Jump to content
NBC Sports Edge Forums

Terrance West 2017 Season Outlook


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Golden Spikes said:

 

doesnt understand fancy words

 

Come on man.  I do understand the word "tenuous".  The word was used in the blurb to describe West's handle on the job.  Just because West's handle on the job is tenuous at best doesn't imply that West is now automatically going to lose his job to Langford,  which was suggested by the poster immediately after the guy who posted the blurb.  The blurb also suggests that Langford might get a call up at some point during the season.  Again this also does not suggest that if he was called up that he would take over West's job. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Bugs bunny said:

Come on man.  I do understand the word "tenuous".  The word was used in the blurb to describe West's handle on the job.  Just because West's handle on the job is tenuous at best doesn't imply that West is now automatically going to lose his job to Langford,  which was suggested by the poster immediately after the guy who posted the blurb.  The blurb also suggests that Langford might get a call up at some point during the season.  Again this also does not suggest that if he was called up that he would take over West's job. 

langford is TERRIBLE. he couldn't even do anything on the bears which have a great OL lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, cdd10 said:

langford is TERRIBLE. he couldn't even do anything on the bears which have a great OL lol

 

The Bear's OL was not good when Langford was the starter.  Last year when the OL was playing well he was hurt.  I'm not defending Langford to say that he's really good but I feel the hate on him isn't quite fair.  I still think he could contribute to a team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's fair to say Langford was really bad last year. Is there a chance he makes his way onto the roster and steals some carries away from the rest of the crew in a game or 2? Of course. Will he be fantasy relevant in anyway this year? Very likely no. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this staff trusts him. 

 

He's cheap enough that most people shouldn't even worry about whether or not he'll lose the job.

 

I will say this though, if Woodhead gets hurt or doesn't get the workload everyone expects, West will be a solid RB2.

 

He's their best goal line option and he's proven to be capable in the pass game. I'd buy while he's still dirt cheap.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/6/2017 at 3:58 AM, 10giz said:

I think this staff trusts him. 

 

He's cheap enough that most people shouldn't even worry about whether or not he'll lose the job.

 

I will say this though, if Woodhead gets hurt or doesn't get the workload everyone expects, West will be a solid RB2.

 

He's their best goal line option and he's proven to be capable in the pass game. I'd buy while he's still dirt cheap.

solid flex play

Link to post
Share on other sites

Woodhead had 4 touches on the opening drive before reaggravating his hammy. If not for that, I don't know what kind of role West would've had today. Not that I'm not complaining. But I do think Buck Allen will have a significant role in the offense. He ended up out-touching West 21-19 and will be the 3rd down/pass-catching back when they're trailing. Gameflow favored West today and it was still a 50-50 split. Have a feeling I'm going to be cussing Allen pretty frequently the next few weeks. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, mjagger42 said:

Woodhead had 4 touches on the opening drive before reaggravating his hammy. If not for that, I don't know what kind of role West would've had today. Not that I'm not complaining. But I do think Buck Allen will have a significant role in the offense. He ended up out-touching West 21-19 and will be the 3rd down/pass-catching back when they're trailing. Gameflow favored West today and it was still a 50-50 split. Have a feeling I'm going to be cussing Allen pretty frequently the next few weeks. 

 

what isnt realized with this analysis, Allen spelled West 1 series in the first half, and then had the final 3 touches of the first half in the last minute.  They basically used him just to kill the clock, as the game was completely in control, he finished the game with the final 7 touches as well.  Allen saw really only 10 actual gameflow touches

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, mjagger42 said:

Woodhead had 4 touches on the opening drive before reaggravating his hammy. If not for that, I don't know what kind of role West would've had today. Not that I'm not complaining. But I do think Buck Allen will have a significant role in the offense. He ended up out-touching West 21-19 and will be the 3rd down/pass-catching back when they're trailing. Gameflow favored West today and it was still a 50-50 split. Have a feeling I'm going to be cussing Allen pretty frequently the next few weeks. 

Not sure this is really a surprise. Woodhead was going before him in drafts. The guy is also 32 and injury prone. Nothing about today surprised me in the least.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CamNewton said:

Sell high?

 

45 minutes ago, yanksman said:

If you can, of course. He still should be a solid RB2/3 this year but if you can get higher value for him, then go for it. Thats true of a lot of players though.

 

He's locked in for RB2 numbers at worst.  Gonna be a true workhorse.  I honestly am not sure he will fetch proper value on the market at this point in time, so I'm not actively shopping him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, JrsKars said:

how much will buck allen cut into T.West Role?  will west be a workhorse now until danny comes back

IMO he will have the same exact role as Woodhead EXCEPT he might get a few less carries because hes not as dynamic as Woodhead.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Trifecta said:

 

 

He's locked in for RB2 numbers at worst.  Gonna be a true workhorse.  I honestly am not sure he will fetch proper value on the market at this point in time, so I'm not actively shopping him.

 

I agree.  This guy doesn't get enough respect to be a "sell high."  But he is going to give you volume and all the goal line work from what it appears.  

 

I'm not huge on making schedule predictions before we've seen a few games but the upcoming schedule looks very nice: CLE, JAX in London, PIT, at OAK, CHI.  No more true road games until Week 7 (Minnesota).  Then it's MIA at home in Week 8.

 

West could be a low-end RB1 statistically at the end of eight weeks.  

 

Playoff schedule: Week 15 is at Cleveland and Week 16 is Indy at home.  I'm pretty sure these are going to be plus matchups.

 

I've been high on this guy all offseason and I'm more likely to be buying than selling...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Trifecta said:

He's locked in for RB2 numbers at worst.  Gonna be a true workhorse.  I honestly am not sure he will fetch proper value on the market at this point in time, so I'm not actively shopping him.

 

Yeah nobody is going to give up anything of value for Terrance West unless you're looking for a potential QB or TE upgrade. Injuries happen every Sunday (see Allen Robinson, DJ, Woodhead this week). I like having West as an RB2/flex option when necessary and/or when the matchup dictates. He's a hold for me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...