub that everyone seems to think he is and I agree much of it had to do with Fisher and just being put into a poor situation last year.  I just think that for the first time in many years the Rams might actually be moving in the right direction.

If Goff can even become like a Joe Flacco type QB, there could be value in the Rams WR's.  And a reason I like Cupp is that we know how fragile Watkins has been.

I get all the arguments against Kupp and they're probably right.  But I'm still a little intrigued and Goff definitely seems to like throwing to this guy.

I took him in the 12th round in a 3-keeper league.  His upside/ceiling is similar to what people are projecting for Garcon in ppr formats.  His floor is probably Tajae Sharpe from last year. But he's shown very well in the preseason and is possibly the much needed safety blanket for Goff.  It just seems right.  I like him alot.  And the fact you can get Kupp so late, his risk is nothing really.  If he flops... you drop.  No worries. 

The thing I'm reminding myself (since I'm in a TD-heavy league), is that despite seeing that nice 1 TD tacked onto his preseason stats, that's absolutely no guarantee that Kupp is going to get targeted in the red zone.

Hell, we have to remember that it's very likely that the Rams will go full Alex Smith with Goff and AVOID throwing the ball in the red zone.

You have to assume that Sammy Watkins is going to bust out and be very influential in this offense.  Rams didn't trade for him to complement Kupp, Kupp is complementing Watkins.  Then again, schemes are different around the league so....anywho

I drafted Kupp late so I could potentially call my team Kupp Deez Nuts. 

Edited by dudewithabadcat
2 minutes ago, dudewithabadcat said:

You have to assume that Sammy Watkins is going to bust out and be very influential in this offense.  Rams didn't trade for him to complement Kupp, Kupp is complementing Watkins.  Then again, schemes are different around the league so....anywho

I drafted Kupp late so I could potentially call my team Kupp Deez Nuts. 

I'm debating who I want to hold in my last roster spot....Currently have H Henry but intrigued by guys like Kupp and E Engram who are both free agents in my 14 teamer.

I already have Goff as my third QB that I took in the 16th round of my 14 team draft.  It seems that most of the fantasy community is expecting just another terrible year for the Rams and nobody wants anybody outside of Gurley or Watkins.

I think Goff has looked okay in preseason and they are bound to improve on offense....Can't really be much worse than they've been the past couple years.  

I think Watkins either busts out, which free's somebody like Kupp for looks.....Or Watkins gets hurt again....Which still frees Kupp for looks.  The only real wild card is T Austin as I'm not really sure how he will figure in.

It's tough to put much faith in a Ram's WR but I like Kupp.....Smart player, great hands, highly productive in college....If I were a QB I'd be throwing to him.

Just now, dudewithabadcat said:

You have three QBs?  Free yourself brah!

Well....I have Prescott, Kizer & Goff....Carrying 3 because my backups are pretty questionable lol.  

And there are literally no other starters on our waiver wire....Except Glennon and Mcknown.

1 hour ago, CraftyRighty said:

Most over drafted RC since Tim Couch

Everyone's getting Kupp in the late rounds though right? He's worth that pick.  Who's to say Robby Anderson or even Zay Jones is any less of a risk?  I think he's probably going right where he should go considering his buzz and situation. 

He's healthy. He should lead the team in targets. He's going up against a bad and banged up Colts defense. I think this guy is the DFS play of the week, and if anyone in a tight spot is bold enough to start him as a PPR flex, you very well could end up looking like a genius. 

1 minute ago, TTo34 said:

Let's just say I'm not unhappy to have him on my roster.  He has the talent, but I don't fully trust the Rams offense yet.  May be startable if he has another couple weeks like this.  The Colts D does not count.

Jared Goff averaged 10 YPA and had 300 yards. Did anyone take a vegas bet this year for Jared Goff having a 300-yard game this year?

Goff looks different. The Rams look different. I feel optimistic about their season long prospects, but not going overboard.

Thinking Kupp is a fine WR3 though. He made an amazing catch where he adjusted for the ball as well.

3 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Jared Goff averaged 10 YPA and had 300 yards. Did anyone take a vegas bet this year for Jared Goff having a 300-yard game this year?

Goff looks different. The Rams look different. I feel optimistic about their season long prospects, but not going overboard.

Thinking Kupp is a fine WR3 though. He made an amazing catch where he adjusted for the ball as well.

Nice, I like to hear this. A great deal of FF industry guys were raving on this guy as a must add.

40 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Yes and no. The Rams played an embarrassingly bad Colts team today. I don't think Goff has transformed as much as it appears today.

On the other hand, I've been on the Kupp bandwagon forever now. He's the most trusted target on the team, and will be a PPR WR3.