NBC Sports Edge Forums

Zach Godley 2017 Outlook

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, MasonBlue said:

QS and in line for the W. Maybe this guy is more than a streamer. Maybe he's figured something out. Maybe.

I think he definitely has.. what's the 4 or 5 straight quality starts.  It's a shame this guy can't get any run support.  That'll change though, top 20 SP ROS

Top 40 seems like a more reasonable projection to me because the Ks are just OK. I think based on what we've seen he could be what Nola was supposed to be, which ain't bad. If they start using a humidor at Chase, maybe top 30 is in play. 

Edited by tonycpsu

yeah, this is just a lame roster trick, he hasn't lost his job or anything. if you were holding him on your roster you should keep doing so, he's just missing one start

1 minute ago, TomBradysCollegeRoommate said:

Was just dropped in my deep pitching league and ESPN has no projected next start for him...is there something I'm missing here? How the hell is this kid not guaranteed a spot in the rotation? He looks awesome. I get they want to limit his innings, I just have no idea what their plan is at the moment

Diamondbacks have 3 days off in the next 7 days.  They do not need a 5th starter for at least a couple of weeks. Probably won't need Godley til the very end of June. 

23 minutes ago, TomBradysCollegeRoommate said:

Was just dropped in my deep pitching league and ESPN has no projected next start for him...is there something I'm missing here? How the hell is this kid not guaranteed a spot in the rotation? He looks awesome. I get they want to limit his innings, I just have no idea what their plan is at the moment

Walker is due back Wednesday.

One of godley/delgado will lose their rotation spot.

Just now, jamesisharden said:

Walker is due back Wednesday.

One of godley/delgado will lose their rotation spot.

Yup, was just about to post this.

I honestly think Delgado is a slight favorite to win it over Godley, mostly due to Godley still having options and the manager heavily backing Delgado several times this year.  Corbin should be the guy to lose the job tho....Delgado and Godley have both been way more effective. 

Probably not a bad idea to pick Godley up and see how it shakes out tho.

14 minutes ago, mtblock said:

Yahoo has him with no starts this week.

See above -- its because the team hasn't made an announcement yet on who loses their spot when Walker returns. In other words, they haven't announced their rotation for the week.

I wouldn't jump to a conclusion yet.

11 minutes ago, St3v3k4hn said:

Just heard this morning (podcast) that his start may be moved up, which means terrible @Col start instead of nice Phi start. Havent seen it in print yet tho...

Rotowire has him slated for 6/22 @Col and for that reason - he's on my bench.

On 6/13/2017 at 3:45 PM, Stein said:

Was really concerned he'd lose his spot - hope he's here to stay. Has been a nice surprise for deep league, deep rosters.

Dude has a 2.34/1.04 and only has 8 starts. Hasn't given up more than 3 runs in any of those outings. Being massively slept on, he's a must-own guy in standard leagues going forward. His 12-6 is wicked.

Edited by miasma16