NBC Sports Edge Forums

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Is anyone rolling with Alex Smith in a tough matchup this week...On one hand he is likely top 5 qb in your league and on the other he is still Alex Smith.  Besides the one monster game 2 weeks ago Smith has been mediocre the last handful.  Now he get a tough Chargers D.

1 hour ago, RyanksN said:

Is anyone rolling with Alex Smith in a tough matchup this week...On one hand he is likely top 5 qb in your league and on the other he is still Alex Smith.  Besides the one monster game 2 weeks ago Smith has been mediocre the last handful.  Now he get a tough Chargers D.

No.  Did you know he has struggled AT HOME?  He has only thrown five tds in 6 games.  Last time he played them he threw for 155 yds but he did have two tds for 15 FF points.  I think I can do better with either Foles or Jimmy G. 

4 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

Solid game through 3 quarters.
Need Bortles to match him at least, as I went with him.
Really glad one of those TDs went to Hunt.  Almost had 2...

Ya just a feeling I had, too bad I didn’t go with it.

So glad I started him in my highest stakes SF. Outscored Stafford and threw no TDs to Kelce which are all I really care about this week. 

Great floor...glad to see him have a good game at home for once. 

And next week MIA comes to KC...

So who’s starting him ‘Ship

week?  Very concerned with whether good or bad Alex will show up but trust him more than Keenum or Bortles (who I think is going to wreck a lot of teams this week when he turns back into a pumpkin). 

10 minutes ago, jumper said:

week?  Very concerned with whether good or bad Alex will show up but trust him more than Keenum or Bortles (who I think is going to wreck a lot of teams this week when he turns back into a pumpkin). 

That's a good question. I'm debating between him and Matt Ryan, and it's such a tough position. With Julio being somewhat unreliable, and Ryan not synced with his receivers, I'm just concerned.

2 hours ago, jumper said:

I am but it's bc my alternative is dak. I don't trust dak enough bc of upcoming bad Matchups. Alex Smith all the way. 

Still haven’t decided between him and Foles.  Last week my gut told me Foles and it was right. This week, my gut is silent, this I am undecided. 

I also own Hunt, so a part of me feels Hunts success can hurt Alex. Such as, if Hunt scores rushing tds, then Alex doesn’t throw tds. I’m sure both can happen, but a part of me either wants to be all in for Alex or all in for Hunt, if I’m making myself clear. 

22 hours ago, jumper said:

I'm going with Smith over Bortles.  Went Bortles last week, and it worked out very well.  This week BB's on the road, cross country, while Alex Smith is at home against a Dolphins defense that's given up something like 5 straight 20+ point games to QBs.  Not 100% confident it's the right move, but feel pretty good about it.

I haven’t completely decided this, but I’m leaning toward Alex the Great over Foles. Now Foles last week came through for me, but I do not believe Oakland is as bad defensively under this new DC.  I believe Oakland has only given up two tds in the air the last 3 weeks, so that concerns me. I think Alex might be safer.....

14 hours ago, datsyuk said:

The game is in KC with a 45% chance of snow. Might not be the best throwing conditions.

Forecast in KC looks like some light snow in the morning but only cloudy or even partly sunny throughout the game. Perfect football weather. Firing him up. 

10 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Can anyone make me feel better about starting him today?  I’m concerned with the weather, feels like 14 with 13 mph winds. I know Alex has small hands so I’m concerned about him gripping the ball. 

Me too, but I'll be taking my chances..

31 minutes ago, TennisMenace said:

Can anyone make me feel better about starting him today?  I’m concerned with the weather, feels like 14 with 13 mph winds. I know Alex has small hands so I’m concerned about him gripping the ball. 

Take these stats with a grain of salt and do as you please.

Since 2014, he has played in 11 December games including this year. He has thrown for 18 TD's and 7 INT's (6 TD's to 1 INT this season). He's averaged about 260 yards passing per game over his last 7 December games. He's attempted over 27 passes of at least 20+ yards over the last 7 games in December (Almost 4 per game). Based on his history, that's quite good. Keep in mind, that these stats are based on December games as a whole, not factoring in whether or not he played at home (home/road splits) and what the weather conditions were. Nothing too gaudy about the stats but should be in line for 250 yards and 2 TD's.

I guess you can dig deeper and look at game logs to make yourself feel more confident about the decision.

Edited by nonstopfan
4 minutes ago, nonstopfan said:

Take these stats with a grain of salt and do as you please.

Since 2014, he has played in 11 December games including this year. He has thrown for 18 TD's and 7 INT's (6 TD's to 1 INT this season). He's averaged about 260 yards passing per game over his last 7 December games. He's attempted over 27 passes of at least 20+ yards over the last 7 games in December (Almost 4 per game). Based on his history, that's quite good. Keep in mind, that these stats are based on December games as a whole, not factoring in whether or not he played at home (home/road splits) and what the weather conditions were. Nothing too gaudy about the stats but should be in line for 250 yards and 2 TD's.

I guess you can dig deeper and look at game logs to make yourself feel more confident about the decision.

Mînd is made up. Thank you for this. I’m going Alex.

Also because Oakland has not allowed a td pass past two games, KC and Dallas, I’m passing on Foles. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • tonycpsu changed the title to Alex Smith 2017 Outlook
  • phatrat locked this topic
  • phatrat unlocked this topic