NBC Sports Edge Forums

Jamison Crowder 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I think if Thompson went down he would be more relevant. He is getting targets but not doing much with them. You have to let the expectations from last year production go or you will just be missing out on other potential adds that can help your team.

Man were we wrong about this guy. The hype train of the earlier/middle pages of this thread is brutal to read. It made so much sense at the time.. Hell, many of us thought he'd offer much more value than Jarvis or Diggs. 'Skins miss McVay so much. I think he has to still be playing hurt too.

I have to wonder how injured he's been this season. If I recall, he was really good after the catch last year and that's certainly not the case this season. He seems to have lost some of his mobility. Also Thompson hurts him, and  Cousins is really spreading it around.

Skins fan here. His poor performance this year is because there is no Desean Jackson stretching the field vertically and no threat at the X receiver position (formerly Garçon).  Coverage is tighter for him this year on the inside, and he is not winning his matchups consistently. Reed isn't 100% as well, so the defense isn't as spread out as the last two years vs. the Skins offense.

2 hours ago, GridironWolves said:

Gut feeling - he will snap against Dallas.

I'm thinking the same.  Teams have to start doing more to limit Thompson.  That adjustment will create more opportunity for Crowder, who currently is on the field alot.  I believe we see that transition this Sunday.

4 hours ago, Brady5 said:

Any love for this guy? Dropped in my 12 teamer, I'm putting in a claim for him but I'm surprised by the complete lack of discussion on him. 

Yup. Good bet to repeat Golden Tate's 2016 second half of the season.

9 minutes ago, DezBryant88 said:

Someone dropped so I picked him up as a bye week fill in this week. Idk how I feel about it.

As a bye week filler u should be thrilled.    He went for 130 last week.   Decent chance he becomes a weekly must start 

3 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

As a bye week filler u should be thrilled.    He went for 130 last week.   Decent chance he becomes a weekly must start 

Matchup is quite a bit tougher @ SEA as opposed to vs DAL.

10 minutes ago, Impreza178 said:

Nice, I just don’t know if last week was more so the Dallas Cowboys defense affect. They love allowing guys like Crowder to blow up.

29 minutes ago, DezBryant88 said:

Nice, I just don’t know if last week was more so the Dallas Cowboys defense affect. They love allowing guys like Crowder to blow up.

No way to know for sure but the bye is a perfect time to give him a shot.   Reed is banged up and Pryor/Doctson have been ghosts.   

Crowdaddy is going to be a second half star.

Maybe I'm justifying drafting him and holding onto him (lol), but last week it he was concertedly involved in all phases. Runs, short, mid and deeper routes. He looked spry and good in space. He made some tough catches when others made drops. You have to think the staff and Cousins looked at the game tape and saw he was their most effective player. I feel like when these WRs get stupid carries in the backfield it's the staff specifically saying "we need to get the ball in this guy's hands".

Trying to be optimistic here! Can't believe he was dropped after a very good game.

25 minutes ago, leebattle said:

Crowdaddy is going to be a second half star.

Maybe I'm justifying drafting him and holding onto him (lol), but last week it he was concertedly involved in all phases. Runs, short, mid and deeper routes. He looked spry and good in space. He made some tough catches when others made drops. You have to think the staff and Cousins looked at the game tape and saw he was their most effective player. I feel like when these WRs get stupid carries in the backfield it's the staff specifically saying "we need to get the ball in this guy's hands".

Trying to be optimistic here! Can't believe he was dropped after a very good game.

That schedule though....

5 minutes ago, PlayTheWaivers said:

Freaking bum. DNP today.

Turns in one useful game where probably nobody started him, and now DNP on Wednesday. Doubt he plays.

Washington is going to have a hell of a time in Seattle.

Easssy big fella.  It’s Wednesday