NBC Sports Edge Forums

Legarrette Blount 2017 Season Outlook

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why don't the Eagles just cut this guy and give Clement a shot? Seems the rookie had a better camp/preseason than Blount anyway. I guess a better question is, why is the Eagles run game so bad? They are supposed to have a plus Oline and if the RB's are at least average, they should be able to produce some numbers out of the backfield. This entire backfield is just as useless as the Giants.

I’m glad I didn’t drop. I actually evded up starting Sunday cecause of Kelley being out. 

It it seems like the coaches might not like him. I’ve watched all their games and he clearly seems like their best option between the tackles by far. 

Im not sure why everyone is sleeping on this guy.  Sproles is out of the picture.  Thats a lot of snaps.  

Blount is the only established player in the backfield and the Eagles are probably going to want to pound the rock in the colder months.   And he looked better than Smallwood and Clement the other day.  Every time he touched the ball it was 8 yds.  

I certainly wont be dropping or making him the 'add on guy' in any 2 for 1 trade offers.

Edited by Funkenstein
6 minutes ago, tooalive said:

Averaging 5.9 YPC this season. 5th best in the league. I think he's being significantly undervalued, especially with Sproles out.

He has looked pretty good the last few games, so don't take this as me dumping on him. But his ypc is a bit inflated from that 80 yard run he had last game. Normally I hate playing the 'take out the big plays' game but I HIGHLY doubt Blount is going to bust one like that again this year, or maybe ever

1 minute ago, urban2014 said:

If Smallwood misses this game he will be the featured back. 

lol he should be anyways with how hard he runs, but what can you do. Cardinals are better against the run so far this yr so I think im going to stick with AA this week.

16 hours ago, stevekerr01 said:

no comments on his game? Man it would have been nice to get that TD that got called back...thoughts on him going forward?

He is putting up better numbers in my flex than Cooper and watkins. Im starting him this week against Car. He runs hard and he will get his touches. Smallwood missed practice monday.

Who is firing up the Blount tomorrow night? I can't believe he keeps getting disrespected in the fantasy outlook as hard of a runner as he is. I'm on the fence but the man gets every opportunity and seems to always come away with over 7 or 8 points in standard. Besides the KC game which was mind boggling, he has averaged 10 points a week. Smallwood is questionable and the run is opening up the pass for Wentz. I think I have to give it a go. Who is with me?!?

3 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

Who is firing up the Blount tomorrow night? I can't believe he keeps getting disrespected in the fantasy outlook as hard of a runner as he is. I'm on the fence but the man gets every opportunity and seems to always come away with over 7 or 8 points in standard. Besides the KC game which was mind boggling, he has averaged 10 points a week. Smallwood is questionable and the run is opening up the pass for Wentz. I think I have to give it a go. Who is with me?!?

I am with you sir!  I'm debating between BLount McKinnon and Elijah McGuire, but might start all 3 cause Hurns is my other flex option due to bye weeks.

Let's pass the Blount!

8 minutes ago, Zekepeak86 said:

I think the Eagles are the ones who don't really respect him that much. Last week Blount had 14 carries while Clement/Barner combined for 12. imo there's no reason Blount shouldn't have gotten at least 20 carries in a game like that, where you're just grinding out the clock in the 2nd half.

It's like the Eagles coaching staff are calling Blount the "starter" but holding their noses while doing so. They really seem to be hoping one of their younger RBs will emerge and overtake him.

On the bright side, Smallwood is still not practicing. Personally I'm having to decide whether to go with Blount tomorrow or hope McGuire is the Jets RB1 on Sunday if both Forte and Powell are out.

Edited by Fiveohnine
2 minutes ago, matanp said:

I am with you sir!  I'm debating between BLount McKinnon and Elijah McGuire, but might start all 3 cause Hurns is my other flex option due to bye weeks.

Let's pass the Blount!

Alright lets do this. I mean, I understand people thinking Carolina has a great run D, which may be the case...BUT, who have they played with a great running offense? OR an offense that has a passing game to open the run. Det, NE, NO, Buff...Those are not the greatest run teams. Buffalo is good but has no passing game, the rest are mediocre with no "special" rb. Im going with 14/73/1 tomorrow night.

3 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

I think the Eagles are the ones who don't really respect him that much. Last week Blount had 14 carries while Clement/Barner combined for 12. imo there's no reason Blount shouldn't have gotten at least 20 carries in a game like that, where you're just grinding out the clock in the 2nd half.

It's like the Eagles coaching staff are calling Blount the "starter" but holding their noses while doing so. They really seem to be hoping one of their younger RBs will emerge and overtake him.

I can see that as well, in a blowout you would think he would just get the rock non stop but being up by so much, giving some youngsters the ball doesnt hurt you. If they fumble or make a mistake, your fine, your still in control. It would be nice if it was a second half blowout but going up so much early on kinda makes fantasy unpredictable to all of us regardless of the player. 

Your up by a ton, you expect the run which defenses know and then a huge pass breaks out. Your down by a bunch, you expect passing which gives wr a better shot to succeed but defenses play for the pass. A good close game makes the fantasy perspective that much better. Both teams have to play honest each way.

Has anyone noticed the Eagles play 4 of the WORST run defenses in weeks 13 through 16?

If you're in playoff contention, trading for Blount is a MUST. Especially now while he's relatively cheap. 

Wouldn't you much rather start Blount vs. the Raiders in championship week than Doug Martin @ Carolina?