NBC Sports Edge Forums

5/11 Gameday Thread

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Broxton broken bat hit up the middle and he turns it into a double in 2nd gear. Then he gets gunned down stealing 3rd. But the Brewers DGAF on the bases. Even Jesus Aguilar has the green light. 

28 minutes ago, Stein said:

BIG SP Day for me:

Eduardo Rodriguez

Jake Odorizzi

JC Ramirez

Michael Fulmer

Michael Pineda

Need good starts out of these guys. ERod looking good so far.

I'm still throwing Vargas out there, but boy do I feel nervous that Big Ol' Regression is going to round that corner and smack him hard upside his head. 84 mph fastballs, yikes...

41 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

I'm still throwing Vargas out there, but boy do I feel nervous that Big Ol' Regression is going to round that corner and smack him hard upside his head. 84 mph fastballs, yikes...

I'm done worrying abt Vargas.  For me he's a must start until he blows 2 games consecutive.  I've got "higher ranked" guys who are actively giving me Vargas's worst case scenario and I start them.  Looking at you Danny Salazar.

ERod good outing today 6 gave up 1, but not much support left the game tied 1-1, so no win possible, thankfully we are QS+W, but still when guy puts up a good one, you hope to be adding 2 to that category.  

3 minutes ago, parrothead said:

ERod good outing today 6 gave up 1, but not much support left the game tied 1-1, so no win possible, thankfully we are QS+W, but still when guy puts up a good one, you hope to be adding 2 to that category.  

I wish. Odorizzi and ERod both left tie games so I'm not getting a decision from either. (5x5 roto)

I will however take the 9 Ks, 1.50 ERA and 0.75 WHIP they contributed through 12 innings.

Royals are pulling away - looks like Vargas gets the win here.

11 minutes ago, Stein said:

I wish. Odorizzi and ERod both left tie games so I'm not getting a decision from either. (5x5 roto)

I will however take the 9 Ks, 1.50 ERA and 0.75 WHIP they contributed through 12 innings.

Royals are pulling away - looks like Vargas gets the win here.

Pulling enough away to not let Herrera get save?  Really need to him to get rolling...

2 hours ago, the real donny baseball said:

This final Nats-Os game has to be played(could have gotten free tix,no thanks) for no other reason than I've spent about $100 on coffee trying to stay awake on a dreary,rainy day.The birds have started chirping though,a good weather sign.

What could the motivation to cancel the 4th game of an interleague series be? I know there has to be a financial angle but I can't see it(for the lack of clouds)

Archived